**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Riiiiight so those others teams picked the 2nd and 3rd best….
You’ve never seen a player picked after a guy at the same position outplay the guy(s) taken before him???

This isn’t some foreign concept to think a guy drafted later in the first round could be better than a guy taken earlier in the first round

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Poor you that you had to delete one of your 38,283 threads about this upcoming draft because you were being made fun of.

Thank you please donate to my GoFundMe. I've already informed the wah police. Please pray for me.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
You’ve never seen a player picked after a guy at the same position outplay the guy(s) taken before him???

This isn’t some foreign concept to think a guy drafted later in the first round could be better than a guy taken earlier in the first round
The other teams believe they are picking the better player. But you somehow know better? LOL

Is it a foreign concept that guys are drafted higher in the draft because they are usually better?

The point is to not get cute and just stay at 9 and pick who they think is the best OT. Don't get cute because for every one of those trade back and get Wright mock drafts, there's one where CHI trades back and doesn't get Wright (or any of the other two OTs).

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
So if I’m drafting for Detroit, am I better off with Carter and Porter Jr. or Banks or Gonzales and Bresee?

Peter Schrager just posted his first mock draft and he took Carter and Porter Jr for Detroit. He must be reading my posts!

lol well this is certainly a mock...
trading between division rivals so your opponent can get the qb of their choice that you now have to face twice a year? cmon now...
also dont agree that richardson is taken by seahawks... carroll is under contract through 2025 but my guess is it will be a year to year thing for him...having said that my take is he will want immediate impact guys and while schneider is the GM, i'd imagine carroll has some sort of veto power. my guess is seahawks take wilson or carter at 5...

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
The other teams believe they are picking the better player. But you somehow know better? LOL

Is it a foreign concept that guys are drafted higher in the draft because they are usually better?

The point is to not get cute and just stay at 9 and pick who they think is the best OT. Don't get cute because for every one of those trade back and get Wright mock drafts, there's one where CHI trades back and doesn't get Wright (or any of the other two OTs).
Trayvon walker was drafted before Aidan Hutchinson last year. Hutchinson was pretty much unanimously viewed as the better player but walker was picked for upside. Also teams can view players as a better fit and therefore they go higher because of that.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Then don’t get cute and pick Wright at 9 if that’s your concern

Right now, no teams have made any pick. It’s all speculation. Some “experts” like PJJ or Jones more than Wright. I can find “experts” that like Wright more

Comes down to whomst poles likes the most.

But yes, IMO Wright is the best tackle in the draft. If that triggers you or something then so be it

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Trayvon walker was drafted before Aidan Hutchinson last year. Hutchinson was pretty much unanimously viewed as the better player but walker was picked for upside. Also teams can view players as a better fit and therefore they go higher because of that.
Yes he was picked one spot ahead.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Right now, no teams have made any pick. It’s all speculation. Some “experts” like PJJ or Jones more than Wright. I can find “experts” that like Wright more

But yes, IMO Wright is the best tackle in the draft. If that triggers you or something then so be it
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Stay at 9 and have your pick of the best of the OT. If that's Wright, then great.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I like Wright. But I can’t get behind him being OT1. He was a long term starter before this year and kind of a mild disappointment. Not sure he was even a round 1 candidate heading into the season. He only looked this good at RT. Paris was good at RG. He was good at LT. He’s got more versatility to his game IMO. If he’s there at 9 and I’m Poles I’m sprinting to the podium.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I like Wright. But I can’t get behind him being OT1. He was a long term starter before this year and kind of a mild disappointment. Not sure he was even a round 1 candidate heading into the season. He only looked this good at RT. Paris was good at RG. He was good at LT. He’s got more versatility to his game IMO. If he’s there at 9 and I’m Poles I’m sprinting to the podium.
And that’s perfectly fine to feel that way

I would just counter with before this past season, when he played LT his junior year…it was a new system that asked different things of its linemen. That was the year Heupel came in with the new offense.

That may or may not be a big deal to you, but it’s something to consider at least. I also don’t feel he was as poor at it as you think

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The significance is that Carter has been “graded” as the best DT prospect since Quinnen Williams who was a star prospect, who by the way went 3rd overall.

But yes, the CHI DL is pretty bad, much worse than the NYJ DL at the time

Yeah I think Williams was still solid as a rookie. Just got banged up a bit but good run defender and showed flashes pass rush wise. That is pretty much what I would expect from Carter.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Didn't realize Hooker was so old...

What are we doing with Hendon Hooker?​

So not exactly a take, but let me explain my thought on the Tennessee quarterback. Hooker has a great story. He seems like a nice guy. But what are we doing speculating him going in the first round? He's 25. That absolutely matters. Trevor Lawrence isn't 25 until 2024. Beyond that, he tore his ACL in late November. So he's unlikely to be fully ready for the start of his rookie season. He'll be 30 at the end of his rookie deal. Hooker simply doesn't provide anywhere close to the same ROI possibility as 99% of quarterback prospects.