**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From Peter King (and I could not agree more):

“All the draft graders with over-the-top praise for the Jalen Carter pick … please. I like where the Georgia defensive tackle was picked—ninth overall. He would have gone higher, obviously, if not for his involvement in a tragic car accident, and if not for the criticism over his practice and game effort. And I agree with Eagles GM Howie Roseman about so many players in the draft. They’re young. They’re not finished products. “When we got to know Jalen, we just felt like here’s a kid that does love football, and we felt like we have really good people in this building. We have a really good support staff,” Roseman said.

Pairing Carter and Jordan Davis in the middle of the Philly line will be a nightmare for offensive coordinators league-wide. If Carter works out. If being the operative word. Teams that need dominating defensive tackles—Seattle, Detroit, Las Vegas—passed on Carter for a reason. Roseman was in a strong position to take him, and good for the Eagles. But it’s hard to be ga-ga over the pick, because no rational person knows how this will work out.”

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Its not because you don't have the other factors. Not a difficult concept tbh.

Nope. Your claim at the time was he was the only top prospect not testing. So guess Tuli is not a top prospect so no biggie we passed on him.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nope. Your claim at the time was he was the only top prospect not testing. So guess Tuli is not a top prospect so no biggie we passed on him.
Ronaldo couldn’t even score on those moving goalposts of his

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Let Scrooge McPoles cook.
Why would this even make a difference to Poles? The only Bear-free agent that would qualify in the compensation pick qualifier is Montgomery, and the Bears signed multiple.

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mike Tanier had nice things to say about the Bears off-season. Bears fans might remember him from absolutely hating his guts last season when he didn't say nice things(and he was right).
1682955050432.png

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
SEA would have easily been the best if they had taken someone other than Charbonnet at 52, and waited on RB.

Thought Cleveland did great considering what they had.

I didn't think IND's draft was that great.
I mean Indy took a RB at #4

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
T.Stevens, G.Dexter and Z.Pickens answer questions from the Chicago media. Pickens happy as hell, love to see it from him.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Here's what the Football Outsiders guy said about the Panthers:

Carolina Panthers

Improved Roster: C+
Used Resources Well: C+
Met Needs: A
FINAL PPA: B-

Quarterback was the need. Bryce Young filled it. Trading up for Young weakened both the roster (DJ Moore is a huge loss) and the Panthers' spending power in the draft.

Jonathan Mingo joins DJ Chark and Adam Thielen in a too slow/too injured/too old receiver corps, which could hamper Young's early career development. Mingo would have fit better on a team that needed a hard-blocking trips-formation receiver and third-and-6 guy, not one that might need someone to soak up a dozen targets per game by October.

I like adding Chandler Zavala to Ickey Ekwonu, potentially creating an all-Wolfpack offensive line, and both DJ Johnson and Jammie Robinson are interesting defensive pieces, but the Panthers could have used some late-round picks to churn the depth chart.

Don't be surprised—or too concerned—if Bryce Young has a Trevor Lawrence rookie year.

I agree about Mingo, not a prospect I liked. Chances are that they will have WR injuries a bunch.