**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well Poles is likely going to lose Mooney or Claypool in 2024 so I can understand it. I’m just worried about Tillman’s ability to stay healthy.
I don’t worry too much about tillmans health, as long as he’s healthy now

Last year was his first injury. So I wouldn’t say he’s injury prone, but I can get the concern with a WR with an ankle issue. But if the medical tests are clear now, I wouldn’t worry any more about him than any other prospect really

All that said, I’d be shocked if he’s a bear

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If this guy truly comps to Gilmore, there should be zero dick ripping if he’s the pick at 9 and believe me I want an OT in the worst way.

9218da70-47cb-423a-a0b5-5bf9f0b4f919.png
Christian Gonzalez
Oregon · Junior
“PRO COMPARISON: Stephon Gilmore

It was challenging to come up with a Gonzalez comp for two main reasons ... First, the smooth 6-1, 197-pounder has markers for lots of upside in both man and zone coverages (usually one indexes markedly higher). Second, his center of gravity and change-of-direction speed grade out very well in computer vision, but those traits tend to point to certain player comps that would only tell part of Gonzalez's story. That said, Gilmore's computer-vision metrics are close to those of Gonzalez, and they've treated the similarly sized cover man pretty darned well: According to computer vision, Gilmore has ranked among the top seven CBs in four of the past five seasons when it comes to his percentage rates of stopping opponents from earning first downs and touchdowns. Gonzalez, who spent his first two seasons at Colorado, ranks second in the Pac-12 since 2020 with 22 forced incompletions.”

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I did have DeWayne McBride on my late round RB list but 5 fumbles this year and 4 the prior year is a obvious concern that i don't want any part of.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems all the Ohio State receivers are deferential and say someone else in their fraternity is the best. The hype is getting pretty crazy. Right now, he looks like a superstar in the making.
I’m generally curious for those that have watched him (i have not really)—- if he had a different name how much of the hype is lost?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I’m generally curious for those that have watched him (i have not really)—- if he had a different name how much of the hype is lost?
I’m sure the name doesn’t hurt, but this is a big receiver (6’ 4”) that seems to do everything well and with relative ease. He gets smooth releases, runs great routes, has a large catch radius with fantastic hands. He really knows how to stack CBs too when he gets an advantage.

He just put up a pretty damn impressive year. If he stacks another one, I think it stamps him as a legitimate top 5 pick in 2024. At that point, it wouldn’t matter if his name was David Terrell Jr.

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
He's legit. He's almost as good of a route runner as his dad, who was like 5'10, 185 and Jr is 6'3-6'4", 220. He has near flawless hands. He had 99 targets before his 1st drop last year.

My issues with him are that he doesn't seem to have elite speed and he doesn't really separate a ton. That being said, he was clocked at 23mph last year and he legit seems to have a completely different gear when the ball is actually in the air on the deep ball. As for the separation, he's a big WR so that's not abnormal, but he also doesn't need to be as open as he has a crazy catch radius.

Harrison Jr is honestly up there with AJ Green, Julio Jones, and Jamarr Chase as a WR prospect.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
No thanks!

From Barnwell’s article:

chi.png

9. Chicago Bears

Bears get: 1-5, 3-83
Seahawks get: 1-9, 2-53, 2024 third-round pick

We've already seen Chicago general manager Ryan Poles move out of the top spot and acquire star wide receiver DJ Moore and valuable draft capital, including Carolina's 2024 first-round pick. The Bears have four of the top 64 picks in this year's draft, so they have flexibility to move wherever they want.

What if Poles wants to move back up for the difference-maker his team desperately needs on the line of scrimmage? Remember what the Colts did in 2020 to help get the most out of Matt Eberflus' defense. They traded a first-round pickfor interior disrupter DeForest Buckner, who has 24.5 sacks in three seasons since the move from San Francisco.

Here, the Bears would move back up to add Jalen Carter, who could be a target for the Lions and Raiders before Chicago's current pick. Carter is not going to single-handedly turn Chicago into a great defense, but Poles will need to add that kind of talent somewhere along the way. Having Carter would be a much-needed building block, and the Bears would still hold on to picks Nos. 61 and 64.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Well, yea. One is a 3-4 OLB and the other would be a perfect fit in a tampa 2 hybrid.
I think that's a fallacy to say Anderson is a 3-4 OLB only. He was one of the best run stopping Edges in college. He could play 4-3 DE as well I think. Much like Khalil Mack could play either.