**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Statistically speaking, it's pretty close. Claypool has more catches and total yards (when you add in rush yards). He's better in the redzone. Per game wise, Jeudy is a little better in yardage as he's played fewer games. Both have dealt with QB issues, so neither has an advantage there. I think Jeudy is probably slightly better as well, but I don't think that difference is worth trading another high pick for. If I'm trading, I don't want another #2. I want a true stud. I want an AJ Brown, Tyreke Hill, or Stefon Diggs.
Yeah i'm not only going statistically but by what i have seen of them myself and i just think Jeudy is better but agree it's close. Also two different WR's in the way they play. I think Jeudy has better hands, runs better routes and has more speed on the field but Claypool has that strength to go up and get the ball or take it away from the defender.

First of all i don't even think Jeudy is on the trade block and don't think he was on it at this years trade deadline. I think that was all media throwing rumors out there that of course any fans of a team needing WR help badly ran with it like CCS did. They have Russ locked up for huge money and aren't going to take his talent away from him when they have to fix him.

Just draft a WR in the early rounds, which hopefully a nice trade down from 1 will help us do, or draft a couple in the mid to late rounds and run with it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The easy, clear outlier. I guess you proved your claim.
You asked for hometown discount.

My point was players get more bidders on the open market and usually get more money that way. (Basic business…. More interested parties equals higher price) But some players prefer to sign a deal now so they don’t have to worry about injury.

If Mooney signs at (pulls number out of ass for discussion purposes only) 10 million this year for 4 years as opposed to 15 million a year next year is he really taking a hometown discount? Or is he a guy taking the sure money now? I’d say he’s taking the sure money.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol. Michael Thomas and OBJ as #1’s. They haven’t been #1’s in a few years. Just exactly how will they get DJ Moore? Bradbury wasn’t exactly great for Minnesota as well.

Geisicki just got phased out in a very similar offense in Miami. Schultz can block unlike Geisicki.

They'd be the best WR's on the team and temporary solutions. I really don't want OBJ though please no.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

My point was players get more bidders on the open market and usually get more money that way. (Basic business…. More interested parties equals higher price) But some players prefer to sign a deal now so they don’t have to worry about injury.

If Mooney signs at (pulls number out of ass for discussion purposes only) 10 million this year for 4 years as opposed to 15 million a year next year is he really taking a hometown discount? Or is he a guy taking the sure money now? I’d say he’s taking the sure money.
You've argued a lot of points that aren't happening lately. Mooney signing for $10 million is just another.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol. Michael Thomas and OBJ as #1’s. They haven’t been #1’s in a few years. Just exactly how will they get DJ Moore? Bradbury wasn’t exactly great for Minnesota as well.

Geisicki just got phased out in a very similar offense in Miami. Schultz can block unlike Geisicki.

I think I’m out on Schultz after what I saw this year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

So, I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how things work. I do agree that more interest = higher price. But players don't think as if they are going to get injured or that the money won't be there next year.

Basically, the hometown team has to pay for that player to give up hitting the open market and having all those interested parties to compete with. Roquan just signed an extension with Baltimore. He has no loyalty there. He was there 2 months before they signed him. They had to pay him what he would have made on the open market.

Not saying Mooney wouldn't take a sure deal now, because I don't know the man, but he'd be very stupid if he did. You're example is a 20M difference over 4 years. He's not losing 20M because he's scared he's going to get hurt. A player literally died on the field and players still don't think that could happen to them. Players get hurt and paid all the time. Dak got his money, post major injury, and by not taking a shitty discount.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Hell, we just went through this with Allen Robinson. First of all, the Bears signed him to the highest WR FA contract coming off a torn ACL. Secondly, when it came time to re-sign, he didn't take the sure thing contract that he felt was less than market value. Because most players don't do that.