**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Sounds like the next John Randle!!!! (Fingers crossed)
God, I remember him, could not be blocked, let's hope he turns out like that.
I think folks are going to be surprised with all 3 of the DL we got, Dexter was higher ranked coming out than Carter
and both he and Pickens were used differently than Bears plan to use them. Bunch of hungry dogs.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
I didn’t realize that Sewell was used like a chess piece at Oregon. He actually played 100 snaps covering the slot. He was used on the edge as well and considered to be a decent pass rusher.

When I watched Oregon, I focused on Nix, Forsyth, and their offense in general. I’m pretty intrigued now.

“As a prospect, Sewell has a lot to like. He has very good size and above-average overall athleticism for the position.

He aligns as the MIKE backer in the Oregon defense but is moved all across the formation seeing snaps at EDGE and in the slot in coverage. As a run defender, Sewell is an aggressive downhill player who thrives in the box.”
Eberflus has been given a lot of good players to work with. By his own admission DE is not as critical in his system. The Bears need to demonstrably improve on defense. I know there were good reasons with the trades of roquan and quinn but last year was pathetic.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
No it is a bad thing he cut all that weight and then didnt test at the new weight.

You are the same dude that said it was a red flag that Carter didnt do the tests at the combine. Tuli didnt do them at the combine or his pro day.

At least be consistent.
It was a red flag combined with his clearly poor conditioning and rumors about his poor off-field.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was a red flag combined with his clearly poor conditioning and rumors about his poor off-field.

So it is also a red flag for Tuli. Cant have it both ways.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's not a good offense, and it feels like it's kind of Frankenstein'ed together. Terrace Marshall was their leading returning WR and they signed DJ Chark who kind of steps on his toes, skillset wise. They both are downfield, deep ball threats with similar body types and limited ability to do anything else but separate down the field. They also bring back Shi Smith, who was very promising out of the slot and are probably taking his reps away with Adam Thielen's corpse. And then they drafted Mingo, who skillset is eerily similar to Laviska Shenault. Now granted, Mingo does things better than Shenault (like run routes and actually catch the ball) and it's fine to have backups you can interchange on the field. But they don't really have anyone with a ton of versatility to move outside and in the slot, excpt maybe Mingo and he's probably not a guy that's going to do that year one. I feel like they are going to give the vets way too many reps to try to help out their rookie QB, and I think it has potential to hurt them long and short term.
If this ends up being how it plays out, all of this bodes well for our 2024 draft pick! Marvin Harrison Jr, here we come!!

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

“I GOT TO TELL YOU. HIS REALLY GOOD SNAPS, AND THERE ARE A LOT OF THEM, HE REMINDED ME OF CHRIS JONES. BUT THERE WERE OTHER SNAPS WHERE I THOUGHT THAT HE WAS LATE OFF THE SNAP, SLUGGISH AND LETHARGIC GETTING OUT OF HIS STANCE, WHICH OF COURSE AFFECTED HIS EXPLOSIVENESS AND BURST. THERE WERE TIMES WHERE I THOUGHT HE CAME OFF THE BALL HIGH, BUT AGAIN ANOTHER GUY…A GUY WHOSE REALLY GOOD SNAPS, I THOUGHT, ‘WOW, THIS GUY IS REALLY, REALLY GOOD.’ IF YOU PUT TOGETHER HIS 15 BEST SNAPS, YOU’D PROBABLY THINK THIS GUY’S A TOP 10 PICK. BUT HE DIDN’T PLAY THAT WAY ALL THE TIME. ANOTHER GUY I’M REALLY CURIOUS ABOUT BUT, LIKE I SAID, HIS REALLY GOOD SNAPS? HE MADE ME THINK OF CHRIS JONES.”

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I didn’t realize that Sewell was used like a chess piece at Oregon. He actually played 100 snaps covering the slot. He was used on the edge as well and considered to be a decent pass rusher.

When I watched Oregon, I focused on Nix, Forsyth, and their offense in general. I’m pretty intrigued now.

“As a prospect, Sewell has a lot to like. He has very good size and above-average overall athleticism for the position.

He aligns as the MIKE backer in the Oregon defense but is moved all across the formation seeing snaps at EDGE and in the slot in coverage. As a run defender, Sewell is an aggressive downhill player who thrives in the box.”
The type of LB I thought we needed, and why I was keying in on Trenton Simpson.