**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The player selection is just classic out of town stupid from the national media. I do think the Bears could go Devon Witherspoon there, but since he's off the board it would certainly be one of the pass rushers. Or another trade down.

That trade is bonkers and is the kind of thing people read and get crazy expectations from.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ahhh so anytime a player says something it’s supposed to be 100% believed at face value now?!

jesus Christ, remy

not to mention again, both things can be true! His number 1 factor can still be location close to home while still having other factors in play. You seriously cannot be this dense

adios muchacho!

Well the point is what evidence do you have he is lying beyond it fits what you want to believe.

The topic was never if both things can be true. It was whether a player took less money to play for a team. So if location was his No 1 factor and he took less due to location then the rest of it is irrelevant to the convo that rawdawg and I were having.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's possible. I just don't see evidence that it's imminent. Cincinnati historically doesn't operate like that and the same people are in charge.

Oh would agree. Just pure speculation at this point as to what Cincy would do.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The player selection is just classic out of town stupid from the national media. I do think the Bears could go Devon Witherspoon there, but since he's off the board it would certainly be one of the pass rushers. Or another trade down.

That trade is bonkers and is the kind of thing people read and get crazy expectations from.
Wait so they take Trenton Simpson at 7? LOL. I actually am a big fan of Simpson and I think he screams Eberflus. He's a long, fast and versatile LB. He's a prototype Will in the Flus defense, who can also give you some pass rush snaps on the edge ala Micah Parsons (no, this is not a comparison). But no way in hell they can get rid of Roquan, basically laugh at the previous regime spending a high 1st on an off ball LB and then take Simpson at 7. If he somehow makes it to the 20s and the Bears have a pick there, I'd love the pick.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well the point is what evidence do you have he is lying beyond it fits what you want to believe.

The topic was never if both things can be true. It was whether a player took less money to play for a team. So if location was his No 1 factor and he took less due to location then the rest of it is irrelevant to the convo that rawdawg and I were having.
This isn’t difficult.

You yourself said the contracts were likely close

If they were likely close, then he likely came out ahead after taxes by taking the Houston deal over the Chicago deal even though the Chicago deal was a bigger money contract.

End of story!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This isn’t difficult.

You yourself said the contracts were likely close

If they were likely close, then he likely came out ahead after taxes by taking the Houston deal over the Chicago deal even though the Chicago deal was a bigger money contract.

End of story!

Yeah no. Illinois State Income tax is 4.95%. He signed a deal worth 67.5m. Only half his games are played in Illinois so that works out to a difference of about 1.7m. So close could be 1m, 2m, 3m, 4m, 5m in total value. Anything more than 2m and he would have made more coming to Chicago.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Wait so they take Trenton Simpson at 7? LOL. I actually am a big fan of Simpson and I think he screams Eberflus. He's a long, fast and versatile LB. He's a prototype Will in the Flus defense, who can also give you some pass rush snaps on the edge ala Micah Parsons (no, this is not a comparison). But no way in hell they can get rid of Roquan, basically laugh at the previous regime spending a high 1st on an off ball LB and then take Simpson at 7. If he somehow makes it to the 20s and the Bears have a pick there, I'd love the pick.
Totally agree, they are not taking an off the ball linebacker in the top 10

Montucky

Liked Posts:
He will be.

Chase and Burrow are both set for extensions as early as next season. They can't pay everybody
The whole point of the rookie contract is to have your cake and eat it too. You don't really get to exercise the privilege of Joe Burrow's rookie deal if you already start punishing yourself for a year early for his extension.

The Bengals can tag and trade Tee Higgins next off-season if his extension demands prove too rich. There is simply zero scenario where it makes sense for the Bengals to trade Higgins for draft picks unless the offer is recklessly generous to Cincinnati. I'm not saying he won't get dealt, but the Bengals are intent on winning a Super Bowl next season and aren't going to make that deal unless they feel it greatly favors them.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The whole point of the rookie contract is to have your cake and eat it too. You don't really get to exercise the privilege of Joe Burrow's rookie deal if you already start punishing yourself for a year early for his extension.

The Bengals can tag and trade Tee Higgins next off-season if his extension demands prove too rich. There is simply zero scenario where it makes sense for the Bengals to trade Higgins for draft picks unless the offer is recklessly generous to Cincinnati. I'm not saying he won't get dealt, but the Bengals are intent on winning a Super Bowl next season and aren't going to make that deal unless they feel it greatly favors them.

An extension usually means Burrow would still play out the years of his original contract. The only thing that would be added is SB money.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

i just dont see them putting that much into WR and have to prepare for that. Probably will draft a WR and his rookie contract to replace Tee

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
i just dont see them putting that much into WR and have to prepare for that. Probably will draft a WR and his rookie contract to replace Tee
Why would they not pay Higgins until chase and burrow money hits? That's still like 3 and 4 years out before their extension money would hit. No reason to mess with what has been working just because of future financial restrictions. They'll be able to trade Higgins when that time comes if they need to

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I hear what you're saying, and I think the defense and the offensive line will definitely be addressed through free agency and the draft. But he also has to address the WR position. They have 4 guys under contract Mooney, Claypool, St. Brown, and Jones Jr. In my opinion, which you can disagree with, the Bears need to continue to build around Justin Fields and that includes improving the offensive line and the talent around him. The only receiver he had any confidence in was Mooney, he missed 5 games but was only a pace to catch 59 passes for 698 yards the other primary receiver, Claypool was on a pace (Bears only) to catch 34 balls for 340 yards. We're not talking about Jamar Chase & Tee Higgins, DeVonta Smith & AJ Brown, or Tyreke Hill & Jaylen Waddle. I mean seriously, what are you worried about, and why are you worried about paying Claypool and Mooney when they haven't earned it yet? If the Bears were to pursue Jeudy (or anyone else for that matter) and they came away with 1 great receiver and 2 very good ones, that works.
I know Kmet is a TE but JF definitely goes to him and he can catch passes and he's under contract.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
Why would they not pay Higgins until chase and burrow money hits? That's still like 3 and 4 years out before their extension money would hit. No reason to mess with what has been working just because of future financial restrictions. They'll be able to trade Higgins when that time comes if they need to
There is no need for them to trade Higgins or anything else for at least 2 years