**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Whether you personally would value it more doesnt matter if that is not how NFL teams are valuing it.
If NFL teams really aren't valuing the Texans first round pick more than the Chiefs or Eagles first round pick next year then I missed my calling as an NFL executive because this shit is like stealing candy from a baby.

But I'm going to side with the fact that most NFL general managers probably do have a tiny shred of common sense. Most.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It discounts future picks as middle of the following round. So the 2024 first would be valued at the 16th pick of 2nd round.

Whether you personally would value it more doesnt matter if that is not how NFL teams are valuing it.

This is like Poles apologists acting like the GM shouldn’t have had any clue that his god awful team would finish near the bottom of the league when sending their 2nd rounder for Claypool.

Im calling bullshit on all of this. We all know why the Steelers chose to do business with the Bears and not the Packers. No, same year is not the same as next but the same factors play into the decision making.

Look at roster. Look at coach. Look at schedule. Team bad or team good?E1E73C37-9221-44FB-BB9A-599E52362E78.jpeg

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If NFL teams really aren't valuing the Texans first round pick more than the Chiefs or Eagles first round pick next year then I missed my calling as an NFL executive because this shit is like stealing candy from a baby.

But I'm going to side with the fact that most NFL general managers probably do have a tiny shred of common sense. Most.
The bullshit that people regurgitate around here lmao

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We all understand how the chart works.

Is the Texans 1st next year = to eagles 1st?

Is the Texans 1st = Carolina 1st?

Did you read. I re-did it assuming the Texans pick 1st and the Panthers pick 16 and the Bears still got more value.

Would you like me to just put the Panthers pick at whatever it needs to be so that you guys can say the Cards got more value as it seems people want to just play with the numbers to get their predetermined outcome.

I think it is fair to say the Texans pick is worth more than the Eagles. I do not think it is fair to say that about the Panthers pick as not enough distance between the 2 teams IMO and they are both relying on rookie QBs. If Stroud is better than Young then Texans can in fact be better.

I would also say the the Panthers division is better as Titans and Colts both may be relying on rookie QBs too. Saints, Falcons and Bucs could all conceivably be better than the Panthers. They all have better offenses than the Panthers currently while the Saints and Bucs had better defenses last year. Falcons also improved their D that gave up 22.7 PPG compared to 22 for the Panthers. So I cant really say the Panthers will clearly be better on D or O than any team in their division.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The comparison wasnt to the Chiefs or Eagles who are clearly better. It was Texans to Panthers. And I already redid it with Texans 1st pick and Panthers pick 16 and Bears still got more value.
This is like Poles apologists acting like the GM shouldn’t have had any clue that his god awful team would finish near the bottom of the league when sending their 2nd rounder for Claypool.

Im calling bullshit on all of this. We all know why the Steelers chose to do business with the Bears and not the Packers. No, same year is not the same as next but the same factors play into the decision making.

Look at roster. Look at coach. Look at schedule. Team bad or team good?View attachment 28945
Right your bias is showing. I already redid the numbers assuming Texans get first pick and Panthers 16 and Bears still got more excess value than Cards.

Do you just want to doctor the numbers to get your preferred outcome? Yes if the Texans pick first and the Panthers make the SB and get pick 31 or 32 then the Bears would have received less value than the Cards did.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Would still like a vet signing at DB. Tyrique isn’t going to come in light the World on fire especially with minimal improvement in pass rushing.
I think the DL beef and speed we added will be collapsing the pocket and help a bunch.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Poles tried to keep Roquan but he made it difficult for the Bears. He made the effort to try and keep him in Chicago long term. So what he said about Roquan was true
I was a Roquan fan but really like the 2 guys we just got with the 2 picks we got for him, Dexter & Sewell. I also like Tyler Scott that we
got for the Robert Quinn pick. Good job by Poles there.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I didn’t realize that Sewell was used like a chess piece at Oregon. He actually played 100 snaps covering the slot. He was used on the edge as well and considered to be a decent pass rusher.

When I watched Oregon, I focused on Nix, Forsyth, and their offense in general. I’m pretty intrigued now.

“As a prospect, Sewell has a lot to like. He has very good size and above-average overall athleticism for the position.

He aligns as the MIKE backer in the Oregon defense but is moved all across the formation seeing snaps at EDGE and in the slot in coverage. As a run defender, Sewell is an aggressive downhill player who thrives in the box.”

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
It’s interesting he mentioned Forsyth. I watched a few Oregon games and he seemed like the leader of that group. I liked his potential.

It’s my understanding that he actually called two audibles from center that resulted in touchdowns too.

Here’s the details on one of them from Forsyth.
Tough, smart guy…

I live in Oregon and watch every Duck game, he is the unquestioned leader on the team, stayed an extra year to be with his mates and try to win it, some injuries he played thru etc. but 1st class guy and good player. I'm still screaming that we got Noah Sewell, he's a Bears LB a real stud and future pro bowler.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I didn’t realize that Sewell was used like a chess piece at Oregon. He actually played 100 snaps covering the slot. He was used on the edge as well and considered to be a decent pass rusher.

When I watched Oregon, I focused on Nix, Forsyth, and their offense in general. I’m pretty intrigued now.

“As a prospect, Sewell has a lot to like. He has very good size and above-average overall athleticism for the position.

He aligns as the MIKE backer in the Oregon defense but is moved all across the formation seeing snaps at EDGE and in the slot in coverage. As a run defender, Sewell is an aggressive downhill player who thrives in the box.”
Great pick to put talent in the pipeline.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

@ruprecht thoughts?