**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Claypool has two seasons where he had more yards than Samuel's best season. That's simply a fact.
So has Julio Jones and Antonio Brown, you want them on the Bears? I honestly think they could've done more than Chase Claypool did last year. The guy didn't even show up.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I live in DC, fans and media have not liked the Samuel signing and his production on the field does not warrant his contract. Dotson will be good and McLaurin is a star. Bears have a slight edge at WR, lots of variables with Mooney's injury and Claypool will have no excuses next season.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Not statistically. Both Mooney and Claypool have had better seasons than those guys.
So you really want to nitpick and can’t see a single reason why the other WR’s are possibly better to the point it could be argued??

I’m not saying they are definitively better, but it can be argued.

We all expect rookies to improve, including bears players, however Mooney is coming off of a very difficult injury, and Claypool statistically has declined and is coming off minor injury.

Dotson was a rookie last year, if we expect bears rookies to take the next step I think it’s fair to expect that of Dotson. Hell, mclaurin put up big numbers behind shit an play just like dj moore did. Samuel is a solid 3rd option. They also have dyami brown who could take the next step next year.

Jets have - Garrett Wilson who was binaries stud as a rookie, Allen Lazard who like it or not is solid and will be missed by the packers, Corey Davis, mecole hardman.

Yes, I’m very excited for what the bears did this off season at WR but I’d take both jets and Washington over the bears WR. The bears are out of the dumpster with the addition of dj moore but they are not yet in the top half of the nfl. Not unless you are generously projecting Claypool and Mooney to both exceed expectations.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Claypool has two seasons where he had more yards than Samuel's best season. That's simply a fact.
Also this is flat wrong. Curtis Sameul did at least break a thousand yards from scrimmage for a season, and that same year he had more touchdowns than Chase Claypool did in his second year.

You're saying that Claypool's year was better because of what? Like twenty receiving yards? Jesus christ the shit you say.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
BaBaBlacksheep about to go full radio silence instead of explaining how both Chase Claypool's rookie and second years were better than Curtis Samuel breaking a thousand yards from scrimmage and seven touchdowns.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Is it me or are the Vikings only that high because they have the top WR in the game?

I feel like 49ers should be higher. Chargers maybe a couple spots as well. Bills, Browns, Lions trio in a row there are probably similar to the Bears WRs, if not slightly better. I'd at least switch them 3 with the Steelers, Ravens and Saints with the injury issues with Beckham and Michael Thomas.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So you really want to nitpick and can’t see a single reason why the other WR’s are possibly better to the point it could be argued??

I’m not saying they are definitively better, but it can be argued.

We all expect rookies to improve, including bears players, however Mooney is coming off of a very difficult injury, and Claypool statistically has declined and is coming off minor injury.

Dotson was a rookie last year, if we expect bears rookies to take the next step I think it’s fair to expect that of Dotson. Hell, mclaurin put up big numbers behind shit an play just like dj moore did. Samuel is a solid 3rd option. They also have dyami brown who could take the next step next year.

Jets have - Garrett Wilson who was binaries stud as a rookie, Allen Lazard who like it or not is solid and will be missed by the packers, Corey Davis, mecole hardman.

Yes, I’m very excited for what the bears did this off season at WR but I’d take both jets and Washington over the bears WR. The bears are out of the dumpster with the addition of dj moore but they are not yet in the top half of the nfl. Not unless you are generously projecting Claypool and Mooney to both exceed expectations.

"Mooney and Claypool have definitely proven more than Lazard/Hardman or Dotson/Samuel"

Proven.... past tense. I get that rookies can improve.

Wilson was never mentioned by me.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The truth is that even if the Jets depth looks pretty mediocre Garrett Wilson clocking eleven hundred yards with Zach Wilson throwing him the ball and still winning Offensive Rookie of the Year makes it very difficult to rank the Jets lower than the Bears. Though as a unit I honestly would prefer Chicago's, I would trade them all for Wilson in a heartbeat.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
"Mooney and Claypool have definitely proven more than Lazard/Hardman or Dotson/Samuel"

Proven.... past tense. I get that rookies can improve.

Wilson was never mentioned by me.
Believe it or not they will consider the WR1 in ranking of the WR units.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
DomRob showed almost nothing last year. You’d think by the end of the year we’d see more flashes especially with how much he played.

That being said Gipson played really well to end the ‘21 season and was a total dud last year. So just goes to show that progress isn’t always linear and it did take Gipson a full year and half to show he belonged.

Hopefully, Dexter and Pickens combined with what should be a solid secondary can make the edge rushers’ jobs easier.
I'm aware but a guy that has little experience at DE and no offseason isn't going to do a whole lot, especially with QBs able to step up anytime they liked. And no, I'm not saying he's an answer to anything. I'm saying we don't know what the coaches do and it's too early to write him off. I mean, you mention Gipson and he had 0 sacks his rookie year and only 3 last year. Started 10 games while Robinson started 7.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
BaBaBlacksheep about to go full radio silence instead of explaining how both Chase Claypool's rookie and second years were better than Curtis Samuel breaking a thousand yards from scrimmage and seven touchdowns.

If you want a reply learn to tag someone. @Montucky @Montucky @Montucky

Yes, congrats, because Samuel got 200 yards running in 2020 I guess he's obviously better.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
No shit. But you're changing the parameters.
How am I changing the parameters? You made a factual statement that both Mooney and Claypool have had better years than the previous players although both were entirely different situations. I’m not arguing those facts.

If you want to argue that based on those seasons the bears should be rated higher then fine. I’m just saying there is an argument to be had for why those teams WR units are rated higher than the bears. I think taking into consideration the WR1 on the team is pretty important when looking into which room is better.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
@Montucky here is what I am talking about. This is what you should strive for as a troll. If anyone didn't know @dabears70, they would have a hard time knowing if he was a troll or just ignorant. Now we all know @dabears70 is quite ignorant, but otherwise this would be a very nice troll post.
Definitely triggered. DERP