**OFFICAIL** Bears 2024 Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
So, how soon will Ro be the starting RB for the Bears?
First off, I'm going with RoJo. Yea, call that mf Red, like the Shawshank!

Y’all better roll that R like fresh pasta under your abuela’s wooden rolling pin.

But yeah, Ithink he wins primary ball carrier before the end of training camp. He has underrated hands, has power, and can block, each a skill the other three backs lacks at least one or more of. *cawwwffff* Herbert *cawf* *cough*

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Albert Breer answered my question for his latest SI article:

From Everything is AWESOME! (@BaBaBla19426799): Is the Panthers’ (Bears) first round pick top 10 next year?

Awesome, I say both the Bears’ slotted pick and the one they picked up from Carolina land somewhere between No. 11 and No. 18.

Right now, I’d pick the Saints to win the NFC South. But I think Carolina’s going to be right there, with a roster built to win now around cornerstones Brian Burns, Jaycee Horn, Ickey Ekwonu, and Jeremy Chinn, combined with an experienced, accomplished coaching staff pushing the buttons. Obviously, the swing factor for that talented group, one that did lose DJ Moore and Christian McCaffrey over the last nine months, will be the quarterback.

As for the Bears, I think Justin Fields will make strides. I think Moore will make a difference. I think Matt Eberflus’s defense will grow. And I think the improvement on the lines of scrimmage (Nate Davis and DeMarcus Walker in free agency, Darnell Wright and Gervon Dexter in the draft) will make Chicago a lot more competitive on a week-to-week basis.

On top of that, the Packers are replacing Aaron Rodgers, and the Vikings are resetting a bit. That, to me, probably generates a division win or two that wasn’t there last year.

So do I think the Bears make the playoffs? Probably not. But in a watered-down NFC, I don’t think flirting with .500, with a strong finish built into that, is out of the question.

That’ll leave Chicago in a good place going into 2024, both as a team, and with draft picks.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
First off, I'm going with RoJo. Yea, call that mf Red, like the Shawshank!

Y’all better roll that R like fresh pasta under your abuela’s wooden rolling pin.

But yeah, Ithink he wins primary ball carrier before the end of training camp. He has underrated hands, has power, and can block, each a skill the other three backs lacks at least one or more of. *cawwwffff* Herbert *cawf* *cough*
Ok, I have you with Ro as a day 1 starter and another vote for week 3 at KC. See who comes out on top.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
So, how soon will Ro be the starting RB for the Bears?
I don't think he will. I think Bears fans seriously underrate how good Herbert is as a runner. I'm sure he'll take some strides in pass pro and as a receiver. But I believe he led the lead in YPC for RBs. He and Foreman were top 5 in RB efficiency AKA getting the most rush yards over expected. Neither of them dance around in the backfield and both I think are a touch quicker than Johnson. So, even if the reps are split pretty evenly between the 3, I think Herbert and Foreman will get the bulk of the carries and technically the "starting" job.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
The post-draft praise by the Bears staff for Roschon is fairly unprecedented from what I can recall. They're essentially saying his talent is top tier and his character is unparalleled. They're basically penciling in a 4th round pick as a future captain on this team. I can't remember anything like this from previous drafts. I'm very excited to see how he develops.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
I don't think he will. I think Bears fans seriously underrate how good Herbert is as a runner. I'm sure he'll take some strides in pass pro and as a receiver. But I believe he led the lead in YPC for RBs. He and Foreman were top 5 in RB efficiency AKA getting the most rush yards over expected. Neither of them dance around in the backfield and both I think are a touch quicker than Johnson. So, even if the reps are split pretty evenly between the 3, I think Herbert and Foreman will get the bulk of the carries and technically the "starting" job.
Agreed 100%.

Bears have a very talented backfield. Johnson will have a hard time creating a role early. His pass protection obviously sets him apart, but even Homer is pretty good at that and much faster when receiving

I think he will start out like Herbert, where he earns an ever increasing role. He'll be 50/50 carries by next year and then the Bears will boot Herbert just as they did Monty. Johnson will be the lead back starting his third year

msadows

Liked Posts:
Once upon a time, in the vast virtual realm of ChiCitySports message board, there was a user named Montucky. Montucky was a passionate sports fan who hailed from the picturesque state of Montana. Despite being thousands of miles away from the bustling city of Chicago, Montucky's heart beat true for the Windy City's sports teams.

Montucky's love for Chicago sports was unparalleled. Every day, he would log onto ChiCitySports, eager to engage in lively discussions and share his insights with fellow fans. Whether it was the Bears, Cubs, Blackhawks, Bulls, or White Sox, Montucky had a wealth of knowledge and an unwavering devotion.

Montucky's unique username caught the attention of many on the message board, prompting curiosity and intrigue. People wondered how someone from Montana could be such a die-hard supporter of Chicago's teams. Montucky took pride in his username, often using it as an opportunity to share tales of his personal connection to the Windy City.

One day, as the NBA season was in full swing, Montucky stumbled upon a thread about the Chicago Bulls' resurgence. Excited to join the conversation, he shared his thoughts on the team's young talents and their potential to become contenders once again. Little did Montucky know that his comment would spark a chain of events that would forever change his life.

Another user, who went by the name "WindyCityGuru," was instantly captivated by Montucky's insightful analysis. He reached out to Montucky privately, expressing his admiration for his knowledge and passion for Chicago sports. Montucky, humbled by the praise, struck up a friendship with WindyCityGuru.

As time went on, Montucky and WindyCityGuru became inseparable. They would chat for hours on end, discussing everything from game strategies to off-season trades. They formed a formidable bond, despite the miles that separated them. Montucky often found himself daydreaming about meeting WindyCityGuru in person.

One fateful day, WindyCityGuru surprised Montucky with an invitation. He revealed that he had planned a trip to Montana and wanted to meet his dear friend in the flesh. Overwhelmed with excitement, Montucky eagerly agreed.

When the day of the meeting arrived, Montucky welcomed WindyCityGuru with open arms. They spent an unforgettable weekend together, exploring the scenic landscapes of Montana and engaging in deep conversations about their shared love for sports. Montucky introduced WindyCityGuru to the wonders of Montana's outdoor adventures, while WindyCityGuru regaled Montucky with tales of Chicago's vibrant sports culture.

As the trip came to an end, Montucky and WindyCityGuru realized that their friendship was truly special. They had bridged the gap between two worlds and proven that the love for sports could transcend geographical boundaries. Their bond continued to grow stronger, even after WindyCityGuru returned to Chicago.

Montucky's story spread across the ChiCitySports message board like wildfire. His unwavering dedication to Chicago sports and his unexpected connection with WindyCityGuru inspired countless users. Montucky became a legendary figure on the board, a symbol of the power of sports to bring people together.

From that day forward, Montucky continued to share his insights and engage with the ChiCitySports community. But now, he did so with a renewed sense of purpose. He knew that his presence on the board had the potential to unite fans from all walks of life, just as it had brought him and WindyCityGuru together.

And so, the legend of Montucky lived on, reminding everyone that the love for a team can transcend boundaries and create lasting connections.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Panthers would have had to give up a shitton more in that case.

Not sure the jump from 1 to 15 woulda been possible.
Literally the last time the #1 pick was traded, it was traded to the team with the 15th pick.

Player picked at No. 1: QB Jared Goff

Titans received: 2016 first-round pick (No. 15; subsequently traded, WR Corey Coleman), 2016 second-round pick (No. 43, DT Austin Johnson), 2016 second-round pick (No. 45, RB Derrick Henry), 2016 third-round pick (No. 76; subsequently traded, OT Shon Coleman), 2017 first-round pick (No. 5, WR Corey Davis) and 2017 third-round pick (No. 100, TE Jonnu Smith)

Rams received: 2016 No. 1 pick (Goff), 2016 fourth-round pick (No. 113; subsequently traded, LB Nick Kwiatkoski) and 2016 sixth-round pick (No. 177, TE Temarrick Hemingway)