**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Normal common sense:
-Wearing oven mitts to take a pan out of the oven.
-Look both ways before crossing the road.

@dabears70 common sense
- Big Ben threw close to 4,000 yards but no Bears QB has before. (Then proceeds to argue he meant 4,000+ yards).

Anyone see a difference here?
Pretty sure everyone but the clown crew will have enough common sense to understand that i was talking about 4,000 yds when i said no Bears QB has ever done it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We all know no Bears QB has thrown for 4,000+yards, but several have come close. And your post referenced close to 4,000 yards. Again, choose your words properly.
I'm only worried about the people with common sense knowing what i was saying and you obviously aren't in that crowd which is probably because you're a high ranking member of the clown crew.

Thank you for your concerns though SausageSmoker

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure everyone but the clown crew will have enough common sense to understand that i was talking about 4,000 yds when i said no Bears QB has ever done it.
Again that’s not common sense. You were very specific in your post. Choose your words carefully to get your point across. There’s a difference between close to 4,000 yards and achieving 4,000+ yards.

joec231

Liked Posts:
As if your counter argument is any less hypothetical?
Give it a rest. the only known here is that he sucked ass in 2022. Just another Remy vortex not unlike the O-line vortex of the 2022 preseason.
A 32nd overall pick would have been a much less costly option with higher upside for a rebuilding team.
The trade doesn't speak of some kind of brilliance by Poles, is reeks of desperation during a 2022 season.

Let me ask you a simple question. Would anyone trade a high 2nd round pick for Claypool right now?

No?

Then the trade is a complete failure.

The end.

Imagine spending this much time on a Bears message board arguing about things like their #3 receiver, and being a "fan" of another team.

You:

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I'm only worried about the people with common sense knowing what i was saying and you obviously aren't in that crowd which is probably because you're a high ranking member of the clown crew.

Thank you for your concerns though SausageSmoker
More examples of common sense:
- Dress up for job interviews (not sure if you’ve ever done this)
-Wear sunblock to not get burnt.
-Use an umbrella when it’s raining.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
But why does that matter when Big Ben who was the topic didnt throw for 4k yards either. What relevance does it have to your argument about Kmet?

The answer is none.
The topic was you and @Anytime23 talking shit on here every day about how Pace fucked up drafting Kmet instead of Claypool.

It never had anything to do with a certain number on yds Ben threw for, it was that Ben was still throwing for plenty of yds in that Pitt offense. I was going off of your stupid idea of comparing what a WR in that Pitt offense who had Ben throwing to him did compared to what a TE in an offense with barely any passing in it did and @Spitta Andretti said Ben was a corpse when Claypool was there and i said he was still throwing for 3,800+ and 3,700+ yds.

If you're going to jump in a convo and try to vortex it like always then at least try to keep up with what was being said.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No stupid. My argument is not a hypothetical as I am literally saying let's see what his ACTUAL production is this year rather than cunt about hypothetical production.

Fields needs guys he can trust now as we need to make a call after this year on him most likely so a rookie WR learning how the NFL works who may or may not be ready isnt as valuable as a 25 year old WR with elite physical traits going into his 4th year.

Your simple question is stupid. The correct question is whether anyone would offer a 2nd for Claypool after this year and the answer is we dont know yet as it depends on how well he performs. Again we did not trade for just half a year in 2022. We traded for 1.5 years and any evaluation of the trade needs to include ACTUAL production this year as we would not have paid a 2nd for just half a year. We paid a 2nd for 1.5 years and the ability to control his rights beyond that if we so desire.
Newsflash bonehead. .5 years has already passed. That is 1/3, in case you were wondering.
But, according to you, last year did not matter, so, in all actuality, they gave up the #32 overall pick for 1 year of production (2023).

The correct question is whether anyone would offer a 2nd for Claypool after this year

No dumbass, he is a FA after this year.

Last edited:

Nelly

Liked Posts:
This offense is still a work in progress, but honestly, where is the bar here?

40 catches seems like such an easy target to hit, but I anticipate that next year's passing offense will still aim to take the back seat to a highly efficient and effective rushing offense. So this team isnt aiming to send the kind of volume his way that will stop anyone from complaining about the draft pick it cost to obtain him. If he can take 40 catches and impress the staff with a high YPC, I would say that he is a fit.
Moore changes the game with him a bit. I think Moore is obviously going to get the most volume, then Mooney. I want to see Claypool be a dangerous red zone, deep threat and contested catch guy, like a safety valve for Fields when needed. I'm not expecting anything more than maybe 850 yards barring an injury to one of the other guys, and I like how we got Moore to take the pressure off. Now Claypool doesn't have to go out there and be a beast. He can fill a role, and if all goes well, he earns more targets and maybe blows up. That'd be great, but he doesn't have to.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The topic was you and @Anytime23 talking shit on here every day about how Pace fucked up drafting Kmet instead of Claypool.

It never had anything to do with a certain number on yds Ben threw for, it was that Ben was still throwing for plenty of yds in that Pitt offense. I was going off of your stupid idea of comparing what a WR in that Pitt offense who had Ben throwing to him did compared to what a TE in an offense with barely any passing in it did and @Spitta Andretti said Ben was a corpse when Claypool was there and i said he was still throwing for 3,800+ and 3,700+ yds.

If you're going to jump in a convo and try to vortex it like always then at least try to keep up with what was being said.
I said that maybe once and didn’t give a Fuck about claypool. I’d rather have a WR than an average TE. Feel free to link!(you won’t. Never do)

But nice to see the guy who has me “ignored” still has me in his sig, under his name, continue to at me in the thread I created ????

Hilarious that this guy is still obsessed about the Kmet thing. When he has a good game I get 40 @s and when he plays like shit for two months he goes nc0 mode. I called him Heath Miller. I’m more right than wrong. Sorry you thought he was Gronk, idiot.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Moore changes the game with him a bit. I think Moore is obviously going to get the most volume, then Mooney. I want to see Claypool be a dangerous red zone, deep threat and contested catch guy, like a safety valve for Fields when needed. I'm not expecting anything more than maybe 850 yards barring an injury to one of the other guys, and I like how we got Moore to take the pressure off. Now Claypool doesn't have to go out there and be a beast. He can fill a role, and if all goes well, he earns more targets and maybe blows up. That'd be great, but he doesn't have to.
So I think 850 yards is a lofty expectation. The Bengals throw all game and their third receiver, Boyd, didn't manage that on 58 catches with Chase missing four games. And Fields won't pass 600 times either to help hit that mark.

So let's talk catches as the hurdle and then think about yards, because as you and I both see, Moore and Mooney are going to be targeted more often. If we just set a target at 2.5 catches a game (Boyd was near 3.5) then we are sitting at 43 catches. Would you see that as a fair expectation? And then, shouldn't we be setting an expectation closer to 650 yards?