**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
I hear what you're saying, and I think the defense and the offensive line will definitely be addressed through free agency and the draft. But he also has to address the WR position. They have 4 guys under contract Mooney, Claypool, St. Brown, and Jones Jr. In my opinion, which you can disagree with, the Bears need to continue to build around Justin Fields and that includes improving the offensive line and the talent around him. The only receiver he had any confidence in was Mooney, he missed 5 games but was only a pace to catch 59 passes for 698 yards the other primary receiver, Claypool was on a pace (Bears only) to catch 34 balls for 340 yards. We're not talking about Jamar Chase & Tee Higgins, DeVonta Smith & AJ Brown, or Tyreke Hill & Jaylen Waddle. I mean seriously, what are you worried about, and why are you worried about paying Claypool and Mooney when they haven't earned it yet? If the Bears were to pursue Jeudy (or anyone else for that matter) and they came away with 1 great receiver and 2 very good ones, that works.
I wouldn’t be disappointed if the Bears traded for a guy like Juedy, because having 3 young talented wide receivers is never a bad thing. I just don’t see Poles paying all three of them.

Ja’Maar Chase, Tee Higgins, Devonta Smith, & Jaylen Waddle are all on their rookie contracts. Tee Higgins is being shopped because they know they can’t pay both Higgins & Chase. You’ll hear about the others being on the trade block once their rookie contracts are at an end too.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t be disappointed if the Bears traded for a guy like Juedy, because having 3 young talented wide receivers is never a bad thing. I just don’t see Poles paying all three of them.

Ja’Maar Chase, Tee Higgins, Devonta Smith, & Jaylen Waddle are all on their rookie contracts. Tee Higgins is being shopped because they know they can’t pay both Higgins & Chase. You’ll hear about the others being on the trade block once their rookie contracts are at an end too.
Tee Higgins isn't being shopped

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

No legitimate source has ever said Higgins is being shopped. It’s only been fans assuming he is being shopped.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
I think you're sorta making my point. The Bears don't have Ja'Maar Chase, Tyrek Hill, or AJ Brown on their roster, and if they did, I wouldn't be advocating
I think you're sorta making my point. The Bears don't have Ja'Maar Chase, Tyrek Hill, or AJ Brown on their roster, and if they did, I wouldn't be advocating for them to add another one. I think the Bears need to explore every option for getting quality receivers around Fields or he will continue to struggle in the passing game. Miami saw that they needed to help Tua, Jacksonville saw that they needed to help Lawerence, Philadelphia saw that they needed to help Hurts, and so on.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
But you don't know that it played a role as it is entirely possible his offer from Chicago was still higher net of taxes. Again what is the point of speculating when he already told us why he signed for less?
I don’t know that money played any factor at all, got it!!!

:blank:

Last edited:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why do you think the team can only do one thing at a time?

I mean, are you saying the bears should just bring in 17 WRs and OL and call it a day?

If this FO can only improve 1 unit per offseason, then might as well just say fuck everything and stop following football

That's a wild over observation just saying the focus should be on the offense first. They can't fix everything in one off season but they can become a better football team on both sides.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
its doubtful higgins is traded, if anything higgins will get tagged at least once before being traded or let go. bengals have cap space to do whatever they want at this point and with guys like mixon, boyd going into the last year of their deals they are prime cut candidates to increase their cap further, a good chunk will goto burrow's extension but chase is under contract through 2025 assuming his option is picked up.

Moses Moreno

Ben Johnson plz
Liked Posts:
Man, if he Colts hire Saturday that 2024 1st round pick is absurdly valuable.

Kinda like the Eddy Curry trade with the Knicks.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
its doubtful higgins is traded, if anything higgins will get tagged at least once before being traded or let go. bengals have cap space to do whatever they want at this point and with guys like mixon, boyd going into the last year of their deals they are prime cut candidates to increase their cap further, a good chunk will goto burrow's extension but chase is under contract through 2025 assuming his option is picked up.
If I’m Cincy, pay very little to RB, TE, and other WR’s and keep both Higgins & Chase for as long as possible

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Man, if he Colts hire Saturday that 2024 1st round pick is absurdly valuable.

Kinda like the Eddy Curry trade with the Knicks.
Are you thee Moses Moreno?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Cincinnati had plenty of cap space and they are generally one of the most conservative organizations in both free agency (that changed a bit once they saw what they had in Burrow) and with their contract structures. They have $50m in cap space next year and could cut Tyler Boyd with almost no dead money or just let him walk with no dead cap after 23. They could also easily move on from Mixon at any time.

There's no objective reason to think they will be looking to trade Higgins at any time.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
How many teams are paying 2 wide receivers $20M+?
Would be at least a few years until they are actually paying both those guys $20m, and by then the cap will like be $40-50m more than it is now.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
How many teams are paying 2 wide receivers $20M+?
The better way to look at it is how much are teams on the position. The top 10 are Tampa Bay $64M, Arizona $62M, LA Rams $54.4M, Jacksonville $54.3M, Miami $49.5M, LA Chargers $44M, Denver $42.6M, Cleveland $40.7M, Seattle $37, Houston $35.5M. The Bears, by the way, are at $6.6M. The Bengals don't even have to think about paying Ja'Marr Chase until after the 2024 season at the earliest and can use the 5th year option in 2025 if they can't come to an agreement before then. I expect both Higgins and Burrow to get contract extensions this off-season.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Would be at least a few years until they are actually paying both those guys $20m, and by then the cap will like be $40-50m more than it is now.
The better way to look at it is how much are teams on the position. The top 10 are Tampa Bay $64M, Arizona $62M, LA Rams $54.4M, Jacksonville $54.3M, Miami $49.5M, LA Chargers $44M, Denver $42.6M, Cleveland $40.7M, Seattle $37, Houston $35.5M. The Bears, by the way, are at $6.6M. The Bengals don't even have to think about paying Ja'Marr Chase until after the 2024 season at the earliest and can use the 5th year option in 2025 if they can't come to an agreement before then. I expect both Higgins and Burrow to get contract extensions this off-season.
Mooney and Claypool are due for an extension next year. Combine that with a guy like Juedy and it’s simply too much money spent at WR - especially when the Bears are about to pay Kmet too.

Well… I guess it depends on what type of contract Mooney and Claypool demand, but I’ve seen some argue Mooney will get north of $15M/a year.