**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So tell me, if the Lions go on to win a playoff game this year, maybe more, what will your narrative be then? Just curious.
That if humans measure their age in Lions playoff victories, the average human lifespan would have doubled from 1 to 2.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

“CHICAGO BEARS

Pick: 9
Perfect Fit: OT Paris Johnson Jr., Ohio State/DL Jalen Carter, Georgia

The Bears were big spenders this free agency period, and they needed to be. Not only did they finish with the worst record in the NFL last season, but they also had a ton of cap space and needed to spend just to hit the cap floor. Therefore, they brought in T.J. Edwards, Nate Davis, Tremaine Edmunds, DeMarcus Walker, Travis Homer, Andrew Billings, Robert Tonyan, D'Onta Foreman and more.

Though Davis was a nice addition to the interior of their offensive line, that side of the trenches remains one of the biggest areas of need for team. Picking No. 9 overall, the Bears could have the chance to take the first offensive tackle off the board. If they do, the versatile and talented Johnson should be the man for the job. Nonetheless, this is also a wildcard spot for Carter — who, before the off-the-field issues came up, was projected to be the Bears' top pick when they still had the No. 1 overall pick. In theory, Carter as the three-technique defensive tackle in Eberflus’ defense is the best fit in this draft.”

I’m at the hard pass stage on Carter.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's Aaron Rodgers. The conversation started about who has leverage. it is your lack of reading comprehension that comes into question.
What does AR's leverage have to do with your inabilty to understand basic English?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No you cut off the incorrect part. The below is claiming if he unretired in July they would immediately have to get in compliance to the tune of 59.5m This is incorrect. If he unretired in July his cap hit would be the same 31.6m it currently is because only 14.75m of the 2023 option would count against the cap as they would still have until day before season starts to decide. The below is simply wrong.

If Rodgers would suddenly return in late July, like Favre did, the Packers would have to immediately get in compliance with the cap, if Rodgers’s total pay of $59.465 million for 2023 would put them over the top.
Remember, that amount is fully guaranteed, if the Packers choose not to pick up the option, that is exactly what would happen.

If they did pick up the option, that would be one way of being in compliance and lower the cap hit. But the Packers do not want to do this, for a variety of reasons.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I know the Bears are interested in Brents from K State who is 6’ 4” tall. That probably puts Johnson on their radar too.

However, Brents primarily lined up outside.

Could you imagine a guy like Johnson covering the slot, with Edmunds roaming the deep middle? Lots of range, length and athleticism…

Gordon could stay outside.

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Bears OL enters chat…

This is assuming they continue to upgrade but as it stands now, having Cody at C and adding Davis is already an upgrade. Now they just need to upgrade OT and depth.

Year 2 for Braxton should also help….but even still, Fields should enter the year with Moore, Chase, Mooney, Kmet, Tonyan which is infinitely better than what he started with last year. No reason for him to have to rely on his legs as much as last yeae

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Remember, that amount is fully guaranteed, if the Packers choose not to pick up the option, that is exactly what would happen.

If they did pick up the option, that would be one way of being in compliance and lower the cap hit. But the Packers do not want to do this, for a variety of reasons.

Again the article is wrong. If he unretires in July it is not 59m. He would count the same against the cap as now and they would still be able to trade him without having to exercise the option. So the idea they would be forced into a corner in July because they immediately need to find 59m is wrong.

Two team executives who handle contract negotiations and salary-cap matters for their clubs told NFL Network's Mike Garafolo that Indy could take back $12.8 million in signing-bonus proration as well as a $4 million prorated roster bonus. Because Luck has three years left on his contract, only one-third of the $12 million roster bonus he earned in March would be considered recoupable.

And here are team execs noting that when Luck retired the team could have gone after his pro rated roster bonus. So again just blindly accepting what an agent said is dumb.

The whole point of pro-rating a roster, option or signing bonus is that it is a reward for fulfilling the entirety of the contract. Hence if you dont fulfill it then any pro-ration in unplayed years can be clawed back. If the intent of a roster bonus is to simply reward a player at a specific point in time then it would be payable just in the year that point occurs.

You are out of your depth as you have no real experience in these matters so dont understand the concepts and just blindly repeating what someone has said.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Again the article is wrong. If he unretires in July it is not 59m. He would count the same against the cap as now and they would still be able to trade him without having to exercise the option. So the idea they would be forced into a corner in July because they immediately need to find 59m is wrong.

No, again you are wrong. It doesn't say anything about July, that is a fabrication of your mind.

Rodgers has a fully-guaranteed $58.3 million option bonus that much be exercised between March 17 and Week One of the regular season. If he’d retire before the window opens and if he’d unretire before that window closes, the Packers would be on the clock, strapped with the obligation to pay him either the option bonus or owe that same amount in base salary for 2023.

Unless the Packers deliberately find a way to save $60 million in cap space (it won’t be easy, given that they’re currently projected to be over the cap for 2023), Rodgers could force them to basically give him away to anyone who’d take him by the end of the same business day that his contract landed back on the Packers’ cap calculation.

If Rodgers unretired, and the Packers did not pick up the option, they would incur a cap hit the day of the first game. of course they would have to do some scrambling prior. Yes, in theory they could instead pick up his option, but they don't want to do this for a variety of reasons. No where does the article explicitly say July.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
Somehow you think I mean to ignore OL and DL. Don’t know where you got that. Last I checked, Poles got out starting LT in the 5th round. We can get a starting RT in the 2nd. We can get DT there and later. We can’t get an offensive weapon the equivalent of BR in this draft. So, no, not mutually exclusive.
I think you had a mock draft with a RB in round 1 and a WR in round two. The vibe was skill position over the lines.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, again you are wrong. It doesn't say anything about July, that is a fabrication of your mind.

Rodgers has a fully-guaranteed $58.3 million option bonus that much be exercised between March 17 and Week One of the regular season. If he’d retire before the window opens and if he’d unretire before that window closes, the Packers would be on the clock, strapped with the obligation to pay him either the option bonus or owe that same amount in base salary for 2023.

Unless the Packers deliberately find a way to save $60 million in cap space (it won’t be easy, given that they’re currently projected to be over the cap for 2023), Rodgers could force them to basically give him away to anyone who’d take him by the end of the same business day that his contract landed back on the Packers’ cap calculation.

If Rodgers unretired, and the Packers did not pick up the option, they would incur a cap hit the day of the first game. of course they would have to do some scrambling prior. Yes, in theory they could instead pick up his option, but they don't want to do this for a variety of reasons. No where does the article explicitly say July.

Yes it did jackass. From your article.

If Rodgers would suddenly return in late July, like Favre did, the Packers would have to immediately get in compliance with the cap, if Rodgers’s total pay of $59.465 million for 2023 would put them over the top.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

I know the Bears are interested in Brents from K State who is 6’ 4” tall. That probably puts Johnson on their radar too.

However, Brents primarily lined up outside.

Could you imagine a guy like Johnson covering the slot, with Edmunds roaming the deep middle? Lots of range, length and athleticism…

Gordon could stay outside.
What round is Johnson projected to go in?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’d like to see that number closer to 600-700 yards.

Foreman/Herbert are both capable of rushing for 800+ yards

Moore/Mooney/Claypool are all capable of 850+ yards

Kmet/Tonyan both have 500+ yd seasons under their belt

Absolutely no reason for Fields to have a huge rushing year or having to rely on his legs as much.
It’s what Hurts ran for and I considered Fields is more likely to break long ones as in run less often than Hurts with similar yardage.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I think you had a mock draft with a RB in round 1 and a WR in round two. The vibe was skill position over the lines.
Yes, my position is that we can get DL and OL in round 2 or later and that we should grab Offensive weapons, playmakers, up front and quickly. Basically, whatever we can't get in FA should be the focus of our drafting, so, in this draft, I'm prioritizing weapons early, especially since DL is deep and the OL isn't what would usually be considered first-round-worthy. Also, we need a RT and, now possibly, a C, the two easier positions to find in the draft. The OT out of Maryland or Syracuse in the 2nd would both be fine, especially if we got a talent like Bijan.