**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Carolina is a good overall football team with a coach who does have a track record of regular season success. Bears fans are way too low on them, way, way, way too low. Obvious reasons for that, though...
Carolina won 7 games last year but 4 of them came within the division. I believe that both the Saints and Falcons got better this off-season and are ahead of the Panthers going into the season. I don't think they added much in free agency and the draft and rookie quarterbacks usually struggle in their first year. Vegas has to over/under at 7.5 wins so I like the Bears getting a top 15 pick from this trade

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
I can't begin to guess who will be picking first overall, but I can tell you that it will take nothing short of a plane crash for Carolina's pick to be in the top ten.

Bryce is a below average athlete with the smallest frame in the NFL, playing the hardest position in the NFL to adjust to. You think a plane crash is more likely than his little ass getting roughed up??

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Bryce is a below average athlete with the smallest frame in the NFL, playing the hardest position in the NFL to adjust to. You think a plane crash is more likely than his little ass getting roughed up??
I don't think he's got below average athleticism. I think he's kinda like Joe Burrow, not going to light the track on fire but fast enough on the field and very high level of awareness.

I think the tough thing for him is going be seeing the middle of the field from the pocket, and getting the ball out before the rush gets to him. I said the same thing about Kyler Murray, and he still hasn't figured out how to be consistent to the middle of the field from the pocket.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Generally I liked the Bears draft. The big problem was the failure to address the anemic pass rush They could have picked Tuli Tuipulotu, who led the nation in sacks with 13.5, at 53 instead of Gervon Dexter.. Am I missing something?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Generally I liked the Bears draft. The big problem was the failure to address the anemic pass rush They could have picked Tuli Tuipulotu, who led the nation in sacks with 13.5, at 53 instead of Gervon Dexter.. Am I missing something?
If stats mattered than much Tuli wouldn't have been the 12th EDGE taken. He's also not a 3T. Maybe he can reduce down in nickel packages but not base. Too light. Dexter was also a 2 gapper, not really asked to get upfield where Tuli was.

Tuli may turn out to be a better player, he is mroe ready to rush the passer day one, but they aren't a one to one comp.

monkforasia

Liked Posts:
Did i read the tweet incorrectl from earlier? Was Houston mulling over the 2nd and the 1st next year??

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I imagine additional pick swapping would be involved to make it work more favorably for the Texans but being that the Cardinals fleeced them, maybe not.
3 = 2200
105 = 84
Total 2284

12 = 1200
33 = 580
2024 1st = 440
2024 3rd = 58
Total = 2278

They didnt get fleeced. The value was almost spot on per the trade value chart. The fact the Cards threw in their 4th rounder makes it more obvious they were both likely following the trade value chart and the Cards threw in the 4th rounder to essentially equalize the trade.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They dont look really comparable at all. Dexter is far more athletic

Tuli played at 290 which is why people were projecting him as a 3 tech. He ten cut a fuck ton of weight and was 266 at the combine and did not run tests at the combine or his pro day at the new weight.

So think some teams were concerned about that and where exactly he fits. I am not convinced he is a Edge.

napo55

Liked Posts:
They dont look really comparable at all. Dexter is far more athletic

Tuli played at 290 which is why people were projecting him as a 3 tech. He ten cut a fuck ton of weight and was 266 at the combine and did not run tests at the combine or his pro day at the new weight.

So think some teams were concerned about that and where exactly he fits. I am not convinced he is a Edge.
Sometimes you have to take a swing, even if you miss, when the need is so great. Maybe Gervon Dexter can develop a pass rush with a new scheme, but why not take a player who has excelled at getting to the QB? Dexter would probably have been available later and run stoppers are easier to find.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
3 = 2200
105 = 84
Total 2284

12 = 1200
33 = 580
2024 1st = 440
2024 3rd = 58
Total = 2278

They didnt get fleeced. The value was almost spot on per the trade value chart. The fact the Cards threw in their 4th rounder makes it more obvious they were both likely following the trade value chart and the Cards threw in the 4th rounder to essentially equalize the trade.
Do those numbers take into account where a team is projected to finish or is this more zero nuanced numbers per usual

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Sometimes you have to take a swing, even if you miss, when the need is so great. Maybe Gervon Dexter can develop a pass rush with a new scheme, but why not take a player who has excelled at getting to the QB? Dexter would probably have been available later and run stoppers are easier to find.
This idea that its a bad thing that he put massive work in and lost thirty pounds of what was presumably mostly fat is completely stupid. Maybe there's another reason he slid, but being leaner and faster while putting himself in an any easy position to regain any strength he lost during his cut by the time training camp starts is not it.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Do those numbers take into account where a team is projected to finish or is this more zero nuanced numbers per usual
No they don't, but even if they did we'd just hear all sorts of clueless rationales for the Panthers finsihing with four wins that we are hearing right now. Had the Bears made this trade with the Chiefs people would be worshipping their Ryan Poles' altars saying how the Bears are just one Pat Mahomes injury away from a top five pick.

All the expectations and assumptions just get slid into whatever narrative makes Poles look best, even if this off-season is dramatically less productive than what these same people were mocking and predicting three months ago.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

It discounts future picks as middle of the following round. So the 2024 first would be valued at the 16th pick of 2nd round.

Whether you personally would value it more doesnt matter if that is not how NFL teams are valuing it.

But if I assume the future picks are valued as No 1 then that would be an extra 180 in value. That would still be less excess calue than the Bears got using the mid value approach.

1 = 3000

9 = 1350
61 = 292
2024 1st = 440
2025 2nd = 195
Moore = 1050
Total = 3327.

So that would be 180 excess value if I assume Texans finish with worse record compared to 327 of excess value to the Bears if I assume Panthers picks are pick 16.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It discounts future picks as middle of the following round. So the 2024 first would be valued at the 16th pick of 2nd round.

Whether you personally would value it more doesnt matter if that is not how NFL teams are valuing it.

But if I assume the future picks are valued as No 1 then that would be an extra 180 in value. That would still be less excess calue than the Bears got using the mid value approach.

1 = 3000

9 = 1350
61 = 292
2024 1st = 440
2025 2nd = 195
Moore = 1050
Total = 3327.

So that would be 180 excess value if I assume Texans finish with worse record compared to 327 of excess value to the Bears if I assume Panthers picks are pick 16.
We all understand how the chart works.

Is the Texans 1st next year = to eagles 1st?

Is the Texans 1st = Carolina 1st?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This idea that its a bad thing that he put massive work in and lost thirty pounds of what was presumably mostly fat is completely stupid. Maybe there's another reason he slid, but being leaner and faster while putting himself in an any easy position to regain any strength he lost during his cut by the time training camp starts is not it.

No it is a bad thing he cut all that weight and then didnt test at the new weight.

You are the same dude that said it was a red flag that Carter didnt do the tests at the combine. Tuli didnt do them at the combine or his pro day.

At least be consistent.