**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's pretty much universally accepted that Bengals have TWO #1 wr. Chase is the better all around WR but Higgins has literally IR'd at least 3 DBs this season.

The thing about @Montucky is that he's not stupid, he just says stupid things CONSTANTLY because he's mad af all the time and wants people to h8 him as much as he hates himselve.

This seems like a difference without a distinction. At some point if you continue to say stupid things then the logical conclusion is that you are simply stupid.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's about 243lbs. Khalil Mack was 251 at the combine. Robert Quinn is listed at 245. Haasan Reddick is about 235 and had like 17 sacks this year. If Anderson is good, he can play in any scheme. Also, if he can play the edge at Bama (they played a 3-4, but his hand was in the dirt a ton in nickel), he can play 4-3 DE in Chicago.

He’s said he played at 250 this year

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Of course but chances they traded up for Fields with a guy that never traded down before in Gettleman was slim as well.

Would need there to be 3 clearcut QBs head and shoulders above the rest so will have to see how this QB class shakes out.
Iirc the 49ers traded up without knowing who they even wanted. There were tons of talks between lance and Mac and who they would take, even though fields had the numbers and measurable to be the clear cut #2 choice he mysteriously fell.

Granted SF is in a completely unique situation being legitimately 1 piece away from an unbeatable juggernaut …. There were no clear cut top 3 at the time.

All it takes is for 1 team to become enamored with a player to make a trade.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It was average. (So far). Kyler really disappointed. If Braxton develops though it has potential to be great.

Free agency was a huge bust though

Claypool is incomplete
Kyler Gordon was absolutely fine when it was all said and done. And I think he flashed more than enough potential to think he can be extremely good.

He had a rough start to his NFL career. It happens, if you think he "really disappointed" then you just have massively unrealistic standards.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'm taking Aidan Hutchinson over Kayvon Thibodeaux and I don't think that's very controversial.
Same. But at this time last year, Thibodeaux was considered the near consensus #1 pick. That's what I meant. Maybe Myles Murphy takes over the #1 spot after the combine when he is the same size and same level athlete as Travon Walker.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Iirc the 49ers traded up without knowing who they even wanted. There were tons of talks between lance and Mac and who they would take, even though fields had the numbers and measurable to be the clear cut #2 choice he mysteriously fell.

Granted SF is in a completely unique situation being legitimately 1 piece away from an unbeatable juggernaut …. There were no clear cut top 3 at the time.

They wanted to pay their veterans and not pay first round picks for a couple years. It was a cost-saving move and they thought they were going to have their cake and eat it too in a quarterback draft people were lauding as one of the best ever.

They saved the money at least.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And everyone seems to be ignoring that Anderson is much more a 3-4 edge than a true DE, his skills may transcend position, but he isn't exactly what they covet in an ideal 4-3 end. I would not be shocked if the Bears took another player even if he is on the board at 4/5 and the Bears have traded down.

That hour or two on CCS would be savage.
Yeah I don’t buy the 3-4 thing. He’s fine in both

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was average. (So far). Kyler really disappointed. If Braxton develops though it has potential to be great.

Free agency was a huge bust though

Claypool is incomplete

Given the non-existent pass rush, Gordon was fine IMO. We likely got 6 starters from the draft ie Brisker, Gordon, Jones, Sanborn, Gill and VJJ (on Special Teams). That is a good draft IMO.

Free agency wasnt a huge bust as we didnt spend any big money on anyone. Who are we claiming failed that is a major issue for us long term? When I think of free agency being a bust it would if we signed guys to 4 or 5 year deals with a ton of guaranteed money. This year's free agency was more akin to buying a bunch of cheap lottery tickets. If we win then we got really lucky. If we dont then no biggie as the lotto odds are slim to begin with. There is no one we signed that anyone could reasonably say was a lock to be part of the long term future of the team.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Given the non-existent pass rush, Gordon was fine IMO. We likely got 6 starters from the draft ie Brisker, Gordon, Jones, Sanborn, Gill and VJJ (on Special Teams). That is a good draft IMO.

Free agency wasnt a huge bust as we didnt spend any big money on anyone. Who are we claiming failed that is a major issue for us long term? When I think of free agency being a bust it would if we signed guys to 4 or 5 year deals with a ton of guaranteed money. This year's free agency was more akin to buying a bunch of cheap lottery tickets. If we win then we got really lucky. If we dont then no biggie as the lotto odds are slim to begin with. There is no one we signed that anyone could reasonably say was a lock to be part of the long term future of the team.

Brisker was good with the same pass rush.

Jones we need to see if he develops or not. I think he will but I’m not crowning him a long term starter just yet.

VJJ and Gill. ? C’mon….

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's about 243lbs. Khalil Mack was 251 at the combine. Robert Quinn is listed at 245. Haasan Reddick is about 235 and had like 17 sacks this year. If Anderson is good, he can play in any scheme. Also, if he can play the edge at Bama (they played a 3-4, but his hand was in the dirt a ton in nickel), he can play 4-3 DE in Chicago.

That doesnt mean he isnt undersized. Mack started out in a 3-4 got up to about 260. Quinn has never been a great eun defender. Reddick plays SLB in base as their DL is Graham, Cox, Hargrave and Sweat. Eagled blitz a lot whereas Bears do not. Reddick then moves to DE on obvious passing downs which there are a lot of in Philly because they get ahead lot.

Not to say Anderson cannot play end in a 4-3 but it is not an ideal fit and so the question is whether you want to spend a top pick on someone that may not quite fit the D you run. Personally I would rather get more picks and pick a bigger rush end.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Word is that the debate was between Jones (Shanahan) and Lance (Lynch). Never heard that Fields was in their sights.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That doesnt mean he isnt undersized. Mack started out in a 3-4 got up to about 260. Quinn has never been a great eun defender. Reddick plays SLB in base as their DL is Graham, Cox, Hargrave and Sweat. Eagled blitz a lot whereas Bears do not. Reddick then moves to DE on obvious passing downs which there are a lot of in Philly because they get ahead lot.

Not to say Anderson cannot play end in a 4-3 but it is not an ideal fit and so the question is whether you want to spend a top pick on someone that may not quite fit the D you run. Personally I would rather get more picks and pick a bigger rush end.
I think he'd do fine but prefer Carter for this D.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Jones we need to see if he develops or not. I think he will but I’m not crowning him a long term starter just yet.

VJJ and Gill. ? C’mon….

Brisker is a safety that doesnt play as much man as Gordon. NB is incredibly hard to play with no pass rush as the WR can go in virtually any direction. Safeties usually have the sidelines or CBs playing certain leverages to make their jobs easier.

VJJ looks like a threat on KRs. If he can work on PRs and fleshing out a Patterson like roll then that has value.

Like what teams out there do you think hit on more picks?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I feel like I'm higher on the Bears 2022 draft class than most and even I can't squint hard enough to make me think that Velus Jones Jr. pick was anything other than a waste. But like you said, misses happen. It's nothing really to hold against Poles.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Brisker is a safety that doesnt play as much man as Gordon. NB is incredibly hard to play with no pass rush as the WR can go in virtually any direction. Safeties usually have the sidelines or CBs playing certain leverages to make their jobs easier.

VJJ looks like a threat on KRs. If he can work on PRs and fleshing out a Patterson like roll then that has value.

I don’t follow other teams enough to answer this.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Id actually say that Gordon had a better 2nd part of the season than brisker did.

Brisker had a few nice flashy plays but was overpursuing and taking terrible angles in the run game. Saw him be the direct reason a run went from maybe 5 yards to being a 15-20 yarder a few times.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

VJJ and Gill. ? C’mon….
You’re comparing a SS to a NB, which is incredibly more difficult. Bears draft class was ranked 8th by Football Outsiders who mentioned how difficult it is to have a class ranked that high with only 3 picks in the top 150.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You’re comparing a SS to a NB, which is incredibly more difficult. Bears draft class was ranked 8th by Football Outsiders who mentioned how difficult it is to have a class ranked that high with only 3 picks in the top 150.

I retract all prior statements!