**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
What has changed since the trade deadline and now, is that they are looking to replace their head coach. The speculation is they are the leading contender for Sean Payton and have been speaking with Sean since they fired Hackett. If they hire Payton they have to compensate the Saints with draft picks, which they don't have because of the Russell Wilson trade. There are a lot of holes on the Bronco's roster and they have very little cap space to work with.
They got a 1st for chubb.

Broncos roster really doesn't have a ton of holes. The oline could use an improvement, but they also dealt with injuries including to their best player (Bolles). Their most glaring holes were likely Russell Wilson (not replacing him) and coaching which would be greatly improved with payton.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
There’s a difference between getting paid on the open market and paid with a year on your contract (and coming off an injury)
Yes, and you don't give up money and lock into 4-5 years when you can wait a year and hit the open market after a fully healthy season and get more money.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
They got a 1st for chubb.

Broncos roster really doesn't have a ton of holes. The oline could use an improvement, but they also dealt with injuries including to their best player (Bolles). Their most glaring holes were likely Russell Wilson (not replacing him) and coaching which would be greatly improved with payton.
Well, I guess we can disagree on this. Their top 2 sack leaders, are Jones (6.5) an unrestricted free agent, and Chubb (5.5) whom they've already traded. They do have to improve their offensive line and their second-best lineman, Dalton Risner is also an unrestricted free agent. They have less than $10M in cap space and have over 20 unrestricted free agents that they have to replace.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes, and you don't give up money and lock into 4-5 years when you can wait a year and hit the open market after a fully healthy season and get more money.

I mean some guys do obviously. Personal choice.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just can't see Poles giving away much draft capital for another WR trade. They are going to live or die with Claypool next season. I do think they sign a seasoned vet or possibly give up a late pick for Hopkins. Aside from that they will probably add one in the draft.

There are too many holes on this team to put all of the eggs in the WR basket.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You can do pretty well but again it depends on how free agency plays...

You can get a true number 1 WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham Jr, MIchael Thomas, DJ Moore

Fix the RT position: Mike McGlinchney, Kaleb McGary

Get a real Center: Ethan Pocic, Bozeman, Bradbury, McGovern

Upgrade Tight End: Mike Gesicki, Dalton Schultz

Defense is suspect I don't know what difference makes you see, Javon Hargrave will probably stick with Eagles while they are competitive, Commanders refused to trade Daron Payne showing strong interest in bringing him back, Dalvin Tomlinson might hit free agency but he'll probably be the best DT to hit FA.
Lol. Michael Thomas and OBJ as #1’s. They haven’t been #1’s in a few years. Just exactly how will they get DJ Moore? Bradbury wasn’t exactly great for Minnesota as well.

Geisicki just got phased out in a very similar offense in Miami. Schultz can block unlike Geisicki.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Of NFL players re-signing before their contract is up? Seriously?
You're playing dumb now. You know what I'm asking. I said players don't sign early when they can make more money by waiting a year on the open market. And you said, "some do, personal preference". So, I'm asking for the some players that do sign for less than they would get on the market before their contract is up. Like who has taken a hometown discount.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Would you want Jeudy if Claypool came over and had like 3 100 yard games and put up 500 yards in half a season? The reason you want Jeudy is because you don't know if Claypool is good enough. If Claypool may not be good enough and he went for pick 32, what makes you think Jeudy is going to go for a late 2? You can say the Bears overpaid, but if not 32, he would have gone for the Packers 2, which is pick 46.....still above what you are willing to trade for Jeudy. If you trade down and trade a higher 2, then you are proving my point that the late 2nd isn't good enough.
Jeudy's a better WR than Claypool IMO.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You're playing dumb now. You know what I'm asking. I said players don't sign early when they can make more money by waiting a year on the open market. And you said, "some do, personal preference". So, I'm asking for the some players that do sign for less than they would get on the market before their contract is up. Like who has taken a hometown discount.

Tom Brady

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Jeudy's a better WR than Claypool IMO.
Statistically speaking, it's pretty close. Claypool has more catches and total yards (when you add in rush yards). He's better in the redzone. Per game wise, Jeudy is a little better in yardage as he's played fewer games. Both have dealt with QB issues, so neither has an advantage there. I think Jeudy is probably slightly better as well, but I don't think that difference is worth trading another high pick for. If I'm trading, I don't want another #2. I want a true stud. I want an AJ Brown, Tyreke Hill, or Stefon Diggs.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange