**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
I like Jerry Jeudy. And while I spent all day arguing that trading for another WR isn't a waste of resources, that only applies to legit #1 difference makers. Basically, the guy they trade for has to be clearly better than Claypool.
I would be very interested in trading for Jeudy. Exactly the type of player you want to target in a trade. He's a young player with a ton of natural talent that started to put it together this year. More importantly, he can develop into a true #1 while being a near perfect compliment to Claypool and Mooney

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I would be very interested in trading for Jeudy. Exactly the type of player you want to target in a trade. He's a young player with a ton of natural talent that started to put it together this year. More importantly, he can develop into a true #1 while being a near perfect compliment to Claypool and Mooney
The more I think about it the more I like it. What poles would have accomplished is basically guarantee Fields 3 WRs who are at worst a #2, but who all have traits/measurables and still have #1 potential….as opposed to relying on a rookie(s) and hoping they dont bust. Fields would have 3 WRs who all have 1k yard potential next year and none have hit their peak/prime. Known commodities with upside

I wouldn’t want to give up more than Baltimore’s 2nd, but I’m liking the idea more and more. Draft picks are a complete unknown. Lot of people bitched that Poles didn’t give Fields any help, but if in year 2 he had Mooney/Claypool/Jeudy as his top 3 with an improved OL…..that’s tough to defend

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Problem is, you have to pay them all in a year. I figure they'll sign Mooney this year. Then basically it becomes a 1-year competition to see who gets the 2nd WR contract. You can't afford 3 WRs 15-20Mil/year (and like it or not, that's what all 3 would make, because that's what half decent WRs make).

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The more I think about it the more I like it. What poles would have accomplished is basically guarantee Fields 3 WRs who are at worst a #2, but who all have traits/measurables and still have #1 potential….as opposed to relying on a rookie(s) and hoping they dont bust. Fields would have 3 WRs who all have 1k yard potential next year and none have hit their peak/prime. Known commodities with upside

I wouldn’t want to give up more than Baltimore’s 2nd, but I’m liking the idea more and more. Draft picks are a complete unknown. Lot of people bitched that Poles didn’t give Fields any help, but if in year 2 he had Mooney/Claypool/Jeudy as his top 3 with an improved OL…..that’s tough to defend
Then you wouldn't get him.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The more I think about it the more I like it. What poles would have accomplished is basically guarantee Fields 3 WRs who are at worst a #2, but who all have traits/measurables and still have #1 potential….as opposed to relying on a rookie and hope he doesn’t bust. Fields would have 3 WRs who all have 1k yard potential next year and none have hit their peak/prime.

I understand its the NFL and crazy things can happen, but Chase Claypool is pretty much cooked. He had weeks as a healthy scatch last year on one of the worst wide receiver units in the league. You're better off hoping Equanemious St. Brown or Velus Jones Jr. break out than thinking Claypool is just hitting his prime on an ascent to NFL stardom.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Problem is, you have to pay them all in a year. I figure they'll sign Mooney this year. Then basically it becomes a 1-year competition to see who gets the 2nd WR contract. You can't afford 3 WRs 15-20Mil/year (and like it or not, that's what all 3 would make, because that's what half decent WRs make).
Combined, the 3 will make about $8.6M in 2023. Poles already said that he isn't giving Claypool an extension this year and will have to earn it. Mooney is coming off of an injury, and while I think the Bears would like to sign him, I think it will be a team-friendly deal that isn't in the $15 - $20M range. They will have the 5th-year option on Jeudy they can use for the 2024 season so there won't be an issue with positional spending until 2025. If it comes down to having to pay 3 receivers that kind of money it's because they had very good years in 2023. Which is a good thing. You can always trade one of them if it ever came to that. Whatever the case you need to do all you can to get a #1 receiver.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Combined, the 3 will make about $8.6M in 2023. Poles already said that he isn't giving Claypool an extension this year and will have to earn it. Mooney is coming off of an injury, and while I think the Bears would like to sign him, I think it will be a team-friendly deal that isn't in the $15 - $20M range. They will have the 5th-year option on Jeudy they can use for the 2024 season so there won't be an issue with positional spending until 2025. If it comes down to having to pay 3 receivers that kind of money it's because they had very good years in 2023. Which is a good thing. You can always trade one of them if it ever came to that. Whatever the case you need to do all you can to get a #1 receiver.
This is where I’m at

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I understand its the NFL and crazy things can happen, but Chase Claypool is pretty much cooked. He had weeks as a healthy scatch last year on one of the worst wide receiver units in the league. You're better off hoping Equanemious St. Brown or Velus Jones Jr. break out than thinking Claypool is just hitting his prime on an ascent to NFL stardom.
He was literally never a healthy scratch. You must be thinking N'Keal Harry

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Being a #2 is NFL stardom? He’s not remotely “cooked” lol

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Then you wouldn't get him.
Debatable. Don’t think he’d go for more than a 2nd. If the Bears trade down and pick up an extra/higher 2nd, that would be in play as well.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
My point was, the great combination you were talking about would only be a great combination for 1 year. Also, it takes 2 to tango. Why the hell would Darnell Mooney take 6-7Mil/year less than Christian Kirk? So, now you risk losing him and Claypool.

Oh and the 5th year option for a WR is about 18Mil. So, if you somehow get Mooney to bend over and take 12M/year, you're looking at 30M for him and Jeudy and then you probably lose Claypool (I know you can have a lower cap hit to start, but point still remains). Or you can sign Claypool after 2023 and risk losing Jeudy. Based on Claypool's comments that he's a top 5 WR in the game, he isn't signing for a team friendly deal you magically signed Mooney too, so now you risk losing Mooney because you're paying him less money than a dude with 1 year of performance (assuming 2023 is good) more than his 4 years with the team.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Mooney won’t sign for 12mil but coming off an injury and low production overall, I can see 15-17 mil per.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Debatable. Don’t think he’d go for more than a 2nd. If the Bears trade down and pick up an extra/higher 2nd, that would be in play as well.
Would you want Jeudy if Claypool came over and had like 3 100 yard games and put up 500 yards in half a season? The reason you want Jeudy is because you don't know if Claypool is good enough. If Claypool may not be good enough and he went for pick 32, what makes you think Jeudy is going to go for a late 2? You can say the Bears overpaid, but if not 32, he would have gone for the Packers 2, which is pick 46.....still above what you are willing to trade for Jeudy. If you trade down and trade a higher 2, then you are proving my point that the late 2nd isn't good enough.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Would you want Jeudy if Claypool came over and had like 3 100 yard games and put up 500 yards in half a season? The reason you want Jeudy is because you don't know if Claypool is good enough. If Claypool may not be good enough and he went for pick 32, what makes you think Jeudy is going to go for a late 2? You can say the Bears overpaid, but if not 32, he would have gone for the Packers 2, which is pick 46.....still above what you are willing to trade for Jeudy. If you trade down and trade a higher 2, then you are proving my point that the late 2nd isn't good enough.
I think you will need more than Baltimore 2nd to make it happen

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Pack were pretty desperate to give Rodgers more help and they were trying to make the playoffs. Likely raised his value. I don’t think Jeudy goes for a 1…he’ll likely go for a 2. The question is, how high of a 2 and how many teams would be willing to trade one before/during draft time? Likely playoff teams like the Bills who pick lower than the Bears.

My thought process is get the young known commodities with upside and figure the cap out later. All 3 of them would be tradeable if you can only keep 2. If Bears are trying to win a SB in the next 2 years it’s a move I make without worrying about it.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Pack were pretty desperate to give Rodgers more help and they were trying to make the playoffs. Likely raised his value. I don’t think Jeudy goes for a 1…he’ll likely go for a 2. The question is, how high of a 2 and how many teams would be willing to trade one before/during draft time? Likely playoff teams like the Bills who pick lower than the Bears.

My thought process is get the young known commodities with upside and figure the cap out later. All 3 of them would be tradeable if you can only keep 2. If Bears are trying to win a SB in the next 2 years it’s a move I make without worrying about it.
But they're not tradeable if they are free agents, and all 3 of them are if you don't pick up Jeudy's VERY expensive 5th year option before he ever plays a down for you. You'd have to trade midseason to actually get something for them, and that defeats the purpose of even getting Jeudy. Once you sign any of them, you can't trade them for a couple years, because of the dead cap.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
But they're not tradeable if they are free agents, and all 3 of them are if you don't pick up Jeudy's VERY expensive 5th year option before he ever plays a down for you. You'd have to trade midseason to actually get something for them, and that defeats the purpose of even getting Jeudy. Once you sign any of them, you can't trade them for a couple years, because of the dead cap.
Yes, mid season. Or possible a tag and trade but more likely a mid season trade. See Roquan Smith