**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I didn't post win rates. Win rates are ESPN not PFF. PFF grades take into account who is believed to be at fault for the sack or pressure. They have Fields responsible for 23.9% of his pressures and 13 of his sacks. Mahomes is responsible for 21.2% or 5 sacks.

It is also pretty criminal to claim Brown is a massive upgrade without a single shred of context. How much was Brown helped by the scheme and the fact Mahomes is perhaps the best QB at maneuvering the pocket? Or did I miss where you provided data to support your massive upgraded claim? Can't be one sided about this.
You just supported my claim by saying there is only a 2% difference in QB’s fault of blame for the sack.

Are you seriously going to say the bears did not run a scheme that protected the O Line? I saw you post about it, you said they did at some point. Rather not dig it up but I will if I must ?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah and my point is I agree with the NFL. He isn't worth elite LT money.
I think he is going to sign for 15-17 mil per season. If we could get him at 17 per would you sign him?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You just supported my claim by saying there is only a 2% difference in QB’s fault of blame for the sack.

Are you seriously going to say the bears did not run a scheme that protected the O Line? I saw you post about it, you said they did at some point. Rather not dig it up but I will if I must ?

No I am saying the Chiefs have a QB that tremendously helps his OL as well. We have all seen how Mahomes navigates pressure. Fields isn't on that level yet and holds the ball 0.6 seconds longer than Mahomes. Hence why Brown was 2nd in the NFL in pressures but a lot of them were not converted into sacks because of Mahomes. There was a time early in the season where Fields was taking a lot of dumb sacks but his pocket awareness improved as the season went on.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, I can see the Bears offering Brown a contract similar to what McGlinchey got, maybe a little more.
I think he is going to sign for 15-17 mil per season. If we could get him at 17 per would you sign him?

Sure at that price possibly if I felt I could get around the fact he would be a liability in the run game as not very athletic.

But think it would be embarrassing for him and his agent to accept such a deal so doubt a deal at that price gets done anytime soon.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Like he gives a shit. The last thing that guy needed was more introspection.

I was thinkin about this and I figure dude probably this he IS the team and they should all be thankful to dangle on his nuts

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No he wouldnt be a massive upgrade over Jones except in name only. It is entirely fair for people to expect Jones builds on that performance and can be better than Brown as early as this year.
Statistically he isn’t some massive upgrade over Jones. Not enough to justify spending $25million a year on.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
No I am saying the Chiefs have a QB that tremendously helps his OL as well. We have all seen how Mahomes navigates pressure. Fields isn't on that level yet and holds the ball 0.6 seconds longer than Mahomes. Hence why Brown was 2nd in the NFL in pressures but a lot of them were not converted into sacks because of Mahomes. There was a time early in the season where Fields was taking a lot of dumb sacks but his pocket awareness improved as the season went on.
please address this: did you EVER agree or suggest that the bears play calling was changed to include more blocking that would benefit the O line (roll outs, moving pocket, run plays) because they are bad at traditional drop back pass blocking?

Please address this and nothing else.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well, I can see the Bears offering Brown a contract similar to what McGlinchey got, maybe a little more.
Yeah this talk about Brown being a better RT than LT isn't something new that started this offseason, it's been talked about for the last couple of years but teams/Chiefs were willing to sign him because he's still legit and T is such a huge need. Let him sit out there and eventually he'll have to give in if teams hold strong on this.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
please address this: did you EVER agree or suggest that the bears play calling was changed to include more blocking that would benefit the O line (roll outs, moving pocket, run plays) because they are bad at traditional drop back pass blocking?

Read again. You asked, "Are you seriously going to say the bears did not run a scheme that protected the O Line?" And I started my response by saying No ie No I am not saying that. I then told you what I actually am saying.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
The contract that Brown turned down last year was essentially a 5-year $95M contract with a $30M signing bonus but no guaranteed money after the second year. The reason Brown didn't sign the contract was because of the lack of guaranteed money. He also turned down the 4 years $80M they offered Jawaan Taylor. When Brown eventually signs I think it will be for a contract similar to what Taylor received.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The Bears will draft two offensive lineman within their first 4 picks. Book it. That's where the heart of this entire offensive line talent pool comes for the off-season. Not in this sus FA class. Is it a gamble? You bet, as is handing out giant bags to cast offs and players coming off of injures. It's all a gamble. I'm gambling on the young cheap guys, personally. They're not done adding vets at the position group, but they'll all have warts and none will be a sure thing.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Read again. You asked, "Are you seriously going to say the bears did not run a scheme that protected the O Line?" And I started my response by saying No ie No I am not saying that. I then told you what I actually am saying.
So I just want to be clear on where you stand.

The bears did run a scheme to protect the o line because they were below average at pass blocking?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Do you think it is possible that Braxton Jones got better as the season went along? Is it possible he could be good enough this year to be a starting tackle in the NFL? And if he is, who would be more likely to know? Us or the coaches and GM?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The only caveat to the above is if they pull off some massive trade for a true franchise LT. Which is not impossible but I'm not banking on it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So I just want to be clear on where you stand.

The bears did run a scheme to protect the o line because they were below average at pass blocking?

They struggled pass blocking early in the season and Fields held the ball too long so a scheme was run to give Fields more time to throw. So both the OL and Fields were at fault early on.

Both got better as the season progressed and Jones in particular got much better pass blocking just as Fields got better navigating the pocket.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Poles looking pretty studious after day 1. I wouldn't be opposed to Ekeler if the draft pick is low and there's really no commitment beyond 2 years.