**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You’ve never seen a player picked after a guy at the same position outplay the guy(s) taken before him???

This isn’t some foreign concept to think a guy drafted later in the first round could be better than a guy taken earlier in the first round
He doesn't get it. Whoever is taken first must be better. That's why he keeps moaning that the Bears "let them" take the best, as of the Bears would trade down to allow a team to pick the very guy the Bears covet.

It's a fundamental misunderstanding of how the draft works. People think a team trades to an opponent when they both want the same guy. I don't get it.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
We all know the Bears need radical improvement here. Mustipher was one of the largest obstacles to Justin’s development. Your pivot can’t be getting tossed around and giving up immediate inside pressure. It’s simply brutal for the QB. Imagine if Justin wasn’t one of the most mobile QBs in the NFL. How nice would it be for Fields to be able to step up into a comfortable pocket?

The Miami game last season was a great example of the disparity between a clean pocket and chaos. Tua was leisurely hitting wide open receivers while Justin was running for his life, but still making plays all over the field.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Tillman is my guy, but the need dropped a lot when they traded for DJ.

Just don’t see a way bears are picking him in the 2nd or 3rd round over other positions that have a lot of talent and a greater need for the bears
I believe we both know without the injury he might be slotted at the back of the first round.

I wouldn’t mind him in that cluster of picks at the end of round 2 and the start of 3.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
@knoxville7

“PICK: Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee

If Cedric Tillman hadn't sustained a high ankle sprain in the third game of the year, we would be talking about him as WR1 in this draft. He has excellent size (6-3, 213 pounds), is a physical pass catcher and went off against both Georgia and Alabama in 2021 when he was healthy. He played through injury this year to be part of the Vols' run, but I feel like people are sleeping on him because of his lack of production (relative to a healthy 2021).

PICK: Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee

Hyatt is a burner who might not find a spot in the first round because of sheer numbers. There are four other receivers in this class with more buzz around them -- TCU's Quentin Johnston, USC's Jordan Addison, Ohio State's Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Boston College's Zay Flowers -- and each could be drafted on Day 1. Hyatt is a big play waiting to happen, but he's also not as well-rounded as those others yet.”

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Tillman is my guy, but the need dropped a lot when they traded for DJ.

Just don’t see a way bears are picking him in the 2nd or 3rd round over other positions that have a lot of talent and a greater need for the bears
Well Poles is likely going to lose Mooney or Claypool in 2024 so I can understand it. I’m just worried about Tillman’s ability to stay healthy.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I want this guy on the Bears!

“PICK: Steve Avila, IOL, TCU

Avila actually played every position at TCU except left tackle, and, in 15 starts at left guard for the national championship runner-up, he did not give up a sack in 2022, earning him consensus All-American honors. He's projected to be an immediate NFL starter; given how many teams are desperate for offensive-line help, Avila shouldn't have to wait around long on Day 2. “

Trading down and grabbing Wright and Avila would be an awesome scenario for the Bears. Avila played plenty of Center at TCU.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@knoxville7

“PICK: Cedric Tillman, WR, Tennessee

If Cedric Tillman hadn't sustained a high ankle sprain in the third game of the year, we would be talking about him as WR1 in this draft. He has excellent size (6-3, 213 pounds), is a physical pass catcher and went off against both Georgia and Alabama in 2021 when he was healthy. He played through injury this year to be part of the Vols' run, but I feel like people are sleeping on him because of his lack of production (relative to a healthy 2021).

PICK: Jalin Hyatt, WR, Tennessee

Hyatt is a burner who might not find a spot in the first round because of sheer numbers. There are four other receivers in this class with more buzz around them -- TCU's Quentin Johnston, USC's Jordan Addison, Ohio State's Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Boston College's Zay Flowers -- and each could be drafted on Day 1. Hyatt is a big play waiting to happen, but he's also not as well-rounded as those others yet.”

Yeah, id stay away from Hyatt as much as I love the kid for what he did this season(to bama in particular)