**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

From the article:

“But what might look like an old-school take on defense by the NFL standards could actually be quite innovative. The NFL is a very reactionary league, as evidenced by its recently heightened value of cornerbacks and edge rushers to counter high-flying passing attacks. Every so often though, a team breaks the mold by trying something different, and if it succeeds, the rest of the NFL follows suit.

Look at how this generation of quarterbacks with Jalen Hurts, Lamar Jackson, and Josh Allen differs from the previous generation with Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Ben Roethlisberger, for instance.
The Bears, with their defensive-minded head coach, Matt Eberflus, entering his second season at the helm, have started to stray from the pack by building up their defensive front this offseason. With a new set of talent in the front seven, Chicago should be able to defend the run much better than they did in 2022. The Bears also will be able to generate some extra pressure up the middle against the pass with young guys like Dexter and Pickens.

Meanwhile, the team might ask Sewell to be a jack-of-all-trades at linebacker by letting him get after the passer on third downs in addition to his run-stopping duties on early downs.
By focusing their efforts on building up the front seven, the Bears have taken a notably unique approach to their offseason. Now, it’s up to those new players and Eberflus to make it all work and push Chicago out of their rebuild.”

Building up the front 7 is a “notably unique” approach? For the worst defense in the league?

And I guess they missed the two CB’s the Bears drafted. ?‍♂️

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Building up the front 7 is a “notably unique” approach? For the worst defense in the league?

And I guess they missed the two CB’s the Bears drafted. ?‍♂️
I didn’t quote the whole article. They mention drafting two CBs

Last edited: