**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
It’s asinine for any Bears fan to suggest the Bears pass on Jalen Carter.

A 21-year-old that was given over a million dollars in NIL money bought a fast car and got caught speeding a couple of times is not a reason to pass on a generational talent that plays a premium position. If he had multiple instances with heavy drugs or had anger management issues where he acted out in violence, that would be a legitimate reason to be hesitant. This is the classic case of evaluators over analyzing. The tape speaks for itself. The Bears would be fortunate if he fell to them at 9.
If they take him I hope he gets in play shape.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
He was driving an SUV, not a fast car. Not that that's necessarily relevant, but he's too big for most fast cars.

But the issue isn't speeding. The issue is the conditioning that was lacking in the national semifinal game. The same conditioning was lacking at his pro day. Now maybe the layoff between end of season and bowl game and then the personal stuff going on between the combine and pro day were issues for a guy his size. But it does throw into question if he wants to be great. A player who 100% wants to be one of the top guys at his position in the NFL, puts in a crazy amount of work. That shows a lack of effort and goes against the Bears saying they want guys who "love football".

I'd probably take him too, but a LOT will go into the personal meetings the brass has with Carter.
Bump this as well.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I am sure the Bears will use FA for some DE/ pass rushers, plus later picks in the draft. People speculating they trade down for Nolan, but I would not be surprised if it is JSN vs PJJ
I agree, one of those 2.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
His stamina has to be a concern. I've seen his tape, not just his highlights. I've also seen him raise his hand to come out after 3 plays in a series. Carter has only played 390 snaps in each of his last two seasons. By comparison, Jeffery Simmons has averaged 870 snaps per season over the last 3. The reason why Carter only averages 6 tackles for a loss and 2 sacks per season is because he's playing less than 50% of the defensive snaps. He has to improve his stamina to improve his chances of becoming an all-pro. Unfortunately, the reports on him are that he doesn't give 100% effort in practice or the weight room. The conjecture is that he may not have the drive to become great and has been getting by on his physical attributes only. The big red flag for me was coming in overweight for his pro day and not being able to finish his workout. Quite honestly, I can't remember another top draft pick bombing their workout so poorly. If anyone can provide another example, I would love to know.
Carter is a big concern and doesn't match what the Bears say they want.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Didn’t the Bengals have a piss poor o line when they went to the Super Bowl? Good QB play and offensive weapons took them to the Super Bowl. Yes Bears need to improve their o line, but they also need playmakers. Wrs who can separate and get open.
You're right and why I like JSN @ # 9, good OL in other rounds.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

This is amazing, thank you for finding/posting this. What a fucking clown he continues to be. I happened to like a tweet of @Anytime23 pushing back against Albright's nonsense claims that it was all the media's fault that everyone thought Russell Wilson's teammates hated him. It wasn't the countless interviews by former teammates. It wasn't the very public demonstrations by current teammates of his at the time that contributed to those beliefs. Nope, it was all a media invention and you are a moron if you believed otherwise. Dude sucks as a reporter and apparently as a partner too, unsurprising.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When in doubt, we must rely upon these two rules regardless of what actually happens leading up to the draft. If the Bears take him - SCHEME FIT! If the Bears pass on him or someone else picks him before their next pick - NOT A SCHEME FIT! Thus all picks are perfect scheme fits and the GM never makes mistakes.
Learning, you are young Padawan - Yoda - quickmeme