**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
What you have done here is created a scenario where the Bears deal first overall just far back enough to make it uncertain that they'll get either of Jalen Carter or Will Anderson Jr., and the benefit of that is the right to dramatically overpay a receiver who may or may not just be what you already have in Darnell Mooney and take a second-rate offensive line prospect which probably won't work out. And you get nothing in terms of 2024 picks.

Not gonna lie that's basically nightmare mode.
I mean, you literally gave the worst case scenario and called a 6'4" WR the same as Darnell Mooney.

Sometimes, the top edge rusher in the draft makes it to 5, like it did last year with Kayvon Thibodeaux. Sometimes the 2nd rate offensive line prospect in the mid 30s is Teven Jenkins, like it was in 2021.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I mean, you literally gave the worst case scenario and called a 6'4" WR the same as Darnell Mooney.

Sometimes, the top edge rusher in the draft makes it to 5, like it did last year with Kayvon Thibodeaux. Sometimes the 2nd rate offensive line prospect in the mid 30s is Teven Jenkins, like it was in 2021.
And everyone seems to be ignoring that Anderson is much more a 3-4 edge than a true DE, his skills may transcend position, but he isn't exactly what they covet in an ideal 4-3 end. I would not be shocked if the Bears took another player even if he is on the board at 4/5 and the Bears have traded down.

That hour or two on CCS would be savage.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I’m wondering how someone comes to any conclusion after one season in which he was determined to not compete.
Because if your goal is to just make win-later decisions in a league where almost everyone else is fighting for their jobs to win as many games as possible then it is an almost Herculean feat of badness to straight give away thirty-second overall for a guy who we're not even sure is rosterable at this point. He couldn't even tank right, he gave up his second highest pick for ***nothing***.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Tee Higgins might be Darnell Mooney?

:what:
Sure, its possible Tee Higgins gets even better without JaMarr Chase soaking up attention and the second best quarterback in the league throwing him the ball...but probably isn't likely. The Bears have got a serviceable number two receiver already, they shouldn't be gambling with a first round pick that a guy is going to transform from a very good number two to a very good number one.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

I'm taking Aidan Hutchinson over Kayvon Thibodeaux and I don't think that's very controversial.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sure, its possible Tee Higgins gets even better without JaMarr Chase soaking up attention and the second best quarterback in the league throwing him the ball...but probably isn't likely. The Bears have got a serviceable number two receiver already, they shouldn't be gambling with a first round pick that a guy is going to transform from a very good number two to a very good number one.
I mean, you're just a moron. As WR's go, he is 19th in the league in yardage and 25th in receptions. Chase has 13 more receptions and 17 more yards on the season. They are both #1 WR's.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I mean, you're just a moron. as WR's go, he is 19th in the league in yardage and 25th in receptions. Chase has 13 more receptions and 17 more yards on the season. They are both #1 WR's.
It's pretty much universally accepted that Bengals have TWO #1 wr. Chase is the better all around WR but Higgins has literally IR'd at least 3 DBs this season.

The thing about @Montucky is that he's not stupid, he just says stupid things CONSTANTLY because he's mad af all the time and wants people to h8 him as much as he hates himselve.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I mean, you're just a moron. as WR's go, he is 19th in the league in yardage and 25th in receptions. Chase has 13 more receptions and 17 more yards on the season. They are both #1 WR's.
Ja'Marr Chase is unquestionably the number one on that team. Sure, it could prove that Tee Higgins a number one is too but you're not going to know that until he has to fill that role. Its a big risk, and you're essentially burning first overall for the right to pay however many tens of millions of dollars a year it will cost to take that risk.

It's a bad bet. I know you're mad and angry about it, but its just a bad idea. Sorry.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m wondering how someone comes to any conclusion after one season in which he was determined to not compete.

It’s not hard. You look at what he did and see if it worked. It’s not a long term inditement or anything.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
another name that could be on the block is aiyuk, he'll be going into his 4th year and 49ers have to get bosa extended whos prob looking to reset the market and the 49ers are not flush with cap space

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Ja'Marr Chase is unquestionably the number one on that team. Sure, it could prove that Tee Higgins a number one is too but you're not going to know that until he has to fill that role. Its a big risk, and you're essentially burning first overall for the right to pay however many tens of millions of dollars a year it will cost to take that risk.

It's a bad bet. I know you're mad and angry about it, but its just a bad idea. Sorry.
Not sure if you are aware but tee Higgins played without chase as a rookie and also without burrow about half that year and still had good production. Before you make a stupid statement, he was outproducing his 2 years with chase before burrow got hurt.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The chances of them making three trades like that is probably 1 in 1000.

Of course but chances they traded up for Fields with a guy that never traded down before in Gettleman was slim as well.

Would need there to be 3 clearcut QBs head and shoulders above the rest so will have to see how this QB class shakes out.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Yes basically burning the #1, I mean, besides getting the #5, a proven top 20 WR, and another premium pick. That would be awful.

You can stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes, and go "la,la,la,la'" but that will not reverse the fact that Tee Higgins is a #1 WR, proven every season he has been in the NFL.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Not sure if you are aware but tee Higgins played without chase as a rookie and also without burrow about half that year and still had good production. Before you make a stupid statement, he was outproducing his 2 years with chase before burrow got hurt.
Don't bring facts and context into this.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
And everyone seems to be ignoring that Anderson is much more a 3-4 edge than a true DE, his skills may transcend position, but he isn't exactly what they covet in an ideal 4-3 end. I would not be shocked if the Bears took another player even if he is on the board at 4/5 and the Bears have traded down.

That hour or two on CCS would be savage.
He's about 243lbs. Khalil Mack was 251 at the combine. Robert Quinn is listed at 245. Haasan Reddick is about 235 and had like 17 sacks this year. If Anderson is good, he can play in any scheme. Also, if he can play the edge at Bama (they played a 3-4, but his hand was in the dirt a ton in nickel), he can play 4-3 DE in Chicago.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
And Darnell Mooney season before last had eighty-plus catches for over a thousand yards with Andy Dalton, Nick Foles and Justin Fields throwing him the ball. He's on the team now! You can sign him for less than Tee Higgins and it won't cost you twentieth overall to do so. It seems like a colossal no-brianer, but apparently we are doing this thing where we overvalue other team's second-best players and then get mad when they come to Wide Receiver Hell and suck like crazy.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure I would agree there as he has not really handed out any big contracts yet. His first draft was good and the Claypool trade is incomplete at best. Every other move really has zero long term impact at this point. This offseason is likely the first where he will make long term decisions on players.

It was average. (So far). Kyler really disappointed. If Braxton develops though it has potential to be great.

Free agency was a huge bust though

Claypool is incomplete