**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Fuck man…I was completely uninterested and gave you the hundo but now I’m thinking….

23 years old
972 yds
6 TDs
67% cth% (was very surprised by this)
14.5 Y/R

Those numbers are impressive and are right there with my main man Tee Higgins. I’d still take Tee all day but if you can get Jeudy for a late 2nd or 3rd? Has me at least blinking…..
He was already the subject trade talks at the deadline this year. It seemed pretty clear that a 1st rounder was the starting point for him at that time.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He was already the subject trade talks at the deadline this year. It seemed pretty clear that a 1st rounder was the starting point for him at that time.
Maybe…but they obviously didn’t get it. Think an early/mid 1st could get it done but who knows ?‍♂️

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Maybe…but they obviously didn’t get it. Think an early/mid 1st could get it done but who knows ?‍♂️
They didn’t get it bc they obviously don’t need to ship him out. There’s not much reason to.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
They didn’t get it bc they obviously don’t need to ship him out. There’s not much reason to.
That’s true too…other than they have an aging QB who not only has fallen off a cliff, but isn’t respected in the locker room, no HC, and a poor OL. They don’t HAVE to trade Jeudy, but there’s enough reason to explore it and try to get a cost controlled asset before paying him.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If Bears focused on helping Fields in the off season and ignored the defense would you be upset?

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Skoronski will be a good guard in the NFL.
A guard has to be a HOF Guard like Nelson to be top ten in draft. Otherwise give me a T, WR, DT, or DE for a Bears top ten pick. Premium positions of need for the Bears. Other positions can be had in late 1st and on down.

Look at Fred Warner who came out in 3rd round and look at Roquan smith as a top 10 pick. Who would you rather have?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
A guard has to be a HOF Guard like Nelson to be top ten in draft. Otherwise give me a T, WR, DT, or DE for a Bears top ten pick. Premium positions of need for the Bears. Other positions can be had in late 1st and on down.

Look at Fred Warner who came out in 3rd round and look at Roquan smith as a top 10 pick. Who would you rather have?

I want nothing to do with that Packers fan.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Uh yes

The DL is a disaster

Prob worst unit on the team

Shouldn't the focus be giving Fields all the weapons we can so he can be a franchise QB once we do that they can fix the defense in 2024 when they make a superbowl ring.

I'm just thinking out my ass it'll strongly depends on how free agency ends up.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Shouldn't the focus be giving Fields all the weapons we can so he can be a franchise QB once we do that they can fix the defense in 2024 when they make a superbowl ring.

I'm just thinking out my ass it'll strongly depends on how free agency ends up.
Not enough legitimate weapons available, though there will be some difference makers on defense you can straight up buy. You can not give Fields a 49ers offense in one offseason, but you could give him a Jaguars offense & defense in one offseason.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not enough legitimate weapons available, though there will be some difference makers on defense you can straight up buy. You can not give Fields a 49ers offense in one offseason, but you could give him a Jaguars offense & defense in one offseason.

You can do pretty well but again it depends on how free agency plays...

You can get a true number 1 WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham Jr, MIchael Thomas, DJ Moore

Fix the RT position: Mike McGlinchney, Kaleb McGary

Get a real Center: Ethan Pocic, Bozeman, Bradbury, McGovern

Upgrade Tight End: Mike Gesicki, Dalton Schultz

Defense is suspect I don't know what difference makes you see, Javon Hargrave will probably stick with Eagles while they are competitive, Commanders refused to trade Daron Payne showing strong interest in bringing him back, Dalvin Tomlinson might hit free agency but he'll probably be the best DT to hit FA.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
If Bears focused on helping Fields in the off season and ignored the defense would you be upset?
Of course not.

We need to get weapons around Fields. That’s the priority.

Getting some NFL caliber play in D is important, but we would have had at least 4 more wins if we had had WRs that could catch. Let’s get some.

I 100% want the focus to be on O this off season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I thought Nelson was overdrafted, LOL.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
What has changed since the trade deadline and now, is that they are looking to replace their head coach. The speculation is they are the leading contender for Sean Payton and have been speaking with Sean since they fired Hackett. If they hire Payton they have to compensate the Saints with draft picks, which they don't have because of the Russell Wilson trade. There are a lot of holes on the Bronco's roster and they have very little cap space to work with.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Everyone had a heart attack when the Jaguars signed Christian Kirk to an $18M/year contract last year and he's been more productive than Mooney. Especially with the number of opportunities he's had. Remember, he had to play with Larry Fitzgerald, Deandre Hopkins, AJ Green, and Rondale Moore. It was hard to get targets with those guys on the field, but, like with Mooney, he always seemed to come up big. Had a great year in Jacksonville this year. I love Mooney, but I think he is a #2/3 and not #1/2. I think Curtis Samuel or Michael Gallop are good comps and both are in the $12M range. I think if he wants significantly more than that, he may play out the year without signing an extension.
I'm Mooney's biggest fan and think he's a #2 that I'd like to see move to the slot on 3 or 4 WR sets.

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
You can do pretty well but again it depends on how free agency plays...

You can get a true number 1 WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham Jr, MIchael Thomas, DJ Moore

Fix the RT position: Mike McGlinchney, Kaleb McGary

Get a real Center: Ethan Pocic, Bozeman, Bradbury, McGovern

Upgrade Tight End: Mike Gesicki, Dalton Schultz

Defense is suspect I don't know what difference makes you see, Javon Hargrave will probably stick with Eagles while they are competitive, Commanders refused to trade Daron Payne showing strong interest in bringing him back, Dalvin Tomlinson might hit free agency but he'll probably be the best DT to hit FA.

this isn't much better than what the Jaguars did on offense. Your best WR option, Moore, who is currently less available than Payne/Hargrave, had a worse season than Christian Kirk. Still plenty of room for defensive additions.

Last edited: