**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

msadows

Liked Posts:
I heard about the stamina problems but had no idea he played that little. Wow.

Don't think he falls to 9 still anyway but we’ll see

I'm not sure about this narrative. Seems like Georgia likes to swap out their DL a lot:

1680828993308.png

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Physical talent is only half the success equation. And it's the easy one to see/measure.
The other half is mentality and it is very difficult to see/measure. So yes, incidents that suggest a potentially detrimental mindset are going to give evaluators pause.
Rewind to 2012. A photo circulated on the internet of Alston Jeffrey looking fat. Then he was getting criticized for having a poor work ethic. Then he fell all the way to the Bears in the second.

These things happen every year. The better the prospect, the crazier the speculation. At the peak of the speculation there was certainly reason to pause. BUT…

The #1 ranked player in the draft that plays the most important position for the Bears defense falling all the way to the Bears and they pass on him? Ignore all the tape? He’s didn’t get to where he is solely on his athleticism. No need to over think this one.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Well I don’t know why I needed to be corrected from saying “fast car” to fast “SUV”. The point remains the same.

I don’t worry about being gassed at his pro day. I’ve experienced friends and family die and I certainly went through some depression (weight gain/low energy), so I’m empathetic towards his situation. I’ve recovered. No reason he can’t.

I hope he falls to the Bears. Would be the dream scenario.
we get it, you have a massive hard on for carter, thats fine but stop making excuses for the kid...
i've gone through loss as many likely have due to covid and just in general...If this was indeed due to grievance he could easily have said he would not participate at pro day due to what happened and teams would have undoubtedly understood, he could have gone through grief counselling if he really was that distraught but no mention of that from his camp, I'm sure UGA had resources available for not just carter but anyone who knew the deceased...

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
we get it, you have a massive hard on for carter, thats fine but stop making excuses for the kid...
i've gone through loss as many likely have due to covid and just in general...If this was indeed due to grievance he could easily have said he would not participate at pro day due to what happened and teams would have undoubtedly understood, he could have gone through grief counselling if he really was that distraught but no mention of that from his camp, I'm sure UGA had resources available for not just carter but anyone who knew the deceased...
I’m not making excuses. The tape never lies.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Physical talent is only half the success equation. And it's the easy one to see/measure.

Rewind to 2012. A photo circulated on the internet of Alston Jeffrey looking fat. Then he was getting criticized for having a poor work ethic. Then he fell all the way to the Bears in the second.

These things happen every year. The better the prospect, the crazier the speculation. At the peak of the speculation there was certainly reason to pause. BUT…

The #1 ranked player in the draft that plays the most important position for the Bears defense falling all the way to the Bears and they pass on him? Ignore all the tape? He’s didn’t get to where he is solely on his athleticism. No need to over think this one.

I mean, you want to believe it's no big deal cause it would be great to get him and have him turn into a star.

But I don't see how it's possible for a fan to make that determination with zero interviews, zero meetings, zero conversations with coaches and teammates...

This is where scouts earn their money

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure about this narrative. Seems like Georgia likes to swap out their DL a lot:

View attachment 28059
Except you didn't count the 590 snaps played byTravon Walker or the 483 snaps that Devonte Wyatt. I understand that teams rotate their defensive lineman. It happens at both the college and pro levels. I don't know of too many pro bowlers that play less than 50% of the snaps on the regular. I think it's one thing to be rotated out; it's another thing to be raising your hand to come out. I think that not being able to finish a pro-day workout is embarrassing; especially for someone expecting to be drafted in the top 5 of the draft. If you watched his workout he looked terrible in the individual drills. As I said, he has a ton of talent but I think there is risk in drafting him, and I would have to think very hard before I did

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

you want to use jeffrey to aid your argument? the concern was that he played his last season in college at 230lbs which led to a disappointing season. so he came to the combine having lost like 20 lbs or so and posts a respectable 40 time, easing concerns over his work ethic and weight concerns...so somewhat like carter for poor work ethic, at least he came to the combine and showed up people instead of carter who showed up overweight and couldnt even finish drills...yea those are the same.
it doesnt but you dont watch tape. multiple posters have said he has issues with fatigue when watching actual game film and not just highlights.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Are you saying the tape never lies or the youtube highlights never lie? If you only evaluate a player's good plays, more than likely they'll look like generational talents. I just watched a youtube video CJ Stroud, the dude didn't throw an incomplete pass and about 90% of them went for touchdowns :) Carter has all the talent and plays a position of need for the Bears, Cardinals, Seahawks, Lions, and Raiders, and there is a real good chance some if not most take a pass on him.