**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Steelers get a washed up WR that still had more TDs than their #1 Johnson

Whatever they pay, it isn't worth it ??‍♂️

Stats gonna be even worse with Pickett
Moves worse than the Steelers trading for Robinson

Drafting Vuhgina Jones Jr in the 3rd round
Trading #32 for Claypool
Trading a 7th for Harry

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Moves worse than the Steelers trading for Robinson

Drafting Vuhgina Jones Jr in the 3rd round
Trading #32 for Claypool
Trading a 7th for Harry

Does Allen Robinson have better numbers than Claypool this year?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Does Allen Robinson have better numbers than Claypool this year?
Does the answer to that question matter that one player cost the 32nd overall pick and the other cost trading back 17 spots in the very last round of the draft?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Ephialtes 300 GIF - Ephialtes 300 Betray - Discover & Share GIFs

CC: @Clintk55
That's the ugliest 4 year old I've ever seen, I thought kids were suppose to be cute.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I think you can see pretty clearly when you project out current rosters. As an example, the Lions have basically no one other than Sutton at CB. All replacement guys. They have heavily scouted the top CBs in this draft. They are going to draft a CB at 6 IMO.

The falcons lost their star RT with no replacement. They are gonna take skronski if you ask me.

Seahawks just signed Dremont Jones to a 50m contract. They aren't going to spend the 5th pick on a DT.

Carolina is going QB, along with at least 2 other teams such as Houston, Indy, Raiders.

Tyree and Anderson will go top 7, most likely top 5.

So that leaves Carter at 9.
Probably correct, not sure I like that, Carter concerns me as to if he really has the heart & desire.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I like Wright. But I can’t get behind him being OT1. He was a long term starter before this year and kind of a mild disappointment. Not sure he was even a round 1 candidate heading into the season. He only looked this good at RT. Paris was good at RG. He was good at LT. He’s got more versatility to his game IMO. If he’s there at 9 and I’m Poles I’m sprinting to the podium.
If they pick at # 9 I'd go PJJ for the reasons you name if mid round or later give me Wright or Jones.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Carolina is taking Bryce Young. Rumors are a QB won't go 2 or 3. But you think the Bears had a chance to trade down to 2 (so Houston could take Young) and then trade back again? That scenario is already playing out and nobody is going up to #2.

And no way were they getting DJ Moore in that case either, as Carolina would have already planned their whole draft around having Moore on the roster.

I mean, you're free to disagree but you're just ignoring information that is out there if you think the Bears could have benefitted more by trading down to 2 and then again.
The 2 trade deal was always a very long shot.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Where are the Bears? #32?

That's the ugliest 4 year old I've ever seen, I thought kids were suppose to be cute.

Yes, Poles was brilliant and timing was spot on.

Probably correct, not sure I like that, Carter concerns me as to if he really has the heart & desire.

If they pick at # 9 I'd go PJJ for the reasons you name if mid round or later give me Wright or Jones.

The 2 trade deal was always a very long shot.

They're talking about the WR from GA.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Think a lot of Bears fans will be ripping dicks when they realize Poles is not as gung ho about an OT in the first round as they are.
I think in this draft it is more about value than any exact position for Poles this early in his re-build. For example, if Poles feels that trading down to 17 and taking the best player on his board plus getting that #32 pick is the best value for the Bears than that's what he should do.