**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I absolutely love O-Linemen with mean streaks that finish the play even when the play is already finished.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yeah 10-yard split at pro days are usually not accurate. There's no way JSN has the slowest 10-yard split for any WR in a decade. But 40-times are usually faster by 0.05-0.08

Yea, no way to really accurately measure a 10 yard 40 split at a pro day since it's all hand timed.

He's prob in the 4.55-4.6 40 range and ran a 1.52 split

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The guy who called the Bears wr corp "Legion of Zoom" last year :poop:
If DBB doesn't know who he is, maybe he should just not speak? More people should try that.
Yeah, Illwill will talk all this crap all offseason, then if the Bears draft JSN, he'll be like, "Poles is prioritizing Justin Fields!". He talked all that trash last year after Louis Riddick and others were calling the Bears the worst team in the league. Then the Bears actually got the worst record and he was like, "Poles knows what he's doing by tanking". He is very loud in his opinions, but then when the team does the opposite, he fully supports it and acts like he knew it was the right way all along.

I actually somewhat agreed with his comment, but pointed out, the Bears don't have only 1 pick in the draft. They can get the fancy rims and a good transmission and engine.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Illwill will talk all this crap all offseason, then if the Bears draft JSN, he'll be like, "Poles is prioritizing Justin Fields!". He talked all that trash last year after Louis Riddick and others were calling the Bears the worst team in the league. Then the Bears actually got the worst record and he was like, "Poles knows what he's doing by tanking". He is very loud in his opinions, but then when the team does the opposite, he fully supports it and acts like he knew it was the right way all along.

I actually somewhat agreed with his comment, but pointed out, the Bears don't have only 1 pick in the draft. They can get the fancy rims and a good transmission and engine.
i remember him yelling at PFF for not putting Mooney in their projected top WR yardage rankings. I want nothing to do with shill accounts. They add nothing.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

Why would the Bears meet with and burn a top 30 visit on a player that doesn’t fit their scheme according to some on CCS? Maybe they heard he’s great at darts and are looking for a challenge.

He’s an awesome trade down target.

When in doubt, we must rely upon these two rules regardless of what actually happens leading up to the draft. If the Bears take him - SCHEME FIT! If the Bears pass on him or someone else picks him before their next pick - NOT A SCHEME FIT! Thus all picks are perfect scheme fits and the GM never makes mistakes.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Kinda dumb analogy. Rims don’t boost performance at all.

Skill players do however.

The point he is making is the rims don't matter if you don't have the engine to make it go. Without the line to block for the QB, he's not going to have time to reliably get the ball to all those shiny new skill players...

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Avila is one I have my eye on. Might even be the favorite given his interior flexibility.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
The point he is making is the rims don't matter if you don't have the engine to make it go. Without the line to block for the QB, he's not going to have time to reliably get the ball to all those shiny new skill players...
Didn’t the Bengals have a piss poor o line when they went to the Super Bowl? Good QB play and offensive weapons took them to the Super Bowl. Yes Bears need to improve their o line, but they also need playmakers. Wrs who can separate and get open.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

There's an art to figuring out DBB - 90% of the time he is an insufferable ass hat. But he has a source, and when he does get information, he words it in a particular way so you know its coming from that source and not him. When that happens, I'd say about 80% of those things that come from his source end up happening, which for when you deal with rumors, is an incredible hit rate.

The thing is, if you don't know what to look for, he's so insufferable and spouts so much shit that it is easy to overlook and conflate his source's stuff with his own bullshit.