**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Literally the last time the #1 pick was traded, it was traded to the team with the 15th pick.

Player picked at No. 1: QB Jared Goff

Titans received: 2016 first-round pick (No. 15; subsequently traded, WR Corey Coleman), 2016 second-round pick (No. 43, DT Austin Johnson), 2016 second-round pick (No. 45, RB Derrick Henry), 2016 third-round pick (No. 76; subsequently traded, OT Shon Coleman), 2017 first-round pick (No. 5, WR Corey Davis) and 2017 third-round pick (No. 100, TE Jonnu Smith)

Rams received: 2016 No. 1 pick (Goff), 2016 fourth-round pick (No. 113; subsequently traded, LB Nick Kwiatkoski) and 2016 sixth-round pick (No. 177, TE Temarrick Hemingway)
Imagine how mad @Montucky would've been about this haul

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Nelly

Liked Posts:
So, how soon will Ro be the starting RB for the Bears?
"Starting RB" doesn't really mean anything anymore. From a fantasy standpoint it really sucks, but from a real football standpoint, it's good shit.

I would bet that Roshon's ability to block and catch, not to mention his leadership, will earn him more snaps rather than less as things go along. He wouldn't be the first guy to become a very good running back in the league after being drafted in the 4th or after so we'll see how things go.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Literally the last time the #1 pick was traded, it was traded to the team with the 15th pick.

Player picked at No. 1: QB Jared Goff

Titans received: 2016 first-round pick (No. 15; subsequently traded, WR Corey Coleman), 2016 second-round pick (No. 43, DT Austin Johnson), 2016 second-round pick (No. 45, RB Derrick Henry), 2016 third-round pick (No. 76; subsequently traded, OT Shon Coleman), 2017 first-round pick (No. 5, WR Corey Davis) and 2017 third-round pick (No. 100, TE Jonnu Smith)

Rams received: 2016 No. 1 pick (Goff), 2016 fourth-round pick (No. 113; subsequently traded, LB Nick Kwiatkoski) and 2016 sixth-round pick (No. 177, TE Temarrick Hemingway)
So if 2016 4th and 2017 3rd cancel.

Titans got the 15th, 2 seconds, a third and the 2017 1st while also giving up a 6th

Bears got DJ Moore, the 9th ( 10th and a 2024 4th) , a second, 2024 1st and a 2025 2nd.

Better return and 6 few spots given up. Poles did some work.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Panthers would have had to give up a shitton more in that case.

Not sure the jump from 1 to 15 woulda been possible.
Nor the Bear wanting to move that far.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

“4) NFC North​

The top two quarterbacks in this division -- Goff and Cousins -- don't get the credit they deserve. Last season, Goff was the second-best QB in the entire NFC, behind only Jalen Hurts. During the Lions' 8-2 finish, the Pro Bowler posted a 17:1 TD-to-INT ratio. No, he's not a truly elite quarterback, but he's a fine fit on this rising Lions squad.

Cousins is similar in that he's not elite but quite good. The man routinely puts up numbers, and this past season, he guided Minnesota to a 13-4 record by leading the league in fourth-quarter comebacks and game-winning drives (eight apiece). Does he cower under the prime-time spotlight? He does. But he's a longtime staple in the 8-16 range of starting quarterbacks, which is nothing to scoff at.

Fields is the most fascinating figure in this quartet, and not just because he took the league by storm last season with 1,143 yards on the ground, including a whopping 10 gains of 20-plus yards. In addition to his dynamic legs, Fields boasts a big arm and solid frame. Chicago upgraded his protection in free agency (OG Nate Davis) and the draft (OT Darnell Wright) while also nabbing him a No. 1 wide receiver via trade (D.J. Moore). It's Year 3. It's go time. And I'm a huge believer.

Love is the most questionable figure in this group, and not just because he's started one game and attempted a grand total of 83 regular-season passes. By spreading Love's money out with a one-year extension -- as opposed to picking up his $20.272 million fifth-year option -- the Packers essentially admitted that they don't know what to expect from the 24-year-old signal-caller. I have my doubts.”

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
First off, I'm going with RoJo. Yea, call that mf Red, like the Shawshank!

Y’all better roll that R like fresh pasta under your abuela’s wooden rolling pin.

But yeah, Ithink he wins primary ball carrier before the end of training camp. He has underrated hands, has power, and can block, each a skill the other three backs lacks at least one or more of. *cawwwffff* Herbert *cawf* *cough*
Not that I disagree he is a stud and can catch and protect really well but Herbert is no pansy. Just read he lead the league in yards per carry and most yards gained above expected by a wide margin. Hopefully they can both succeed.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The post-draft praise by the Bears staff for Roschon is fairly unprecedented from what I can recall. They're essentially saying his talent is top tier and his character is unparalleled. They're basically penciling in a 4th round pick as a future captain on this team. I can't remember anything like this from previous drafts. I'm very excited to see how he develops.
Agreed, never heard this about a guy before. Bears may have 3 mid round studs with RoJo, Tyler and Sewell.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

“4) NFC North​

The top two quarterbacks in this division -- Goff and Cousins -- don't get the credit they deserve. Last season, Goff was the second-best QB in the entire NFC, behind only Jalen Hurts. During the Lions' 8-2 finish, the Pro Bowler posted a 17:1 TD-to-INT ratio. No, he's not a truly elite quarterback, but he's a fine fit on this rising Lions squad.

Cousins is similar in that he's not elite but quite good. The man routinely puts up numbers, and this past season, he guided Minnesota to a 13-4 record by leading the league in fourth-quarter comebacks and game-winning drives (eight apiece). Does he cower under the prime-time spotlight? He does. But he's a longtime staple in the 8-16 range of starting quarterbacks, which is nothing to scoff at.

Fields is the most fascinating figure in this quartet, and not just because he took the league by storm last season with 1,143 yards on the ground, including a whopping 10 gains of 20-plus yards. In addition to his dynamic legs, Fields boasts a big arm and solid frame. Chicago upgraded his protection in free agency (OG Nate Davis) and the draft (OT Darnell Wright) while also nabbing him a No. 1 wide receiver via trade (D.J. Moore). It's Year 3. It's go time. And I'm a huge believer.

Love is the most questionable figure in this group, and not just because he's started one game and attempted a grand total of 83 regular-season passes. By spreading Love's money out with a one-year extension -- as opposed to picking up his $20.272 million fifth-year option -- the Packers essentially admitted that they don't know what to expect from the 24-year-old signal-caller. I have my doubts.”
Only change I'd make is to move Cousins above Love. No one has a clue how he will do.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Only change I'd make is to move Cousins above Love. No one has a clue how he will do.
That list is in alphabetical order ie Chicago, Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota. Hence why the write up says the top 2 QBs are Goff and Cousins.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So if 2016 4th and 2017 3rd cancel.

Titans got the 15th, 2 seconds, a third and the 2017 1st while also giving up a 6th

Bears got DJ Moore, the 9th ( 10th and a 2024 4th) , a second, 2024 1st and a 2025 2nd.

Better return and 6 few spots given up. Poles did some work.

some ppl around here really not appreciating the deal Poles got

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
"Starting RB" doesn't really mean anything anymore. From a fantasy standpoint it really sucks, but from a real football standpoint, it's good shit.

I would bet that Roshon's ability to block and catch, not to mention his leadership, will earn him more snaps rather than less as things go along. He wouldn't be the first guy to become a very good running back in the league after being drafted in the 4th or after so we'll see how things go.
How do RB's not mean anything in fantasy?