**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think even with hindsight, the disappointment in the trade results should be tempered. It stinks that this team could have had Joey Porter Jr, but 2nd round picks result in #3 WRs all the time, and that is pretty much what the result of the trade is. Eventually, you have to get to the point where you are rooting for him because he is on your team and have hope for what he can achieve as a #3 WR.

To that end, 40 receptions for 500 yards is right around what Mecole Hardman and Demarcus Robinson gave the Chiefs in 2020. That is also right around what Alan Lazard brought in 3 out of 4 of his years as a starter.

do ppl really think that is Claypool's ceiling?

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
do ppl really think that is Claypool's ceiling?
What? Hell no. He could put up 800+ yards and 8+ TDs as an outside receiver. He has already done it. And if he puts that up, I would offer him a 2 year deal at market rates to see if he wants to stay in Chicago for a fair deal.

But his target volume as a #3 in an offense with a balanced attack... I think that is his target to hit, and everything more is going to determine if he is going to be resigned or not. Poles invested two solid picks in speedy receivers that are waiting for more opportunities.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Your history suggests to me that you actually never watched him and are completely basing this off a box score and/or fantasy football(which you most likely lost lul)
Of course he is. He is a huge believer that if your a fantasy football stud that automatically means your a stud on the field.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Of course he is. He is a huge believer that if your a fantasy football stud that automatically means your a stud on the field.

To be fair that feels like most fans these days. Fantasy football is both a blessing and a curse. It broadens the appeal of the game while dumbing it down at the same time.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Dotson was on track to outproduce anything Claypool has done in his rookie season last year but got hurt. He really looked good in a few games.
But he didn’t out produce him. Claypool also put up some pretty good stats his rookie year with Johnson and Smith having a lot of targets and receptions too. Dotson only had McLaurin and even he didn’t even see 100 targets.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
To be fair that feels like most fans these days. Fantasy football is both a blessing and a curse. It broadens the appeal of the game while dumbing it down at the same time.
Tonyan is the perfect example of this. Had one dominant fantasy football season. So that is equivalent to him being a future HOFer

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Chicago Bears: Tyson Bagent, QB, Shepherd​

The 6-3, 213-pound son of a 28-time world arm wrestling champion, Bagent threw for a ridiculous 17,034 yards on 1,400 career completions at Division II Shepherd. Bagent declined the Bailey Zappe route — the current Patriots QB jumped from Houston Baptist to Western Kentucky for his final college season — and turned down interest from Northwestern, Zappe’s former Western Kentucky squad and others. Instead, he stayed at Shepherd and broke the NCAA career TD pass mark across all divisions with 159.”

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Tonyan is the perfect example of this. Had one dominant fantasy football season. So that is equivalent to him being a future HOFer
Because that gets said every day....derp.

Show me just one post of anyone even hinting that Tonyan is a great TE let alone HOF material? I can save you time and tell you that that post isn't out there.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Because that gets said every day....derp.

Show me just one post of anyone even hinting that Tonyan is a great TE let alone HOF material? I can save you time and tell you that that post isn't out there.
According to you fantasy football translates to on field production. So the math derp.