**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Mooney won’t sign for 12mil but coming off an injury and low production overall, I can see 15-17 mil per.
Everyone had a heart attack when the Jaguars signed Christian Kirk to an $18M/year contract last year and he's been more productive than Mooney. Especially with the number of opportunities he's had. Remember, he had to play with Larry Fitzgerald, Deandre Hopkins, AJ Green, and Rondale Moore. It was hard to get targets with those guys on the field, but, like with Mooney, he always seemed to come up big. Had a great year in Jacksonville this year. I love Mooney, but I think he is a #2/3 and not #1/2. I think Curtis Samuel or Michael Gallop are good comps and both are in the $12M range. I think if he wants significantly more than that, he may play out the year without signing an extension.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yes, mid season. Or possible a tag and trade but more likely a mid season trade. See Roquan Smith
Trade deadline is after Week 8. So, you're telling me you think it's wise to trade a 2nd for another WR so you can have "3 proven commodities" to help Fields develop, but then trade 1 of them after a 1/2 season?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Fuck man…I was completely uninterested and gave you the hundo but now I’m thinking….

23 years old
972 yds
6 TDs
67% cth% (was very surprised by this)
14.5 Y/R

Those numbers are impressive and are right there with my main man Tee Higgins. I’d still take Tee all day but if you can get Jeudy for a late 2nd or 3rd? Has me at least blinking…..
His most impressive number is yards per target. Just under 10 this year and over 8 for his career, mostly with crap QBs.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Everyone had a heart attack when the Jaguars signed Christian Kirk to an $18M/year contract last year and he's been more productive than Mooney. Especially with the number of opportunities he's had. Remember, he had to play with Larry Fitzgerald, Deandre Hopkins, AJ Green, and Rondale Moore. It was hard to get targets with those guys on the field, but, like with Mooney, he always seemed to come up big. Had a great year in Jacksonville this year. I love Mooney, but I think he is a #2/3 and not #1/2. I think Curtis Samuel or Michael Gallop are good comps and both are in the $12M range. I think if he wants significantly more than that, he may play out the year without signing an extension.
Curtis Samuel's career year was 851 yards. His 4 years in Carolina he had fewer yards than Mooney has had in his 3 years in Chicago. Gallup is even less productive than Samuel, and signed his deal coming off an ACL tear. Mooney no question wants and deserves more than that.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
His most impressive number is yards per target. Just under 10 this year and over 8 for his career, mostly with crap QBs.
Jeudy also has a lot of dog in him. Love the way he attacks

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
But they're not tradeable if they are free agents, and all 3 of them are if you don't pick up Jeudy's VERY expensive 5th year option before he ever plays a down for you. You'd have to trade midseason to actually get something for them, and that defeats the purpose of even getting Jeudy. Once you sign any of them, you can't trade them for a couple years, because of the dead cap.
Jeudy's 5th-year option would be less than $15M which shouldn't have an impact on positional spending. I would anticipate that one of them gets signed before or during the season which will give you two tradeable contracts. I think you pick up the option, sign one, and franchise tag the other. If they're all deserving of a big contract, it's a good problem to have, and there is always a market for good, young receivers. Mooney (25) Claypool (24) Jeudy (23). It's not that complicated.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Trade deadline is after Week 8. So, you're telling me you think it's wise to trade a 2nd for another WR so you can have "3 proven commodities" to help Fields develop, but then trade 1 of them after a 1/2 season?
Why would they have to trade any of them after half a season? Say they signed Mooney this off-season

Don’t Jeudy and Claypool have options after next season?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
14 and call it a day. Cap always goes up and so do the contracts

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I understand its the NFL and crazy things can happen, but Chase Claypool is pretty much cooked. He had weeks as a healthy scatch last year on one of the worst wide receiver units in the league. You're better off hoping Equanemious St. Brown or Velus Jones Jr. break out than thinking Claypool is just hitting his prime on an ascent to NFL stardom.
No he didn’t

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My point was, the great combination you were talking about would only be a great combination for 1 year. Also, it takes 2 to tango. Why the hell would Darnell Mooney take 6-7Mil/year less than Christian Kirk? So, now you risk losing him and Claypool.

Oh and the 5th year option for a WR is about 18Mil. So, if you somehow get Mooney to bend over and take 12M/year, you're looking at 30M for him and Jeudy and then you probably lose Claypool (I know you can have a lower cap hit to start, but point still remains). Or you can sign Claypool after 2023 and risk losing Jeudy. Based on Claypool's comments that he's a top 5 WR in the game, he isn't signing for a team friendly deal you magically signed Mooney too, so now you risk losing Mooney because you're paying him less money than a dude with 1 year of performance (assuming 2023 is good) more than his 4 years with the team.

There’s a difference between getting paid on the open market and paid with a year on your contract (and coming off an injury)

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Curtis Samuel's career year was 851 yards. His 4 years in Carolina he had fewer yards than Mooney has had in his 3 years in Chicago. Gallup is even less productive than Samuel, and signed his deal coming off an ACL tear. Mooney no question wants and deserves more than that.
I agree that Mooney has had better statistical seasons than Samuel and Gallup. My point, which you can disagree with, is that I don't think there is much of a separation in talent between Samuel and Mooney. But if your basing it on production, Cortland Sutton had much better numbers, made a pro bowl, and signed a 4 year $60M contract extension. I don't think Mooney's value is in the $17 - $20M range. I think Poles made a statement with Roquan, that he's willing to do a deal on what he thinks the player is worth and not what the player thinks he's worth. I also say this, while hoping the Bears can find a way to do a long-term deal with him.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
No he didn’t
I was wrong. I guess he was injured those weeks.

He still sucked so bad even the Bears had to come out and make public excuses as to why. The idea that he's a number two receiver met its expiration date a long time ago. He's mediocre at best at this stage in his career.

Jerry Jeudy is a fun idea but I don't quite understand why Denver would want to trade him, especially for only a second round selection.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I agree that Mooney has had better statistical seasons than Samuel and Gallup. My point, which you can disagree with, is that I don't think there is much of a separation in talent between Samuel and Mooney. But if your basing it on production, Cortland Sutton had much better numbers, made a pro bowl, and signed a 4 year $60M contract extension. I don't think Mooney's value is in the $17 - $20M range. I think Poles made a statement with Roquan, that he's willing to do a deal on what he thinks the player is worth and not what the player thinks he's worth. I also say this, while hoping the Bears can find a way to do a long-term deal with him.
Suttons contract was before the wr market exploded.

If Poles refuses to sign players above where he values them, then he'll lose a lot of players to FA. Idc about roquan, but setting a line in the sand in negotiations is a good way to build a terrible team. I think he's smarter than that though.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point hoping we go 1 to 2. 2 to 4 and 4 to 7-15. Get at least 2 2024 picks pit of that and 3 2023 2nd rounders.

that's the dream right?

goddamn, the Bears FO have some work to do to prepare for all the possible scenarios

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
You know, it’s ok not to build a whole powerhouse team in 1 season. You can’t actually. WR can wait until next year you know. You don’t have to go out there and just trade trade trade to try to make it happen in one year. To be under the cap in the future, you will need your draft picks to pan out during their rookie seasons.

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Bears have to weigh getting a mulligan on the disastrous Chase Claypool fleecing and the quarterback insurance that a 2024 first round pick provides vs. the fact that Arizona at third overall is almost certainly going to take the pass rusher that the Bears covet.