**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here is the full definition he is quoting…

NGS defines a hurry as an instance in which a defender gets within 1.5 yards of a quarterback at any moment between the snap and the release of a pass or a sack, and a pressure is when a defender is within 2 yards of the quarterback at the time he’s releasing a pass or within 1.5 yards of the QB at any point during the play.

So his statement is false.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:

NGS defines a hurry as an instance in which a defender gets within 1.5 yards of a quarterback at any moment between the snap and the release of a pass or a sack, and a pressure is when a defender is within 2 yards of the quarterback at the time he’s releasing a pass or within 1.5 yards of the QB at any point during the play.

I guess the question is what if a guy destroys his block immediately and the QB needs to roll out, in this situation the defender never gets within 2 yards. I know PFF would score this in a way but would it count as a hurry?

Or what if a guy comes in to make a tackle but the QB rolls out and the guys falls, is this a hurry or a pressure?

Obviously analytics have a value here, but I think some on here cite them as religion or truth and mock those who have opinions based on watching.

PFF or any analytics for that matter is very difficult to add all the context and situations to. people treat this like it’s a perfect peer reviewed scientific study, but it ain’t.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I listened to NFL Network on a long drive today. Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller interviewed Paris Johnson Jr. and talked alot about him.

Miller said he had the Bears drafting him in latest mock. Said "He won't play G in the NFL. And he is not your right tackle. You put him at LT and leave him there for 10-15 years."

If Carter is available at 9, I think he's the Bears' pick. But I suspect Carter will go before 9. If he does, Paris is the pick.

Last edited:

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I listened to NFL NEtwork on a long drive today. Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller interviewed Paris Johnson Jr. and talked alot about him.

Miller said he had the Bears drafting him in latest mock. Said "He won't play G in the NFL. And he is not your right tackle. You put him at LT and leave him there for 10-15 years."

If Carter is available at 9, I think he's the Bears' pick. But I suspect Carter will go before 9. If he does, Paris is the pick.
I think this is what will happen also.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I listened to NFL NEtwork on a long drive today. Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller interviewed Paris Johnson Jr. and talked alot about him.

Lol. If Paris was an OT that you could put at LT and from day one and leave there for the next 10-15 years he’d be unanimous top 3 pick.

That said I hope he’s the pick. If he can beat our Jones at LT great. If not, RT for his rookie year.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wait, wuut? Fields had over a 1,000 Yards.

That’s 1k.

In the deepest darkest corner of the multiverse for Bears fans, we had Zach Wilson or Mac Jones. How much of a run game do we have throughout the year with one of those knuckleheads and without Fields? I distinctly remember the run game getting stuffed a lot. Like a lot. It was Fields that made the run game the weapon it was. Sure, they put over a 100 yards in games they didn’t have much of a chance of winning without Fields, but, apart from Okay, you have a point, there’s no way you argue they were a good run team without Fields. Stop tha madness.

Now, I like our run blocking OL. I’m not in the least excited about our current rb room. I’m not sure who would be. But, yeah. I shit and will continue to shit all over the running game without Fields. I have two eyes in my fucking head, and I know how to use them.

Bijan coming in would be the most effective pick for the Bears in this draft, and I don’t think it’s even close. The only argument against taking him at nine is moneyball bullshit. He is arguably the best player in the draft, especially with what’s been going down with Carter.

So, yeah, we were bad enough to get last place. Fucking kidding me with this shit?

This is a long winded way of saying you were wrong. The run game averaged 4.8 yards without Fields and with defenses looking to stop the run and our force scrub QBs to throw.

And yes we know you arent excited about the RB room because you have a hard on for Bijan but the reality is that RB room has 2 guys that combined for over 1600 yards last year at a combined 4.95 yards a carry.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess the question is what if a guy destroys his block immediately and the QB needs to roll out, in this situation the defender never gets within 2 yards. I know PFF would score this in a way but would it count as a hurry?

Or what if a guy comes in to make a tackle but the QB rolls out and the guys falls, is this a hurry or a pressure?

Obviously analytics have a value here, but I think some on here cite them as religion or truth and mock those who have opinions based on watching.

PFF or any analytics for that matter is very difficult to add all the context and situations to. people treat this like it’s a perfect peer reviewed scientific study, but it ain’t.

It would not be a hurry if it did not impact the QB but PFF would likely give the DL a +2 and an OL -2 in their grading.

Your 2nd scenario would be a hurry.

Your opinion based on watching is very difficult to add all the context and situations to. There is very little reason for anyone to trust such an opinion as human memory is faulty and biased.

You remember Schoefield sucking but PFF says he pass blocked well. What context or situation can you provide that would support your opinion? Which game are you referring to? Which play? Against whom? How much value should be placed on a completely random and anonymous opinion?