**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Someone should tag him to some of the dumb ass posts on here saying he doesn’t fit the system or Larry borom is only 23 years old with a similar pff grade ??
Why did you tag me?

Yeah not sure what all this cunting is about.

As for Wright, if he moves as well as he times then he should be a fit. Top 10 40 time and top 15 10 yard split, top 5 broad jump. If he were the pick I suspect they would just have him try to get to around 315-320 as a play weight as they had specific weight targets for all players and Jenkins and Borom had to cut weight last year.

If you are going to be a cunt at least get your facts straight.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It would be pretty fascinating to me if the Bears did trade down and take Wright, over Paris and Jones at 9. I've taken Poles and Flus as guys that love the great athletic traits over all else. But passing on 2 athletic freaks for the guy that was steady on the field would be quite eye-opening.

For all the 40 times, arm lengths, and scheme fit stuff, there's something to be said about guys that actually have the strong tape. To me, Wright was definitely the best OT on the field last year, who also can fit in the scheme. But he's not such a perfect fit that it makes the pick a no-brainer. Wright is also least likely to have growing pains of the top 4 OTs (not counting Skoronski, who is a guard, IMO). So, it may also be the best "win now" move as well.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It would be pretty fascinating to me if the Bears did trade down and take Wright, over Paris and Jones at 9. I've taken Poles and Flus as guys that love the great athletic traits over all else. But passing on 2 athletic freaks for the guy that was steady on the field would be quite eye-opening.

For all the 40 times, arm lengths, and scheme fit stuff, there's something to be said about guys that actually have the strong tape. To me, Wright was definitely the best OT on the field last year, who also can fit in the scheme. But he's not such a perfect fit that it makes the pick a no-brainer. Wright is also least likely to have growing pains of the top 4 OTs (not counting Skoronski, who is a guard, IMO). So, it may also be the best "win now" move as well.

Kinda interesting how you reference tape then think skoronski cant play tackle when he has the best tape of all the prospects.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
You said we were bad. That is factually inaccurate. Fields made us better but this is still a good run team without him. No need to shit on the OL and RBs just to gas up Bijan.
Wait, wuut? Fields had over a 1,000 Yards.

That’s 1k.

In the deepest darkest corner of the multiverse for Bears fans, we had Zach Wilson or Mac Jones. How much of a run game do we have throughout the year with one of those knuckleheads and without Fields? I distinctly remember the run game getting stuffed a lot. Like a lot. It was Fields that made the run game the weapon it was. Sure, they put over a 100 yards in games they didn’t have much of a chance of winning without Fields, but, apart from Okay, you have a point, there’s no way you argue they were a good run team without Fields. Stop tha madness.

Now, I like our run blocking OL. I’m not in the least excited about our current rb room. I’m not sure who would be. But, yeah. I shit and will continue to shit all over the running game without Fields. I have two eyes in my fucking head, and I know how to use them.

Bijan coming in would be the most effective pick for the Bears in this draft, and I don’t think it’s even close. The only argument against taking him at nine is moneyball bullshit. He is arguably the best player in the draft, especially with what’s been going down with Carter.

So, yeah, we were bad enough to get last place. Fucking kidding me with this shit?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I do worry a bit about guys who seem to have a hard time with the media already. Places like Chicago and NY are tough media markets that will get in a players head sometimes.
Maybe he just needs to get rid of all his TV's

Canth

Liked Posts:
I do worry a bit about guys who seem to have a hard time with the media already. Places like Chicago and NY are tough media markets that will get in a players head sometimes.

True. Assuming the trade happens, it will be interesting to see how Rodgers handles the NY media spotlight - especially if he stumbles at all in the new environment.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers