**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
LMAO. I love how the Jets are putting together the team that couldn't finish the job in the previous destination.

I understand wanting to maximize the short term window given Aaron's age but sure seems like they're adding a whole bunch of 'meh at best' guys.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because Aaron needs his binky...........

Seriously, these guys they are adding are like additional coaches on the field.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
They do have the flexibility to extend one of Sweat or Young and franchise the other, but Washington has been investing in the defense and ignoring the offense since Rivera got there. They let Brandon Scherff and Trent Williams leave via free agency after mismanaging their contracts for years. They're 22-27-1 under Rivera, and during that time they've had the 8th-best defense yet the 25th-ranked offense. They're the odds-on favorite to finish last in their division again this year, and they're going into the season with a 5th-round draft pick as their starting QB who has only thrown 19 passes in his career. They have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL (their best lineman is Charles Leno). Yet, they draft a cornerback in the 1st round, and a safety in the second, they did sandwich in a center and a guard in the 3rd and 4th rounds, but then they went right back to the defensive side of the ball adding an edge rusher and an LB. I can easily see this team struggling at the start of the season, and selling off pieces to get as many draft picks as possible. In my view, this team needs to tank and try to get one of the top QBs coming out next year or they're going to be in football hell for years.
Yes, too much emphasis on the D in an offensive league and division.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Waiting on the Jets to cut Lawson...I think the Bears are, too.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Along with the Alabama and OSU edge possibly going ahead of verse. All of this is meaningless a year out though. I think it's very possible neither verse or bowers is top 5 though
I saw a way too early 2024 draft the other day having 9 Buckeyes going in the first round.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Improved interior DL will help the edges quite a bit if there is no room for the QB to move up in the pocket. The issues last year were Robinson/Gipson/Etc did not fair well in the run game and did not have the bend off the edge to get to the QB if the pocket was not collapsed.
I think the inside rush is going to be good and really help the edge.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pretty wild. C, a non premium position and generally frowned upon in the 1st round, is by far the safest long term. Albeit, part of that is likely due to the cheap price of C contracts. Literally every other position is a crap shoot.

Probably the case that to get drafted in the first a C has to be pretty much a sure thing given the positional value or lack thereof.

I know of various weight & muscle gain supplements that could keep him around 220-225. I'm sure the Panther trainers know this as well. The focus is more muscle on his small frame
The point is it doesn't appear the play is for him to play at 220-225 as the article you linked said he wants to be around 200.