**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Call me dick ripping cunting troll boy or whatever posters with HITS tattoos on their knuckles say, but when i see that the Texans were willing to part with what is projected as a top 5 2024 1st for an edge rusher after they got their qb, i think that Poles should have been a little more patient in trying to get the Houston trade done before working on a 2nd one with CAR. These dickbags might really end up with Williams and Harrison next season.

CC: @Montucky

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Call me dick ripping cunting troll boy or whatever posters with HITS tattoos on their knuckles say, but when i see that the Texans were willing to part with what is projected as a top 5 2024 1st for an edge rusher after they got their qb, i think that Poles should have been a little more patient in trying to get the Houston trade done before working on a 2nd one with CAR. These dickbags might really end up with Williams and Harrison next season.

lmao the texans traded their own pick???? yikes

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Cardinals fleeced them.
Maybe im buying too much into the chris simms hype, but damn darnell wright literally erased will anderson. Will anderson should be good, but he is not a game wrecker ala khalil mack, or any elite pass rusher for that matter. That is going to be a top 5 pick

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I hear your frustration, but the Bears were talking to them about going one to two, not 12.

For all we know, they favored Stroud anyway or had the QB ratings close enough not to sell the farm for that one slot.

Poles is tight with the Carolina GM and I don’t think he was keen to drop any further than 9 as a landing spot. He only moved to 10 once he knew he could still grab his guy and pick up a 4th.

What do you think a two trade down move would have netted the Bears? They certainly receive less from Carolina because at 2, Carolina loses the ability to guarantee they get their guy.

It’s all interesting speculation, but Poles did receive a nice bounty of picks and a premium receiver that happens to be an awesome human and not some diva dick bag. He also stayed in position to draft his guy. I don’t believe Wright gets past the Titans at 11, so going to 12 would have had some sting associated with it.

Or, I’m completely full of shit and you should immediately rip your dick off.

Last edited:

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
All homerism aside, I genuinely liked what we did. But outside of the Darnell Wright pick, most of our selections seem to be slight reaches and/or project types. We did address our needs, though, so I love that.

We've learned that EberPoles clearly has a type. Elite athletes over production. What we're going to find out quickly is just how good Poles is at identifying talent and how good Eberflus is at coaching them up.

I'll tell you guys right now, with how we drafted it's pretty clear this team wants to run the hell out of the ball. I don't think that's indicative of Fields as a passer, but more of Eberflus' philosophy about ball control and mentally deflating the defense.

Our offensive line is built to maul and we added Foreman and Johnson, two running backs who are excellent at breaking tackles and gaining additional yards. Just don't expect any 50 attempt passing games from Fields anytime soon, regardless of how good he is at throwing it.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
All homerism aside, I genuinely liked what we did. But outside of the Darnell Wright pick, most of our selections seem to be slight reaches and/or project types. We did address our needs, though, so I love that.

We've learned that EberPoles clearly has a type. Elite athletes over production. What we're going to find out quickly is just how good Poles is at identifying talent and how good Eberflus is at coaching them up.

I'll tell you guys right now, with how we drafted it's pretty clear this team wants to run the hell out of the ball. I don't think that's indicative of Fields as a passer, but more of Eberflus' philosophy about ball control and mentally deflating the defense.

Our offensive line is built to maul and we added Foreman and Johnson, two running backs who are excellent at breaking tackles and gaining additional yards. Just don't expect any 50 attempt passing games from Fields anytime soon, regardless of how good he is at throwing it.

Also, they are looking for durability and character. Guys that are long, athletic, fast and have mental toughness. There are plenty of talented guys that quit if things aren’t exactly going their way. That can weigh on and erode a locker room quickly.

I think Dexter was a slight reach, but he did receive a second round projection from the NFL prior to deciding to enter the draft.

The 4th round guys were excellent value at those slots.

The same applies to both fifth rounders.

Stevenson was selected almost to the slot on Daniel Jeremiah’s top 150. Also, Jeremiah isn’t some dope like Kiper or McShay. He worked in the Ravens’ player personnel department.

The draft is always a crapshoot. I hope these guys work out and I’m optimistic.

I think they wanted Tippmann, an edge and a 3T with the day 2 picks but the board didn’t fall that way. Plus, I think their first choice at DT would have been Benton.

Going into round 4, once Stromberg and Scruggs came off the board before their pick at 4.1, they traded down to recoup the fifth rounder they moved for Stevenson. I think Poles found incredible value with Johnson and Scott in 4.

Last edited:

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
Also, they are looking for durability and character. Guys that are long, athletic, fast and have mental toughness. There are plenty of talented guys that quit if things aren’t exactly going their way. That can weigh on and erode a locker room quickly.

I think Dexter was a slight reach, but he did receive a second round projection from the NFL prior to deciding to enter the draft.

The 4th round guys were excellent value at those slots.

The same applies to both fifth rounders.

Stevenson was selected almost to the slot on Daniel Jeremiah’s top 150. Also, Jeremiah isn’t some dope like Kiper or McShay. He worked in the Ravens’ player personnel department.

The draft is always a crapshoot. I hope these guys work out and I’m optimistic.

I think they wanted Tippmann, an edge and a 3T with the day 2 picks but the board didn’t fall that way. Plus, I think their first choice at DT would have been Benton.

Going into round 4, once Stromberg and Scruggs came off the board before their pick at 4.1, they traded down to recoup the fifth rounder they moved for Stevenson. I think Poles found incredible value with Johnson and Scott in 4.
About Dexter, it's been mentioned by Poles that he was asked to match & mirror at Florida. He'll be one gapping in Chicago... much less thinking, a lot more reacting and just using your natural ability.

Good writeup, though.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe im buying too much into the chris simms hype, but damn darnell wright literally erased will anderson. Will anderson should be good, but he is not a game wrecker ala khalil mack, or any elite pass rusher for that matter. That is going to be a top 5 pick
Not unhappy with Wright but I wouldn't base anything on Simms' takes.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Poles showed he loves RAS, as many have mentioned, but also pedigree. All 4 guys taken on the first 2 days and Sewell were 5 star recruits or very close to it. Also interesting that in this supposedly zone oriented defense both CBs they took are press man guys. I think they see Smith as a S, but still.

I like the Wright pick a lot, he was totally dominant this year and much higher floor than anyone else on the board.

I wasn't a huge fan of the day 2 picks. Dexter actually has a pretty high floor, as should be able to be really good against the run at least. Long way to go as a pass rusher. Even as a one gap player, he is underdeveloped there with really no moves. Also not sure where the length narrative comes from: his arms are the same length as Skoronski's. I do expect him to be able to press the B gap effectively and push the pocket. As a disruptor, he will have an immediate effect.

Stevenson is boom bust imo, he's too unrefined at the moment and I think he will struggle early on, especially if asked to play much zone. Good attitude, though, and I think they see him as a tone setter.

Pickens was my least favorite of these choices, and I thought he was a classic underachiever who was too easy to move off his spot. He can splash, but this is a traits prospect. He's the kind of guy where a highlight reel can wow you but game film will leave you a little underwhelmed. Guessing his role this year will mostly be on obvious passing downs.

Rounds 4-5 were great. I didn't think Johnson would make it that far. He needs to work on his route running, but as a safety valve, pass blocker, and runner, he should contribute immediately. I'd expect him to be top guy in the stable by 24.

Tyler Scott, same type of pick. Everything I read about this guy had him as a guy who should have drafted a round earlier. On film he's extremely fast. The question remains if he can become a plus route runner, but his dual ability to separate and get deep in a hurry should make him useful quickly.

I am not a big fan of Sewell, because he is a straight line athlete and because there just isn't a need at LB. Maybe they are taking on him as some kind of poor man's Micah Parsons?

Love Terell Smith, a guy who was a bit quiet during the draft process but has been productive and athletic for several years. As I mentioned I wouldn't be surprised if they want to make him into Eddie Jackson's replacement.

I've never watched or even hear of the other guys.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They gave up a 2024 first to move up 9 spots. The isuse is them giving up a first to move up 1 spot which is most likely why they didnt pull the trigger.

In addition, they would know that if they did give up a first then they couldnt make a deal for Anderson. Bears would want either 12 or the 2024 1st both of which were needed to move from 12 to 3. So it was either Young or Stroud & Anderson or Bears accept less than a 1st round pick for them to get Young & Anderson.

Texans likely went thru all of this and decided Stroud & Anderson was best option for them and I agree. Under no circumstances would I ever trade a 1st to move up one spot and if the Bears were in the Texans spot and did that Bears fans would riot.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

I really like dj Moore I called this trade back in December I think. Anyway, I’ll let the season play out but tend to agree Poles is the anti-Pace. Seems to jump on trade down scenario’s , where you could argue the value gain is fleece-ish. At least he’s not giving picks away?

DJ is clutch af. I love the way he plays.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Poles showed he loves RAS, as many have mentioned, but also pedigree. All 4 guys taken on the first 2 days and Sewell were 5 star recruits or very close to it. Also interesting that in this supposedly zone oriented defense both CBs they took are press man guys. I think they see Smith as a S, but still.

I like the Wright pick a lot, he was totally dominant this year and much higher floor than anyone else on the board.

I wasn't a huge fan of the day 2 picks. Dexter actually has a pretty high floor, as should be able to be really good against the run at least. Long way to go as a pass rusher. Even as a one gap player, he is underdeveloped there with really no moves. Also not sure where the length narrative comes from: his arms are the same length as Skoronski's. I do expect him to be able to press the B gap effectively and push the pocket. As a disruptor, he will have an immediate effect.

Stevenson is boom bust imo, he's too unrefined at the moment and I think he will struggle early on, especially if asked to play much zone. Good attitude, though, and I think they see him as a tone setter.

Pickens was my least favorite of these choices, and I thought he was a classic underachiever who was too easy to move off his spot. He can splash, but this is a traits prospect. He's the kind of guy where a highlight reel can wow you but game film will leave you a little underwhelmed. Guessing his role this year will mostly be on obvious passing downs.

Rounds 4-5 were great. I didn't think Johnson would make it that far. He needs to work on his route running, but as a safety valve, pass blocker, and runner, he should contribute immediately. I'd expect him to be top guy in the stable by 24.

Tyler Scott, same type of pick. Everything I read about this guy had him as a guy who should have drafted a round earlier. On film he's extremely fast. The question remains if he can become a plus route runner, but his dual ability to separate and get deep in a hurry should make him useful quickly.

I am not a big fan of Sewell, because he is a straight line athlete and because there just isn't a need at LB. Maybe they are taking on him as some kind of poor man's Micah Parsons?

Love Terell Smith, a guy who was a bit quiet during the draft process but has been productive and athletic for several years. As I mentioned I wouldn't be surprised if they want to make him into Eddie Jackson's replacement.

I've never watched or even hear of the other guys.

I think in Cover 2 they will be pressing the outside WRs before sinking into their zone so having CBs comfortable pressing makes sense. They probably figure they can teach them the zone principles.

On Dexter he has length for an interior lineman just as Skoronski has more than enough length to play guard. They dont have good length if they were playing outside. He is also 6-6 so has the length to bat down passes from the interior so think context is different.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think in Cover 2 they will be pressing the outside WRs before sinking into their zone so having CBs comfortable pressing makes sense. They probably figure they can teach them the zone principles.

On Dexter he has length for an interior lineman just as Skoronski has more than enough length to play guard. They dont have good length if they were playing outside. He is also 6-6 so has the length to bat down passes from the interior so think context is different.
Arm length still matter on the interior, and 32.25 is pretty short. Buckner dominates with his length, a guy that many people are trying to comp Dexter to.

Stevenson in particular struggled quite a bit in zone. We'll see.