**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The Eagles were absolutely loaded at other positions though. Bears aren’t. Different situations. Continually trading your picks for OTHER teams players and then paying them is just like Pace always trading up…. Bad usage of resources. The proven way is to draft your own guys…. Keep the best ones…. And then when your close maybe you make that final trade. Bears ain’t close…
I agree they were loaded at other positions (namely the trenches), but they had the same questions at QB that the Bears have. They still added Reddick in free agency and Bradberry after he was cut. They had questionable skill players, as Hurts was their leading rusher, Miles Sanders hadn't shown he could stay healthy, and Jordan Howard was 3rd on the team in rushes. Their WRs were questionable at best, and they traded away Zach Ertz, a top 10 TE. Even on defense, they had probably a bottom 5 LB corps in 2021. They were middle of the pack scoring defense.

I do understand that the Bears aren't competing yet, of course, they clearly could in a weak division, in a weak conference, with the most money and highest draft picks. Like I said, they aren't trading a 2023 1st for Higgins. But they could have an extra 2024 pick. Is that really a bad use of resources?

Lets say they trade with the Colts. #1 pick for 4, 35, 2024 1st, 2024 3rd. Modest trade, nothing ridiculous, right? Even if you give up both of those Colts 2024 picks, sure they might be high if they are really bad, but you still got the 4th overall pick, a 2nd rounder and Tee Higgins for the #1 pick. That doesn't seem like a bad use of anything, to me.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Eh people worry about picks too much. The Claypool trade is a sunk cost. It should have no bearing on any othe decision.

The Niners blew first round picks on Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster. Thry traded a 2nd and spent 100m on JG. They then spent 3 first round picks to replace him and still ended up starting the last pick in the draft.

The point is no team gets it right 100% of the time. What matters is if Poles getd more right than wrong.
This 100% THIS!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agree they were loaded at other positions (namely the trenches), but they had the same questions at QB that the Bears have. They still added Reddick in free agency and Bradberry after he was cut. They had questionable skill players, as Hurts was their leading rusher, Miles Sanders hadn't shown he could stay healthy, and Jordan Howard was 3rd on the team in rushes. Their WRs were questionable at best, and they traded away Zach Ertz, a top 10 TE. Even on defense, they had probably a bottom 5 LB corps in 2021. They were middle of the pack scoring defense.

I do understand that the Bears aren't competing yet, of course, they clearly could in a weak division, in a weak conference, with the most money and highest draft picks. Like I said, they aren't trading a 2023 1st for Higgins. But they could have an extra 2024 pick. Is that really a bad use of resources?

Lets say they trade with the Colts. #1 pick for 4, 35, 2024 1st, 2024 3rd. Modest trade, nothing ridiculous, right? Even if you give up both of those Colts 2024 picks, sure they might be high if they are really bad, but you still got the 4th overall pick, a 2nd rounder and Tee Higgins for the #1 pick. That doesn't seem like a bad use of anything, to me.

Trading down would change the calculus a bit.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Trading down would change the calculus a bit.
Honestly, I'm assuming a trade down at this point. I probably shouldn't, but there's really no reason for the Bears to make the pick at #1. They didn't sit Fields Week 18 and IR half the team down the stretch to get the #1 pick for a specific player. Whether they get a king's ransom for the pick or not, they need to trade it and get multiple top 100 picks for 1 singular pick. With the Claypool trade and the 52 picks between their 2nd, it's less than a no-brainer.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Eh people worry about picks too much. The Claypool trade is a sunk cost. It should have no bearing on any othe decision.

The Niners blew first round picks on Solomon Thomas and Reuben Foster. Thry traded a 2nd and spent 100m on JG. They then spent 3 first round picks to replace him and still ended up starting the last pick in the draft.

The point is no team gets it right 100% of the time. What matters is if Poles getd more right than wrong.

So far it’s been more wrong than right.

(Not giving up on him…. But facts are facts)

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I'm assuming a trade down at this point. I probably shouldn't, but there's really no reason for the Bears to make the pick at #1. They didn't sit Fields Week 18 and IR half the team down the stretch to get the #1 pick for a specific player. Whether they get a king's ransom for the pick or not, they need to trade it and get multiple top 100 picks for 1 singular pick. With the Claypool trade and the 52 picks between their 2nd, it's less than a no-brainer.

Haha. Nope…. Not in the NFL. And definitely not with the Bears.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

Which he hasn't.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I do not think that trade is enough when there are teams hungry for a quarterback.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If the Bears could make a deal with Sea and turn the #1 into the #5, 20,and 37 and turn that into
#5 Carter/Anderson
#20 Tee Higgins
#37 Best OL on the board

I would be overjoyed.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If the Bears could make a deal with Sea and turn the #1 into the #5, 20,and 37 and turn that into
#5 Carter/Anderson
#20 Tee Higgins
#37 Best OL on the board

I would be overjoyed.
What you have done here is created a scenario where the Bears deal first overall just far back enough to make it uncertain that they'll get either of Jalen Carter or Will Anderson Jr., and the benefit of that is the right to dramatically overpay a receiver who may or may not just be what you already have in Darnell Mooney and take a second-rate offensive line prospect which probably won't work out. And you get nothing in terms of 2024 picks.

Not gonna lie that's basically nightmare mode.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So far it’s been more wrong than right.

(Not giving up on him…. But facts are facts)
Which he hasn't.
Not sure I would agree there as he has not really handed out any big contracts yet. His first draft was good and the Claypool trade is incomplete at best. Every other move really has zero long term impact at this point. This offseason is likely the first where he will make long term decisions on players.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not sure I would agree there as he has not really handed out any big contracts yet. His first draft was good and the Claypool trade is incomplete at best. Every other move really has zero long term impact at this point. This offseason is likely the first where he will make long term decisions on players.
I’m wondering how someone comes to any conclusion after one season in which he was determined to not compete.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At this point hoping we go 1 to 2. 2 to 4 and 4 to 7-15. Get at least 2 2024 picks pit of that and 3 2023 2nd rounders.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What you have done here is created a scenario where the Bears deal first overall just far back enough to make it uncertain that they'll get either of Jalen Carter or Will Anderson Jr., and the benefit of that is the right to dramatically overpay a receiver who may or may not just be what you already have in Darnell Mooney and take a second-rate offensive line prospect which probably won't work out. And you get nothing in terms of 2024 picks.

Not gonna lie that's basically nightmare mode.
Tee Higgins might be Darnell Mooney?

:what: