**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Only to the agent :)
But the cap hits would look something like $9M in 2023 and $13M in 2024, 2025, & 2026 and $25M in 2027. However, more than likely he will be cut or the contract would get renegotiated in the final year

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Then name them. Name the players who have valued security and relationships over money. I'm talking about players who clearly could have gotten more on the open market, but took a less than market value deal to stay with their team. Other than Tom Brady, who is literally unique in every situation, name just a couple players. I've named several from this organization alone who haven't valued security and relationships.

There have been reports over the years of playerd taking less to sign with a team.

This talks about AJ Bouye taking less to sign with Texans and noted Kenny Stills and Ted Ginn Jr also took less. There are always stories like this every offseason. People just dont notice or care ubless it affects their team.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
There have been reports over the years of playerd taking less to sign with a team.

This talks about AJ Bouye taking less to sign with Texans and noted Kenny Stills and Ted Ginn Jr also took less. There are always stories like this every offseason. People just dont notice or care ubless it affects their team.
I imagine state income taxes played a role in that. They could take less $$ but yet still net more $$ after taxes

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shouldn't the focus be giving Fields all the weapons we can so he can be a franchise QB once we do that they can fix the defense in 2024 when they make a superbowl ring.

I'm just thinking out my ass it'll strongly depends on how free agency ends up.

Why do you think the team can only do one thing at a time?

I mean, are you saying the bears should just bring in 17 WRs and OL and call it a day?

If this FO can only improve 1 unit per offseason, then might as well just say fuck everything and stop following football

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Did @jive get hired as a CCS writer?!

we got an article about Delta 10 cannabis shopping on the site now

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

That's taking less to go to a different team while on the open market, not less to stay on the same team. That's a different thing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I imagine state income taxes played a role in that. They could take less $$ but yet still net more $$ after taxes

Yeah but that is imagining. That was not his stated reason so yeah can assume anything to fit a given narrative.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah but that is imagining. That was not his stated reason so yeah can assume anything to fit a given narrative.
Lol I don’t think it takes much assuming to figure they like the idea of more $$.

I don’t have a dog in this fight, so no narrative that I’m trying to fit either.

Just plain common sense thinking

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's taking less to go to a different team while on the open market, not less to stay on the same team. That's a different thing.

They still took less money. Same concept.

Thomas took one in Denver and OBJ said he would have taken one to say with Rams. Again it happens. Depends on the player.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol I don’t think it takes much assuming to figure they like the idea of more $$.

I don’t have a dog in this fight, so no narrative that I’m trying to fit either.

Just plain common sense thinking

Except in this case he said the Bears offered more and he took less to be closer to home. So you are basically saying he is lying just to fit your narrative. Calling it common sense doesn't mean it isn't a narrative when again he told you why he took less. We don't know the difference in money for you to assume he some ends up making more in Houston due to taxes.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There seems to be quite a few articles and mocks with people talking about Tyree Wilson, but when I watch the highlights, he never seems to use any moves. He mostly just bull rushes or uses power. Anyone have any opinions on him or insight other than he has made some plays, has power not really speed, could be intriguing further down in the draft. I just don't see it, but might be missing

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Except in this case he said the Bears offered more and he took less to be closer to home. So you are basically saying he is lying just to fit your narrative. Calling it common sense doesn't mean it isn't a narrative when again he told you why he took less. We don't know the difference in money for you to assume he some ends up making more in Houston due to taxes.
No, see you clearly still haven’t understood what I stated.

I stated that the state income tax could make what was a larger bears offer actually smaller in actual $$ in the players bank account because the state they decided to play in has no state income tax and Illinois has a high one.

$10 million in Illinois is not the same as $10 million in Texas or Florida because they have NO state income taxes. so yes we do know that he likely ends up making more in Houston than he would in chicago

you do understand taxes, yes?

so if the bears offered more, it could still be less in actual realized pay

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, see you clearly still haven’t understood what I stated.

I stated that the state income tax could make what was a larger bears offer actually smaller in actual $$ in the players bank account because the state they decided to play in has no state income tax and Illinois has a high one.

$10 million in Illinois is not the same as $10 million in Texas or Florida because they have NO state income taxes. so yes we do know that he likely ends up making more in Houston than he would in chicago

you do understand taxes, yes?

so if the bears offered more, it could still be less in actual realized pay

I understood you quite clearly. I am saying you are creating a hypothetical when Bouye already stated why he accepted less. He did not say he accepted less because net of tax it was more. He said he accepted less because he wanted to be closer to home. So there is no reason for me to speculate when he already gave his reason for accepting less and I have no reason to think he lied.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I understood you quite clearly. I am saying you are creating a hypothetical when Bouye already stated why he accepted less. He did not say he accepted less because net of tax it was more. He said he accepted less because he wanted to be closer to home. So there is no reason for me to speculate when he already gave his reason for accepting less and I have no reason to think he lied.
Never said it was the #1 factor for him. I simply stated that it played a role. $$ played a role in his decision.

He can still give close to home as his number 1 reason and still have $$ play a factor

I’m assuming you didn’t read my initial post correctly or something and just went into full vortex defense mode

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There seems to be quite a few articles and mocks with people talking about Tyree Wilson, but when I watch the highlights, he never seems to use any moves. He mostly just bull rushes or uses power. Anyone have any opinions on him or insight other than he has made some plays, has power not really speed, could be intriguing further down in the draft. I just don't see it, but might be missing
I think he’s best as a 3-4 DE. Not an ideal fit for this defense

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Never said it was the #1 factor for him. I simply stated that it played a role. $$ played a role in his decision.

He can still give close to home as his number 1 reason and still have $$ play a factor

I’m assuming you didn’t read my initial post correctly or something and just went into full vortex defense mode
@dbldrew you gonna get in this vortex?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
They still took less money. Same concept.

Thomas took one in Denver and OBJ said he would have taken one to say with Rams. Again it happens. Depends on the player.
I'm sorry, I gotta argue this and then I'm done with this conversation.

But it's not the same concept at all. The conversation was players taking LESS money for security/injury purposes and NOT hitting the open market. Someone weighing different options on the open market and choosing less money for a better situation is not the same. They are still getting the luxury to choose between 2 knowns. You sign a player before he hits the market he's choosing the known (his team and contract on the table) over the unknown (different teams, different contracts).

And Demaryius Thomas said he would take a discount, that doesn't mean he did. When he signed his deal in 2015, he had the biggest WR contract in NFL history until Julio Jones got a quarter mil more per year (Dez Bryant tied Thomas as well).