**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
You seem confused. We know the cost of the trade. What we dont know is the return. If he has another season like last season then it was a terrible trade. If he balls out and Bears make the playoffs then it was worth it.

I really dont care about his production in a year we got first pick and quite frankly it is better that he did suck rather than ball out and help us win an extra game or two. All that really matters is what he does this season as anyone with a brain knows this is the year that counts given where we are in the rebuild.
The trade happened, and people can bitch all they want about it, but it doesn't change the fact that Claypool is on the team. I've said this before in other posts; I was never a fan of Claypool and I wish Poles would have targeted a different receiver. But I can't argue with his approach. He needed to get Fields another receiver and the draft class didn't look that strong, especially in the second round. Looking through a variety of draft prospect rankings, Jalin Hyatt, Josh Downs, and Tank Dell are the most prominent names in the second round. I think Claypool is a better receiver than any one of those guys and his measurables better complement Mooney and Moore. I think it's easy to evaluate things in hindsight, unfortunately, GMs have to make decisions in real-time. At the time, the trade was largely applauded but opinions changed when Claypool didn't have immediate success. I think it's fair to use this season to evaluate Claypool, and if he doesn't work out, it should be viewed as a waste of a high second-round draft pick. But to make that judgment now is premature. If he gives you what he averaged in Pittsburgh (60 catches, 860 yards, and 6 TDs) the trade should be viewed positively because I think that's what Poles wanted to get out of this trade. If your expectations are 128 receptions for 1,809 yards, prepare to be disappointed.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
From Brad Biggs today, on the top players we might take at #9;

"The short list you refer to is what the Bears are dialing in on over the next few weeks. You’re probably looking at a list of defensive linemen that includes Jalen Carter, Tyree Wilson, Lukas Van Ness, Bryan Bresee and Myles Murphy, offensive linemen Peter Skoronski, Paris Johnson Jr. and Broderick Jones and cornerbacks Devon Witherspoon, Christian Gonzalez and Joey Porter Jr."

So he named the top players at our 3 biggest needed positions. Another impressive take from Biggey Fats.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The topic was you and @Anytime23 talking shit on here every day about how Pace fucked up drafting Kmet instead of Claypool.

It never had anything to do with a certain number on yds Ben threw for, it was that Ben was still throwing for plenty of yds in that Pitt offense. I was going off of your stupid idea of comparing what a WR in that Pitt offense who had Ben throwing to him did compared to what a TE in an offense with barely any passing in it did and @Spitta Andretti said Ben was a corpse when Claypool was there and i said he was still throwing for 3,800+ and 3,700+ yds.

If you're going to jump in a convo and try to vortex it like always then at least try to keep up with what was being said.
And as I already said the Bears QBs threw for 3900 yards and 3600 yards ie pretty similar to Big Ben so your point is stupid.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Newsflash bonehead. .5 years has already passed. That is 1/3, in case you were wondering.
But, according to you, last year did not matter, so, in all actuality, they gave up the #32 overall pick for 1 year of production (2023).

The correct question is whether anyone would offer a 2nd for Claypool after this year

No dumbass, he is a FA after this year.
Yes and the point is he still has 1 year left and will be judged based on that 1 year. In addition, we control his rights so no it may end up being more than 1 year of production if we sign him long term. So again we dont know yet which is precisely the point. Not sure what the issue is with waiting to see how he performs and whether we sign him long term or not. Well beyond you just want to cunt about the Bears.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And as I already said the Bears QBs threw for 3900 yards and 3600 yards ie pretty similar to Big Ben so your point is stupid.
Oh remy, you just can't take it can you. What does any of that have to do with Kmet, who was nowhere near around the Bears when we had QB's throwing for anything close to 4,000 yds and Claypool who actually played with Ben when he threw for 3,800+ and 3,700+ yds? Those were the two's numbers you compared to each other. You do realize that right?
200.webp

Why do i do this to myself when i know remy is going to do his magician act and spin things around somehow?!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why do i do this to myself when i know remy is going to do his magician act and spin things around somehow?!
How many times have you been caught lying only to spin some bullshit? lmaooooo dreidel boy

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh remy, you just can't take it can you. What does any of that have to do with Kmet, who was nowhere near around the Bears when we had QB's throwing for anything close to 4,000 yds and Claypool who actually played with Ben when he threw for 3,800+ and 3,700+ yds? Those were the two's numbers you compared to each other. You do realize that right?
200.webp

Holy fuck are you stupid. I was quoting the numbers from their rookie year and 2nd year dumbass.

2020 - Trubisky and Foles combined for 3925 yards.

2021 - Dalton, Foles and Fields combined for 3635.

Those yardage totals are not significantly different than Big Ben or the Steelers so you are full of shit. There wasnt some huge disparity in passing yards their first 2 years in the NFL. Claypool just outpeformed him sorry.