**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Carolina is definitely bottom 10 as far as weapons go going into the season. Bottom 5 like we were last year? Mayb? They've got a lot better O-line than we had though so that'll help them.
Saying the Bears were top 5 is pretty kind tbh. A bottom 3 offensive roster.

They also don't have a defense that was dead last in the NFL. If not for Fields' historic running ability, last year looks even worse than it was. Id be shocked if this years CAR team doesn't outproduce last years Bears offense.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Saying the Bears were top 5 is pretty kind tbh. A bottom 3 offensive roster.

They also don't have a defense that was dead last in the NFL. If not for Fields' historic running ability, last year looks even worse than it was. Id be shocked if this years CAR team doesn't outproduce last years Bears offense.
Oh yea i agree, i just don't think anyone should go out there thinking Carolina is good. In a good divison, they're a sub .500 team for sure, IMO.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oh yea i agree, i just don't think anyone should go out there thinking Carolina is good. In a good divison, they're a sub .500 team for sure, IMO.
Yeah but you cant really help what division you play in. While i don't love Young and would rather my team go for a 2024 QB, i like that they weren't just content to be in football hell hovering around 7-9 wins with zero answer at QB like the Lovie Smith Bears. I don't think CAR is good, i just don't think they're "Bears will get a top pick from CAR in 2024" bad.

Rooting for a Young injury btw

sue me

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Claypool had like 10 catches and came in midyear. So yeah I think chark probably outproduces that
A better corp + an OL that gives a QB time to throw > the garbage the Bears fielded last season
Id take Mooney over Thielen moving forward but last year as straight up players id call them a wash.
Id rather have Chark than Claypool because Chark provides something i want from a big target that Claypool does not - GUAGI.
Mingo feels like perfect fit for a QB like Young who will put the ball where it needs to be on time.
It was widely viewed that the Bears receiving core was atrocious last season. Even if the Panthers have a deeper receiver room, it’s still far from a solid group. Guys like Marshall and Shenault Jr. have all been underwhelming so far in the league, but both could make improvements.

I like DJ Chark, but he’s either out with an injury or questionable every single game, which is a shame because he showed flashes in Jacksonville.

My point being, the Panthers have an average at best supporting cast for rookie Bryce Young.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Yeah but you cant really help what division you play in. While i don't love Young and would rather my team go for a 2024 QB, i like that they weren't just content to be in football hell hovering around 7-9 wins with zero answer at QB like the Lovie Smith Bears. I don't think CAR is good, i just don't think they're "Bears will get a top pick from CAR in 2024" bad.

sue me
The NFC South is garbage. Sadly, this is the Bears only hope if the expectation is a top 10 pick.

Nelly

Liked Posts:

sue me
Agreed. I think they're 9-8 at best, hoping for something around 4-13.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The Pih
Call me dick ripping cunting troll boy or whatever posters with HITS tattoos on their knuckles say, but when i see that the Texans were willing to part with what is projected as a top 5 2024 1st for an edge rusher after they got their qb, i think that Poles should have been a little more patient in trying to get the Houston trade done before working on a 2nd one with CAR. These dickbags might really end up with Williams and Harrison next season.

CC: @Montucky
Plus the Bears could've mulliganed the Chase Claypool trade. Houston's pick next year is potential gold, it is not out of the question they'll be picking first overall. If this was really the offer the Bears should've dropped down to twelve.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Carolina is a good overall football team with a coach who does have a track record of regular season success. Bears fans are way too low on them, way, way, way too low. Obvious reasons for that, though...

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately, along with playing in the worst division, CAR also gets to play the AFC South and NFC North.

On paper one of the easiest schedules in the league.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
The Pih

Plus the Bears could've mulliganed the Chase Claypool trade. Houston's pick next year is potential gold, it is not out of the question they'll be picking first overall. If this was really the offer the Bears should've dropped down to twelve.
My money is on Indy picking 1st overall. Richardson isn't ready to start, not like Young and Stroud are.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
My money is on Indy picking 1st overall. Richardson isn't ready to start, not like Young and Stroud are.
I can't begin to guess who will be picking first overall, but I can tell you that it will take nothing short of a plane crash for Carolina's pick to be in the top ten.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It was widely viewed that the Bears receiving core was atrocious last season. Even if the Panthers have a deeper receiver room, it’s still far from a solid group. Guys like Marshall and Shenault Jr. have all been underwhelming so far in the league, but both could make improvements.

I like DJ Chark, but he’s either out with an injury or questionable every single game, which is a shame because he showed flashes in Jacksonville.

My point being, the Panthers have an average at best supporting cast for rookie Bryce Young.
Ok and their overall talent is better than the Bears last season, who as you know, finished dead last in the NFL and were projected to be a bottom 5 team pre-season.

I said that graphic was disingenuous(posted by a division rivals fan. SHOCKING!) because their OL is good and Chark is a player worth noting who will be even healthier this season and it became a "who has the smaller dick?" measuring contest between the '22 Bears and '23 Panthers and im not sure why.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Ok and their overall talent is better than the Bears last season, who as you know, finished dead last in the NFL and were projected to be a bottom 5 team pre-season.

I said that graphic was disingenuous(posted by a division rivals fan. SHOCKING!) because their OL is good and Chark is a player worth noting who will be even healthier this season and it became a "who has the smaller dick?" measuring contest between the '22 Bears and '23 Panthers and im not sure why.
Bryce is also ready to play.

It’s going to be hard for them to be a bottom 5 team just due to the defense alone.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bryce is also ready to play.

It’s going to be hard for them to be a bottom 5 team just due to the defense alone.
Yeah i just find it very unlikely, even if he does play poorly. Rooting for it to happen, obv.