**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
I don’t understand your point. You question his stamina and work ethic but ignore the tape? The tape says yes the best player in the draft. You could have the same concerns for nearly every player in the draft. Don’t over analyze. The tape says everything you need to know.
His stamina has to be a concern. I've seen his tape, not just his highlights. I've also seen him raise his hand to come out after 3 plays in a series. Carter has only played 390 snaps in each of his last two seasons. By comparison, Jeffery Simmons has averaged 870 snaps per season over the last 3. The reason why Carter only averages 6 tackles for a loss and 2 sacks per season is because he's playing less than 50% of the defensive snaps. He has to improve his stamina to improve his chances of becoming an all-pro. Unfortunately, the reports on him are that he doesn't give 100% effort in practice or the weight room. The conjecture is that he may not have the drive to become great and has been getting by on his physical attributes only. The big red flag for me was coming in overweight for his pro day and not being able to finish his workout. Quite honestly, I can't remember another top draft pick bombing their workout so poorly. If anyone can provide another example, I would love to know.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
His stamina has to be a concern. I've seen his tape, not just his highlights. I've also seen him raise his hand to come out after 3 plays in a series. Carter has only played 390 snaps in each of his last two seasons. By comparison, Jeffery Simmons has averaged 870 snaps per season over the last 3. The reason why Carter only averages 6 tackles for a loss and 2 sacks per season is because he's playing less than 50% of the defensive snaps. He has to improve his stamina to improve his chances of becoming an all-pro. Unfortunately, the reports on him are that he doesn't give 100% effort in practice or the weight room. The conjecture is that he may not have the drive to become great and has been getting by on his physical attributes only. The big red flag for me was coming in overweight for his pro day and not being able to finish his workout. Quite honestly, I can't remember another top draft pick bombing their workout so poorly. If anyone can provide another example, I would love to know.
I heard about the stamina problems but had no idea he played that little. Wow.

Don't think he falls to 9 still anyway but we’ll see

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
UGA’s D has been so stacked recently. Kirby Smart rotates his DL out a shit ton. That’s not an excuse for Carter, it just is what it is.

It will be on him. If he can improve his play conditioning (which he should be able to do), sky’s the limit. If he can’t, well he’ll still be good, but never reach the insane ceiling he has.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
LOL What did I say that was wrong? Is a Jeep not an SUV? Whether it's fast or not, that makes it, not a fast car. So, I didn't have the damn specifics of the vehicle, let's argue semantics that aren't the point.

How many 300+ DL get gassed and can't finish their pro day? How many top 10 picks get gassed and can't finish their pro day? I know he got "injured" too, but it was a fatigue injury.

And you jumped in a conversation without knowing the context (I'm probably guilty of this as well). But I would 100% take Carter if he's at 9. I'm on record of saying this, in the post you quoted. I was just playing devil's advocate of why it's not ridiculous to pass him up.
Well I don’t know why I needed to be corrected from saying “fast car” to fast “SUV”. The point remains the same.

I don’t worry about being gassed at his pro day. I’ve experienced friends and family die and I certainly went through some depression (weight gain/low energy), so I’m empathetic towards his situation. I’ve recovered. No reason he can’t.

I hope he falls to the Bears. Would be the dream scenario.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
UGA’s D has been so stacked recently. Kirby Smart rotates his DL out a shit ton. That’s not an excuse for Carter, it just is what it is.

It will be on him. If he can improve his play conditioning (which he should be able to do), sky’s the limit. If he can’t, well he’ll still be good, but never reach the insane ceiling he has.
He has the talent to be one of the best in the league, no doubt. But there is a big jump in competition from college to the pros and the ones who become great put in a shit ton of work to get there. You need physical attributes to be successful in the NFL but you can't get by on physical attributes alone. I think there is enough risk that I would have to pause before selecting him. Kirby Smart's team has been packed with talent over the last few years, but I was not overly impressed with Gorgia's draft class last year. Travon Walker, Jordan Davis, Quay Walker, Devonte Wyatt, and Lewis Cine all had less-than-stellar rookie seasons. They all can turn it around this year, but it remains to be seen. Before I get slammed, I'm not saying that because last year's players didn't have the best rookie season, Carter is destined to have one as well.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He has the talent to be one of the best in the league, no doubt. But there is a big jump in competition from college to the pros and the ones who become great put in a shit ton of work to get there. You need physical attributes to be successful in the NFL but you can't get by on physical attributes alone. I think there is enough risk that I would have to pause before selecting him. Kirby Smart's team has been packed with talent over the last few years, but I was not overly impressed with Gorgia's draft class last year. Travon Walker, Jordan Davis, Quay Walker, Devonte Wyatt, and Lewis Cine all had less-than-stellar rookie seasons. They all can turn it around this year, but it remains to be seen. Before I get slammed, I'm not saying that because last year's players didn't have the best rookie season, Carter is destined to have one as well.

You're correct though. Jordan Davis was hyped alot last year and he didn't really show much. But same time, the Eagles had a stacked line already and I think he was injured for a bit

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s asinine for any Bears fan to suggest the Bears pass on Jalen Carter.

A 21-year-old that was given over a million dollars in NIL money bought a fast car and got caught speeding a couple of times is not a reason to pass on a generational talent that plays a premium position. If he had multiple instances with heavy drugs or had anger management issues where he acted out in violence, that would be a legitimate reason to be hesitant. This is the classic case of evaluators over analyzing. The tape speaks for itself. The Bears would be fortunate if he fell to them at 9.

Physical talent is only half the success equation. And it's the easy one to see/measure.

The other half is mentality and it is very difficult to see/measure. So yes, incidents that suggest a potentially detrimental mindset are going to give evaluators pause.

msadows

Liked Posts:

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
No doubt. He has to put in the work in order to be one of the best. UGA’s guys last year were all good, but it was the way they all played as a unit that made that D elite. I’m a UGA homer, watched damn near every game for years, and Carter was better than all of them.

He has rare traits. It’s just a question of whether he can merge those traits with a real pro’s mindset.

Kind of irrelevant though. I think DET takes him and he terrorizes the Bears OL for a decade.