**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Nice set of post-draft comments & analysis, gentlemen…

One of the things that gets lost a bit with Poles and his draft record so far is the commitment to maximizing his number of picks. Eleven last year (magically morphed from six), ten this year, and eight already for the next two years. It‘s standard GM-speak to say “build through the draft”, but when the draft arrives, a lot of GMs feel compelling to move up to get their guy. By and large, Poles has avoided that, and been more inclined to move down than up. Obviously this is easier to do in a rebuild phase, so we’ll have see if he can hold to that 2-3 years down the road. But the draft has proven to be a very inexact science, and being committed to accumulating additional picks seems like the right long term strategy as well…
Agreed, and the important thing is to make the correct picks which I have confidence in him doing.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Generally I liked the Bears draft. The big problem was the failure to address the anemic pass rush They could have picked Tuli Tuipulotu, who led the nation in sacks with 13.5, at 53 instead of Gervon Dexter.. Am I missing something?
Yes, Dexter is going to be a beast, he will be used differently than college, he was strictly a run stuffer and the one game they let him rush he destroyed the other team, look at the tape.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Eberflus has been given a lot of good players to work with. By his own admission DE is not as critical in his system. The Bears need to demonstrably improve on defense. I know there were good reasons with the trades of roquan and quinn but last year was pathetic.
With the 3 picks we got for Roquan & Quinn we got Sewell, Dexter and Tyler Scott, I was a Roquan fan but I'll take that swap all day.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
:ROFLMAO:
Young is 5'10" 205. He definitely needs to be around 220-25 of muscle.

Tua is 217. Some dudes just carry their weight different. Young looks frail but maybe he will be adept at avoiding hits like Wilson or have a strong chin like Fields.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Jesus, this dude look tiny. I fear he may end up the Tua route and get thrown around like a rag doll.
The Tua route? Tua is 6' 1" and 215 lbs. His problem is that he's prone to getting concussions. I don't think be 2" taller and 10 pounds heavier is going to make his brain "stronger" lol

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
:ROFLMAO:
Young is 5'10" 205. He definitely needs to be around 220-25 of muscle.
He was 205 at the combine. Then didn't weigh at pro day because he'd probably done everything in his power to get to 205. He likely played closer to 190. He's tiny and that's his build. Bulking up to 220 could definitely effect his play negatively.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Bryce Young can always bulk up. R. Wilson is 215
He has a thin frame. Dont think it will help him much.

Packing on muscle is always a good thing regardless of frame. It helps ya absorb punishment better. And ya feel and are stronger. Put it this way....packing on 15-20lbs more muscle weight is better than him being at 194-204lbs