**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No it is a roster bonus treated as a signing bonus for cap purposes. Whether it can be recouped has never been legally tested and it is obvious agents would say no because they represent players. You ask an NFL GM and they likely argue it is really a signing bonus hence the allocation over years and hence in a real world scenario it probably goes to arbitration. You are taking an agent's words as gospel ignoring his bias in favor of players.

A contract is valid after retirement if a team choses not to cut a player. I am not sure how you think contracts work. If you retire you are saying you have no intent to fulfil the terms. A team can retain your rights in the event you unretire or a team can release you in which case they dont retain your rights. That would in effect be a mutual agreement to end the contract because the player retires and the team said ok you are released from the contract. As long as both parties have agreed the contracr is over dummy.

I am not grasping at anything. It is clear voiding guarantees for retirement is possible but because it doesnt fit your stupid hypothetical you dont want to consider the possibility.

You dont know shit here. You are just regurgitating what an agent said and presuming a team is just going to blindly accept the agent's position. So you are trying to pass off the agent's knowledge as your own.

Perhaps you should run what I said by the agent as I suspect he would admit that this is his interpretation of how the law and CBA would be applied and there is still a risk he could be wrong because again it has never been legally tested. Most likely because your entire scenario is quite stupid. Again why would Rodgers do this again? You still havent answered that question.
You are clearly the one that doesn't know shit here as every minute detail of his contract has been poured over by countless sources, and numerous articles written on the matter. Yet you actually think there might be some hidden "clause" that no one has seen yet, and base your entire argument on that fact. I have proven what I said was true, I have provided documentation to that fact, unless you can find any documentation to the contrary you might just be better served shutting the fuck up. And you if do have such documentation, post it.

Until then take your L and run along.

No it is a roster bonus treated as a signing bonus for cap purposes. Whether it can be recouped has never been legally tested and it is obvious agents would say no because they represent players. You ask an NFL GM and they likely argue it is really a signing bonus hence the allocation over years and hence in a real world scenario it probably goes to arbitration. You are taking an agent's words as gospel ignoring his bias in favor of players.

It is a roster bonus, end of story. Your arguments are getting more and more lame. Roster bonus's cannot be recouped, as per the CBA. That is why Aaron's team had it drawn up that way, you dolt.

A contract is valid after retirement if a team choses not to cut a player. I am not sure how you think contracts work. If you retire you are saying you have no intent to fulfil the terms. A team can retain your rights in the event you unretire or a team can release you in which case they dont retain your rights. That would in effect be a mutual agreement to end the contract because the player retires and the team said ok you are released from the contract. As long as both parties have agreed the contracr is over dummy.

Not the way it works, sorry. And if it did, so what? Aaron just does not retire, sits at home on his ass.

A team can retain your rights in the event you unretire or a team can release you in which case they dont retain your rights.

Not sure your point here, because in this event your using as an example, clearly the Packers would have not cut Aaron Rodgers when he was retired, rather in this instance, they are cutting him after he "un-retires". You are literally all over the place with your mindless argument. In this case the full force of the contract remains in place.

Again why would Rodgers do this again? You still havent answered that question.

I linked an article as to the why, there are others as well, feel free to read them

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And as Remy is getting his ass handed to him in a debate, suddenly everyone wants to talk about the Lions, as if anything about the Packers/Jets/Aaron Rodgers has anything to do with the Lions?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
My scenario already had 4-5. Walker (will play there some), Robinson, whoever they draft in the top 64, and then Floyd.
That's 4 including one who will probably be taking at least half his snaps at IDL. Gipson is cheap and probably won't get anything in a trade. No real incentive to get rid of him.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
And as Remy is getting his ass handed to him in a debate, suddenly everyone wants to talk about the Lions, as if anything about the Packers/Jets/Aaron Rodgers has anything to do with the Lions?
I'm pretty certain you aren't winning any debate with Remy. I haven't read any of it because nobody gives a shit, but I do know you are a complete moron, so odds aren't in your favor

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are clearly the one that doesn't know shit here as every minute detail of his contract has been poured over by countless sources, and numerous articles written on the matter. Yet you actually think there might be some hidden "clause" that no one has seen yet, and base your entire argument on that fact. I have proven what I said was true, I have provided documentation to that fact, unless you can find any documentation to the contrary you might just be better served shutting the fuck up. And you if do have such documentation, post it.

Until then take your L and run along.

It is a roster bonus, end of story. Your arguments are getting more and more lame. Roster bonus's cannot be recouped, as per the CBA. That is why Aaron's team had it drawn up that way, you dolt.

Not the way it works, sorry. And if it did, so what? Aaron just does not retire, sits at home on his ass.

A team can retain your rights in the event you unretire or a team can release you in which case they dont retain your rights.

Not sure your point here, because in this event your using as an example, clearly the Packers would have not cut Aaron Rodgers when he was retired, rather in this instance, they are cutting him after he "un-retires". You are literally all over the place with your mindless argument. In this case the full force of the contract remains in place.

Again why would Rodgers do this again? You still havent answered that question.

I linked an article as to the why, there are others as well, feel free to read them

Please cite evidence from the CBA to support your claims that roster bonus allocated over multiple years like a SB cannot be recouped?

You cant read. I am saying if he retires now. They can either retain his rights in case he unretires or they can just release him now before he unretires. In this case one party has already abandoned the contract so if the Pack do too then it would be a mutual termination of the contract. You cant abandon a contract but then still insist the other party has no right to terminate as well.

You clearly didnt read. If Aaron just sits at home on his ass he can possibly still have the guarantees voided. What I posted said teams put in contract voids for holding out, retirment or undermining the team. So if he refused to go to camp that would be a hold out. This is why when Quan had his dispute he came to camp and feigned injury.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Please cite evidence from the CBA to supoort your claims that roster bonus allocated over multiple years like a Sab cannot be recouped?

You clearly didnt read. If Aaron just sits at home on his ass he can possibly st ill have the guarantees voided. What I posted said teams put in contracts voids for holding out, retirment or undermining the team. So if he refused to go to camp that would be a hold out.
I have provided articles supporting my claim, you have not provided any articles supporting your claim, only spouting dumb takes by your stupid ass. You show me, dumbass.

Rodgers has a fully-guaranteed $58.3 million option bonus that much be exercised between March 17 and Week One of the regular season. If he’d retire before the window opens and if he’d unretire before that window closes, the Packers would be on the clock, strapped with the obligation to pay him either the option bonus or owe that same amount in base salary for 2023.

When Favre unretired in 2008, the Packers were able to carry his $12 million compensation package under the salary cap. That allowed the team to take its time in trading him out of the conference. If Rodgers would suddenly return in late July, like Favre did, the Packers would have to immediately get in compliance with the cap, if Rodgers’s total pay of $59.465 million for 2023 would put them over the top.

yet another article supporting my position.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@iueyedoc

for your reading enjoyment

This article is wrong. The option is assumed to be exercised until such time that the deadline passes. Hence why only 14.75m counts against the cap for the Pack currently.

So if he retired now and then unretired in July the 58.3m would not count against the cap all at once. It would be the same 14.75m already accounted for under the cap. The retiring/unretiring in July would not impact the cap as Packers already have that 14.75m on their cap.

So for this to work he would have to unretire close to the deadline ie a day before season. That would of course hurt his value and probably piss off a new team as he would not have much prep time.

So the entire premise of the article is actually incorrect.

I have provided articles supporting my claim, you have not provided any articles supporting your claim, only spouting dumb takes by your stupid ass. You show me, dumbass.

Rodgers has a fully-guaranteed $58.3 million option bonus that much be exercised between March 17 and Week One of the regular season. If he’d retire before the window opens and if he’d unretire before that window closes, the Packers would be on the clock, strapped with the obligation to pay him either the option bonus or owe that same amount in base salary for 2023.

When Favre unretired in 2008, the Packers were able to carry his $12 million compensation package under the salary cap. That allowed the team to take its time in trading him out of the conference. If Rodgers would suddenly return in late July, like Favre did, the Packers would have to immediately get in compliance with the cap, if Rodgers’s total pay of $59.465 million for 2023 would put them over the top.

yet another article supporting my position.

Again this is wrong. If he unretired in July he would count the same 31m as he currently does because the option is presumed exercised until the deadline passes. So only 14.75m would count as they would have until week 1 to decide whether to exercise or not.

This is the problem with regurgitating someone's else's opinion without critical thinking.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This article is wrong. The option is assumed to be exercised until such time that the deadline passes. Hence why only 14.75m counts against the cap for the Pack currently.

So if he retired now and then unretired in July the 58.3m would not count against the cap all at once. It would be the same 14.75m already accounted for under the cap. The retiring/unretiring in July would not impact the cap as Packers already have that 14.75m on their cap.

So for this to work he would have to unretire close to the deadline ie a day before season so that the Packers. That would of course hurt his value and probably piss off a new team as he would not have much prep time.

So the entire premise of the article is actually incorrect.

Again this is wrong. If he unretired in July he would count the same 31m as he currently does because the option is presumed exercised until the deadline passes. So only 14.75m would count as they would have until week 1 to decide whether to exercise or not.

This is the problem with regurgitating someone's else's opinion wirlthout critical thinking.
You are not reading it correctly.

Rodgers has a fully-guaranteed $58.3 million option bonus that much be exercised between March 17 and Week One of the regular season. If he’d retire before the window opens and if he’d unretire before that window closes, the Packers would be on the clock, strapped with the obligation to pay him either the option bonus or owe that same amount in base salary for 2023

Listen, you have been proven wrong time and time again. Now I have provided two sources with exactly the same scenario, sources in which it is their job to know about these things. I will take what they say over your mindless speculation about hidden clauses and roster bonus's never being tested in arbitration any day of the week.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Oh just go fuck yourself already.
It is not as if it is like this was my idea, there are several articles on the web discussing this exact possibility . And no, un-retiring is far from unprecedented. Sorry, but is clearly you that is the butt hurt moron in this case. Sorry to have made Remy look like a complete fool talking about things he clearly did not research before posting.

There are plenty more of these articles

Deal with it you clueless fuck
Retiring and unretiring isn't unprecedented, retiring and unretiring with the type of contract, esp with the intent of fucking over your current team is unprecedented. Not surprised at your lack of reading comprehension.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are not reading it correctly.

Rodgers has a fully-guaranteed $58.3 million option bonus that much be exercised between March 17 and Week One of the regular season. If he’d retire before the window opens and if he’d unretire before that window closes, the Packers would be on the clock, strapped with the obligation to pay him either the option bonus or owe that same amount in base salary for 2023

No you cut off the incorrect part. The below is claiming if he unretired in July they would immediately have to get in compliance to the tune of 59.5m This is incorrect. If he unretired in July his cap hit would be the same 31.6m it currently is because only 14.75m of the 2023 option would count against the cap as they would still have until day before season starts to decide. The below is simply wrong.

If Rodgers would suddenly return in late July, like Favre did, the Packers would have to immediately get in compliance with the cap, if Rodgers’s total pay of $59.465 million for 2023 would put them over the top.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Retiring and unretiring isn't unprecedented, retiring and unretiring with the type of contract, esp with the intent of fucking over your current team is unprecedented. Not surprised at your lack of reading comprehension.
It's Aaron Rodgers. The conversation started about who has leverage. it is your lack of reading comprehension that comes into question.