**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You don't add competition to positions that have competent performs when you have flat out black holes at other positions. What good is adding competition to Jones when you still need a LG, C, RT, WR, RB, entire front 4 on defense, at least 2 LBs and a CB?
Of course you have competition. That’s the entire concept behind drafting best player available. And besides…. OL get moved around all the time. See Jenkins. If Jones gets beat he moves to swing tackle or RT or LG maybe.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

Anyone know why the Bears are listed at 92 million in cap space now? Thought it was over 100 million?

@remydat
I think it's just a mistake Bears have $114 MM roughly. I recently saw a Falcon typo saying they had $122 MM when it's really around $ 54 MM when I looked it up.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
They wanted to pay their veterans and not pay first round picks for a couple years. It was a cost-saving move and they thought they were going to have their cake and eat it too in a quarterback draft people were lauding as one of the best ever.

They saved the money at least.
Lmao who the fck was lauding lance as one of the best ever?? He went 3rd in the draft and there was literally 0 consensus the 9ers were going to choose him over mac Jones.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
And everyone seems to be ignoring that Anderson is much more a 3-4 edge than a true DE, his skills may transcend position, but he isn't exactly what they covet in an ideal 4-3 end. I would not be shocked if the Bears took another player even if he is on the board at 4/5 and the Bears have traded down.

That hour or two on CCS would be savage.
I'm starting to like Tyree Wilson a lot, he may turn out better than Anderson.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Of course you have competition. That’s the entire concept behind drafting best player available. And besides…. OL get moved around all the time. See Jenkins. If Jones gets beat he moves to swing tackle or RT or LG maybe.
Well that's really a completely different thing you're talking about. It's one thing to have competition, it's another to move Jones to a different position. If there's a scenario where Jones moves to LG, that means you didn't address the interior well enough because Jones shouldn't be able to beat out a guy that's a proven NFL or college guard. Jones is also extremely long and has a weak anchor, things that will work against him on the interior.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I like Jerry Jeudy. And while I spent all day arguing that trading for another WR isn't a waste of resources, that only applies to legit #1 difference makers. Basically, the guy they trade for has to be clearly better than Claypool.
Fuck man…I was completely uninterested and gave you the hundo but now I’m thinking….

23 years old
972 yds
6 TDs
67% cth% (was very surprised by this)
14.5 Y/R

Those numbers are impressive and are right there with my main man Tee Higgins. I’d still take Tee all day but if you can get Jeudy for a late 2nd or 3rd? Has me at least blinking…..

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

Montucky

Liked Posts:
So the QB’s got together in a round table setting, and they came away with the consensus decision that lance was a generational talent?

Like wtf are you even saying lmao
No.

2021 was considered one of the best collections of quarterback talent available in any single draft. All five of the quarterbacks selected in the first round were very hyped.