**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Such a weird thing to say. How could anyone know what eight teams are gonna do? Lol
I think you can see pretty clearly when you project out current rosters. As an example, the Lions have basically no one other than Sutton at CB. All replacement guys. They have heavily scouted the top CBs in this draft. They are going to draft a CB at 6 IMO.

The falcons lost their star RT with no replacement. They are gonna take skronski if you ask me.

Seahawks just signed Dremont Jones to a 50m contract. They aren't going to spend the 5th pick on a DT.

Carolina is going QB, along with at least 2 other teams such as Houston, Indy, Raiders.

Tyree and Anderson will go top 7, most likely top 5.

So that leaves Carter at 9.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think, personally, that it is his perceived inability to win big games. The knock on him is he wilts under pressure like tough guy cupcakes’ frosting in a hot car.

(Did y’all see what I did there with the allusion? Sorry, I digress.)

So, fair or not, the lack of success in top games may be the limiting factor on Stroud.
Lack of success?

In 2022 postseason, his team faced the #1 team and defending national champs.
Georgia had the top D in college football. Stroud threw for 348, 4 TDs, 0 INTs and a rating of 192.4. The D allowed 42, and tOSU lost by a point, to a team that won the national championship by roughly 100 TDs.

In 2021, in the bowl game, without his top two WRs, he threw for 573 yards and six TDs and a rating of 223.8.

Against #7 Mich State he threw for 432 and 6 TDs as his team won 56-7.
Against #19 Purdue he threw for 5 TDs.

Essentially, because he lost twice to Michigan, GMs don't think he can play well in big games? Not buying it.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think you can see pretty clearly when you project out current rosters. As an example, the Lions have basically no one other than Sutton at CB. All replacement guys. They have heavily scouted the top CBs in this draft. They are going to draft a CB at 6 IMO.

The falcons lost their star RT with no replacement. They are gonna take skronski if you ask me.

Seahawks just signed Dremont Jones to a 50m contract. They aren't going to spend the 5th pick on a DT.

Carolina is going QB, along with at least 2 other teams such as Houston, Indy, Raiders.

Except the Falcons didn’t lose their “star RT.” They literally just re-signed him during this free agency period. Also, he’s a good run blocker but hardly a star.

I highly doubt Dremont Jones prohibits the Seahawks from drafting Carter if they believe he’s a stud. They’re not afraid of questionable character guys. They drafted Frank Clark and traded for Marshawn Lynch.

The Lions are certainly in play for Carter too. They can grab a corner at 18.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Except the Falcons didn’t lose their “star RT.” They literally just re-signed him during this free agency period. Also, he’s a good run blocker but hardly a star.

I highly doubt Dremont Jones prohibits the Seahawks from drafting Carter if they believe he’s a stud. They’re not afraid of questionable character guys. They drafted Frank Clark and traded for Marshawn Lynch.

The Lions are certainly in play for Carter too. They can grab a corner at 18.
seattle is the biggest threat to take carter, jones is a suspect run stopper so adding carter would solve some of those concerns...
as for the lions i think its gonzalez unless he interviewed poorly, det loves man over zone and gonzalez has everything to be a shutdown man corner.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
seattle is the biggest threat to take carter, jones is a suspect run stopper so adding carter would solve some of those concerns...
as for the lions i think its gonzalez unless he interviewed poorly, det loves man over zone and gonzalez has everything to be a shutdown man corner.
So if I’m drafting for Detroit, am I better off with Carter and Porter Jr. or Banks or Gonzales and Bresee?

Peter Schrager just posted his first mock draft and he took Carter and Porter Jr for Detroit. He must be reading my posts!

Last edited:

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
So if I’m drafting for Detroit, am I better off with Carter and Porter Jr. or Banks or Gonzales and Bresee?
Why do they have to draft a DT in the first? They could get Burns and Gonzalez, Robinson and Gonzalez, Kincaid and Gonzalez, Hendon Hooker and Gonzalez (this is the option I think is most likely).

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Why do they have to draft a DT in the first? They could get Burns and Gonzalez, Robinson and Gonzalez, Kincaid and Gonzalez, Hendon Hooker and Gonzalez (this is the option I think is most likely).
They don’t. I was just pointing out a few flaws in your logic in your post I quoted above.

Their defense was pretty awful last year especially in the secondary, so improving the interior pass rush and adding a top CB makes a ton of sense for them.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lack of success?

In 2022 postseason, his team faced the #1 team and defending national champs.
Georgia had the top D in college football. Stroud threw for 348, 4 TDs, 0 INTs and a rating of 192.4. The D allowed 42, and tOSU lost by a point, to a team that won the national championship by roughly 100 TDs.

In 2021, in the bowl game, without his top two WRs, he threw for 573 yards and six TDs and a rating of 223.8.

Against #7 Mich State he threw for 432 and 6 TDs as his team won 56-7.
Against #19 Purdue he threw for 5 TDs.

Essentially, because he lost twice to Michigan, GMs don't think he can play well in big games? Not buying it.
Just for kicks. In no way does this have me discount his talent and desire. here's more to football than QB play.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I thought K.McGary re-signed with the Falcons?