**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
That doesnt mean he isnt undersized. Mack started out in a 3-4 got up to about 260. Quinn has never been a great eun defender. Reddick plays SLB in base as their DL is Graham, Cox, Hargrave and Sweat. Eagled blitz a lot whereas Bears do not. Reddick then moves to DE on obvious passing downs which there are a lot of in Philly because they get ahead lot.

Not to say Anderson cannot play end in a 4-3 but it is not an ideal fit and so the question is whether you want to spend a top pick on someone that may not quite fit the D you run. Personally I would rather get more picks and pick a bigger rush end.
All true. I'll give you that.

I tend to think he'll hold up against the run fine in the NFL (at least Quinn like, which never killed his teams) as he was a pretty strong run defender in the SEC.

And yeah, I've stated that I would trade back 100%. I'd take Anderson at like 4, if he's still there, but I'd have no problem taking a truer 4-3 DE and getting a bunch of other picks as well if he's not on the board.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Brisker was good with the same pass rush.

Jones we need to see if he develops or not. I think he will but I’m not crowning him a long term starter just yet.

VJJ and Gill. ? C’mon….
Brisker was a safety, completely different responsibilities to Gordon. Gordon seemed to do much better on the outside than in the slot, which Eberflus said is really difficult in his scheme.

And you don't have to crown Jones as a long-term starter, but I'm pretty sure Poles is. He basically said as much.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Brisker was a safety, completely different responsibilities to Gordon. Gordon seemed to do much better on the outside than in the slot, which Eberflus said is really difficult in his scheme.

And you don't have to crown Jones as a long-term starter, but I'm pretty sure Poles is. He basically said as much.

I heard him say lots of nice stuff and comments about working on bull rushes. Where did he crown him a long term starter? (Honestly curious)

Montucky

Liked Posts:
As long as the Bears stockpile a pick or two in the first two rounds next year and get some extra top-hundred selections for this draft I have no problems with Devon Witherspoon as your headline player from this class. Use free agency to find some interior rush and pass catchers then use the rest of the draft to build through the trenches and BPA.

See where you sit next year hopefully flush with four or five selections in the top fifty of next year's draft and make your moves then. Elite players will be available on the trade market next year (and the Bears will have the bullets to acquire them over anyone else) and you'll have a much clearer idea where you stand at quarterback.

I just don't see Will Anderson Jr. or Jalen Carter right now on the level of Nick Bosa or Myles Garrett. Measureables can change that, though.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I heard him say lots of nice stuff and comments about working on bull rushes. Where did he crown him a long term starter? (Honestly curious)
He likely didn’t, and even if he did…all that itd take to change that is a bad year next year from Jones. basically everything is fluid. Somehow many bears fans don’t seem to understand this(not you)

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He likely didn’t, and even if he did…all that itd take to change that is a bad year next year from Jones. basically everything is fluid. Somehow many bears fans don’t seem to understand this(not you)
All its going to take is Mike McGlinchey and Orlando Brown Jr. becoming free agents in a month and a half. That's how fluid the situation is.

You cannot tell me a team trying to find out what they have in Justin Fields, a hundred million in cap space, Larry Borom (???) as the incumbent starter at right tackle and so many holes elsewhere that the draft is basically BPA is not going to be signing one of those guys because they are sold on Braxton Jones. The Bears could easily afford both if they really want, though I'd be shocked if that happens.

I like Jones a lot, but it's silly to think the Bears are going to forgo improving the tackle position to accomodate him. If he improves enough to keep ascending then he'll earn his starting spot in camp. Nothing wrong with adding (lots) of competition this year.

mecha

Liked Posts:
All its going to take is Mike McGlinchey and Orlando Brown Jr. becoming free agents in a month and a half. That's how fluid the situation is.

You cannot tell me a team trying to find out what they have in Justin Fields, a hundred million in cap space, Larry Borom (???) as the incumbent starter at right tackle and so many holes elsewhere that the draft is basically BPA is not going to be signing one of those guys because they are sold on Braxton Jones. The Bears could easily afford both if they really want, though I'd be shocked if that happens.

I like Jones a lot, but it's silly to think the Bears are going to forgo improving the tackle position to accomodate him. If he improves enough to keep ascending then he'll earn his starting spot in camp. Nothing wrong with adding (lots) of competition this year.
hey Cabbage King. how's it hangin' bro?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You’re comparing a SS to a NB, which is incredibly more difficult. Bears draft class was ranked 8th by Football Outsiders who mentioned how difficult it is to have a class ranked that high with only 3 picks in the top 150.
To add onto this Gordon had the added task of learning/playing NB and outside. Crazy tall order for a rookie with a non existent pass rush.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I mean, the key word was "basically". Obviously, he didn't overtly say Jones is a long-term starter. But everything has said has alluded to him being given a shot to be a long-term starter. Of course, a bad season changes everything, but the fact that he even gets a shot to have a bad season means the team likely sees him as potentially a long-term starter.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Years of watching the Bears draft.

You think I had a spread sheet with all 32 teams or something?

No I think you really aren't in position to make that statement if you have no appreciation of other teams drafts.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
What is this tweet sayin exactly? It’s confusing with the quote.

Does he suck or is he good? Lol
I think it's saying someone with "inside information" doesn't think much of him which is like all the crap spread about JF when he came out.
What is this, I think they call it lying season for a reason. Hope it's the Bears so we can get him in 2nd.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

You don't add competition to positions that have competent performs when you have flat out black holes at other positions. What good is adding competition to Jones when you still need a LG, C, RT, WR, RB, entire front 4 on defense, at least 2 LBs and a CB?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
And he’s a head case. Don’t forget that.

Late career Big Ben? The one who was a shell of himself. I’m not sure which was worse.

Not even close. Toney is trash.

Sooooooooo many injuries. Let’s begin with the fact that his head, yeah, his head, oh boy….

They don’t have a shit ton of weapons this year. They haven’t used Skyy, they’re relying on a 7th rounder, and they’re making do with a shadow of the receiver talent they once had. It’s basically the Travis Kelsey show with occasional appearances.

Yup. I’m happy, too. Claypool’s a better physical prospect than any WR in this draft and has proven NFL production with shit QB play.

Yeah. We got a proven NFL WR who can play the X. He’ll have an off season to gel. That’s better upside than a rookie WR in this draft.

I can’t see it either. I haven’t like him since before he was drafted. He was overhyped trash then. He’s trash now.
I agree with all the Toney is trash comments, he's like a young AB headcase, no thanks.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You don't add competition to positions that have competent performs when you have flat out black holes at other positions. What good is adding competition to Jones when you still need a LG, C, RT, WR, RB, entire front 4 on defense, at least 2 LBs and a CB?
Left tackle is one of those positions you do prioritize. And its not like they can't take either of those guys and have them play right.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts: