**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yes it did jackass. From your article.

If Rodgers would suddenly return in late July, like Favre did, the Packers would have to immediately get in compliance with the cap, if Rodgers’s total pay of $59.465 million for 2023 would put them over the top.
@remydat please take your ownership papers of @nc0gnet0 and retire his cap ignorant derailing nonsense from the Offseason News thread.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes it did jackass. From your article.

If Rodgers would suddenly return in late July, like Favre did, the Packers would have to immediately get in compliance with the cap, if Rodgers’s total pay of $59.465 million for 2023 would put them over the top.
That is a rather silly hill to die on. So they would have 30 days to either pick up his option or create 60 mil in cap, take it up with Florio on his definition of "immediately"

Or

Change it to " Late August" and all still applies.

Doesn't change anything.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
“No team can ever have enough quality offensive tackles. And as the NFL evolves, defensive players get more and more athletic. This means your offensive tackles must be much more than just masses of humanity, immobile albeit immovable objects.

But not Lousiville offensive tackle Trevor Reid. Reid at 6-foot-4 and 311 pounds is a remarkable athlete. He proved that once again at the Louisville pro day when he shined with some of the most impressive workout numbers of the offseason by an offensive lineman.

Reid posted a 38-inch vertical and 10-4 broad jump and a 4.90-second 40-yard dash. These would have all been the best numbers by an offensive lineman at the NFL Scouting Combine.”

Poles says hello on day 3.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is assuming they continue to upgrade but as it stands now, having Cody at C and adding Davis is already an upgrade. Now they just need to upgrade OT and depth.

Year 2 for Braxton should also help….but even still, Fields should enter the year with Moore, Chase, Mooney, Kmet, Tonyan which is infinitely better than what he started with last year. No reason for him to have to rely on his legs as much as last yeae

I’m just being snarky

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Jackson is suffering from running QB syndrome. It's taken a toll on his body as it always does. GMs are not sure he will be as dynamic as the past or if he can adjust to not being so and rely on his arm enough to be worthy of the contract he'll demand. He's taking more of a RB career path as opposed to a QB one at this rate.

Fields needs to rush for under 800 yards this year.
For Fields to be under 800 yards rushing the Bears have to fix that OL. Find that RT in the draft and give Fields the time to find his WR's in that intermediate range 10 to 20 yards down field.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe this is why he thinks it is possible. Stranger hypotheticals have come true.

Think it is more than that. He has 101 passing TDs and 38 TDs with a 96.7 passer rating so teams pretending he is just a running QB is odd. Further even if they do feel that way you would still call and have a convo to figure out what he wants.

The Falcons were will to offer Watson a ton of money guaranteed even when all those sexual assaults were hanging over his year and even when he could have been suspended indefinitely.

So nah I think this is the owners trying to make it point.
Could be but a running threat helps his passing. To be clear, I think his passing is underrated and like him a lot overall but does his passing warrant the top contract?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That is a rather silly hill to die on. So they would have 30 days to either pick up his option or create 60 mil in cap, take it up with Florio on his definition of "immediately"

Or

Change it to " Late August" and all still applies.

Doesn't change anything.

Ok so you were wrong it did say July. The end.

@remydat please take your ownership papers of @nc0gnet0 and retire his cap ignorant derailing nonsense from the Offseason News thread.

I am out. Dude keeps quoting people who are wrong then saying well it is not a big deal that they are wrong. LMFAO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For Fields to be under 800 yards rushing the Bears have to fix that OL. Find that RT in the draft and give Fields the time to find his WR's in that intermediate range 10 to 20 yards down field.

That wasnt actually a problem for Fields. He had a 107 passer rating on those plays and 70% adjusted accuracy which is top 10. His problem was he sucked throwing short as he was 30th in accuracy on passes behind the LoS and 0-9 yards.

So while we should improve the OL, I dont actually think that is what was holding him back. He has to get much better taking the short stuff and being accurate in the short game which Poles, Flus, Getsy and Fields have all said in one form or fashion.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I am out. Dude keeps quoting people who are wrong then saying well it is not a big deal that they are wrong. LMFAO.
I doubt it

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

lol, the article was not wrong, sorry, but nice try. I might have missed one small mention of July, yet that doesn't change a thing.

This coming from the person that doesn't have a clue about the differences between a roster bonus and a signing bonus, claims a roster bonus can be "recouped" in arbitration, then tries to speculate there is some "hidden" contract lingo that no one is aware of, when this contract has been gone over in complete detail by hundreds of people.

You truly are pathetic. Your out because you just had your ass handed to you.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
lol, the article was not wrong, sorry, but nice try. I might have missed one small mention of July, yet that doesn't change a thing.

This coming from the person that doesn't have a clue about the differences between a roster bonus and a signing bonus, claims a roster bonus can be "recouped" in arbitration, then tries to speculate there is some "hidden" contract lingo that no one is aware of, when this contract has been gone over in complete detail by hundreds of people.

You ever see the irony in you calling someone on this message board pathetic?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
This is assuming they continue to upgrade but as it stands now, having Cody at C and adding Davis is already an upgrade. Now they just need to upgrade OT and depth.

Year 2 for Braxton should also help….but even still, Fields should enter the year with Moore, Chase, Mooney, Kmet, Tonyan which is infinitely better than what he started with last year. No reason for him to have to rely on his legs as much as last yeae
He's also talked with great awareness about his need to be better in the short passing game and that would be the focus of his work this offseason. I wouldn't doubt Fields getting better wherever he needs to, it's just a matter of how much.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I already addressed the roster bonus issue.

Two team executives who handle contract negotiations and salary-cap matters for their clubs told NFL Network's Mike Garafolo that Indy could take back $12.8 million in signing-bonus proration as well as a $4 million prorated roster bonus. Because Luck has three years left on his contract, only one-third of the $12 million roster bonus he earned in March would be considered recoupable.

Here are team execs noting that when Luck retired the team could have gone after his pro rated roster bonus. So again just blindly accepting what an agent said is dumb. I already told you that NFL teams likely disagree with that agents take and this is proof.

The end.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I’d love this guy in a trade down. Big, athletic and has played right and left OT in the SEC…

He has a nasty streak too.

This draft seems replete with big long athletic OT's that could contribute day 1. P Johnson, D Jones, B Jones, C Mauch, A Harrison, B Freeman, B Daniels. I think the worst move would be to spend a 1st on Pete Wallaby Skronski. Johnson at 9, B Jones later in the first or use a later pick on OT.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boy are you stupid. I already addressed the roster bonus issue.

Two team executives who handle contract negotiations and salary-cap matters for their clubs told NFL Network's Mike Garafolo that Indy could take back $12.8 million in signing-bonus proration as well as a $4 million prorated roster bonus. Because Luck has three years left on his contract, only one-third of the $12 million roster bonus he earned in March would be considered recoupable.

Here are team execs noting that when Luck retired the team could have gone after his pro rated roster bonus. So again just blindly accepting what an agent said is dumb. I already told you that NFL teams likely disagree with that agents take and this is proof.

So again just vomitting out what someone said is stupid. You dont understand the concepts. Anytime something is pro rated it is because it is in recognition that the payment is a reward for fulfilling the terms of the contract. So if you dont fulfill the terms by retiring the portion not yet pro rated can be recouped. Doesnt matter if they call it a roster bonus or a signing bonus jackass. Roster bonues paid in full in the year triggered cannot be recouped.

The end.
What prevents a player from signing a contract with a huge signing bonus and then retiring the following year?

If a player unexpectedly retires in his prime, while playing under a long term contract in which the team gave the player a signing bonus, the CBA allows the team to attempt to recoup some of that Signing Bonus. This has become known as the “Barry Sanders Rule”.

If the team – usually after an arbitration hearing – is entitled to receive the return of a portion of the player’s Bonus, that amount is credited to the following year’s Salary Cap.

To be clear, though, not every retirement causes the return of bonus money. In fact, teams often sign veteran players to contracts with a number of years that they know will not be fully reached. In such cases, the teams never seek the return of bonus money – and likely wouldn’t win in arbitration, anyway. The return of bonus money is only likely to occur when the player essentially retires unexpectedly and without legitimate reason (i.e. injury).

The CBA has a number of rules in regards to the forfeiture of money in a contract, which are all outlined in Article 4, Section 9. The gist of it is that the NFL team holds the right to force a player to forfeit bonus money if the player holds out, is suspended under the NFL drug policies, or retires. The forfeiture amounts vary but in general they are a proportionate amount to the number of weeks the player misses. The amount is based on signing bonus prorations attributed to the year or a prorated amount tied to roster, reporting or option bonuses. The fundamental difference between the two categories is that the signing bonus is able to be forfeited in any season, regardless of when it was earned, in which the amount is more than $0 while the second group can only be forfeited if the violation occurs in the year that they are paid.

The 40 mil was paid in 2022 you dolt.

The only "roster bonus" Luck had to pay back was for the year he retired. But you already know this, your just being obtuse.

Last edited: