**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
some more Darnell Wright hype:

Darnell Wright is the best OT prospect​

Here's my theory on why Wright is typically being mocked after Ohio State's Paris Johnson and Georgia's Broderick Jones -- Wright played right tackle in school, and there's still a subconscious bias toward right tackles as lesser blockers. Johnson and Jones were left tackles at their respective schools.

Right tackles are just as important as left tackles. That's been the case for close to a decade now. Wright is 6-foot-5 and 333 pounds with nearly 34-inch arms, and he tested like an immaculate athlete despite that size. His film, to me, is cleaner than Johnson's and much cleaner than Jones. Wright's a pass-blocking wizard who can win at the point of attack with ferocious hand work, explosiveness, or sheer power. He's the best tackle prospect in the 2023 class.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I disagree. Think bears still had a good chance to trade down to 2 then another trade down for a QB needy team.
Carolina is taking Bryce Young. Rumors are a QB won't go 2 or 3. But you think the Bears had a chance to trade down to 2 (so Houston could take Young) and then trade back again? That scenario is already playing out and nobody is going up to #2.

And no way were they getting DJ Moore in that case either, as Carolina would have already planned their whole draft around having Moore on the roster.

I mean, you're free to disagree but you're just ignoring information that is out there if you think the Bears could have benefitted more by trading down to 2 and then again.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
some more Darnell Wright hype:

Darnell Wright is the best OT prospect​

Here's my theory on why Wright is typically being mocked after Ohio State's Paris Johnson and Georgia's Broderick Jones -- Wright played right tackle in school, and there's still a subconscious bias toward right tackles as lesser blockers. Johnson and Jones were left tackles at their respective schools.

Right tackles are just as important as left tackles. That's been the case for close to a decade now. Wright is 6-foot-5 and 333 pounds with nearly 34-inch arms, and he tested like an immaculate athlete despite that size. His film, to me, is cleaner than Johnson's and much cleaner than Jones. Wright's a pass-blocking wizard who can win at the point of attack with ferocious hand work, explosiveness, or sheer power. He's the best tackle prospect in the 2023 class.

The point about RT is true, and I'd argue you need to be at least average at every single OL spot.

I'd be ecstatic if Poles stayed at 9 and drafted a tackle. I don't even care which one.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Didn't realize Hooker was so old...

What are we doing with Hendon Hooker?​

So not exactly a take, but let me explain my thought on the Tennessee quarterback. Hooker has a great story. He seems like a nice guy. But what are we doing speculating him going in the first round? He's 25. That absolutely matters. Trevor Lawrence isn't 25 until 2024. Beyond that, he tore his ACL in late November. So he's unlikely to be fully ready for the start of his rookie season. He'll be 30 at the end of his rookie deal. Hooker simply doesn't provide anywhere close to the same ROI possibility as 99% of quarterback prospects.

Quarterbacks play until nearly 40 years old if they stay healthy and play on a high level. So Hooker being 25 is not a big deal.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The point about RT is true, and I'd argue you need to be at least average at every single OL spot.

I'd be ecstatic if Poles stayed at 9 and drafted a tackle. I don't even care which one.
I'm very intrigued by potentially seeing Darnell Wright play around 315-320 in this offense. He already has excellent feet, he isn't great in space though. If losing 10-18lbs makes him a little more agile in space (and he tested agile enough as is), then you're talking a phenomenal prospect.

That being said, I don't know why they'd stay at 9 if they can move back and still get an OT. You can have your cake and eat it too, if you're not picky about which slice you get. And if they are good with Jones, Johnson or Wright, trading back is the move. The question becomes, how far?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't complain coming out of the draft with that list of players.

I see @Anytime23 still spends all of his time trolling anyone he can when not playing video games in moms basement.
I like how you did a quick edit to this so i wouldnt get notified and it doesnt show the edited stamp.

Nice to see i still live rent free in your head. If not for me, it would be completely empty.