**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Do you think it is possible that Braxton Jones got better as the season went along? Is it possible he could be good enough this year to be a starting tackle in the NFL? And if he is, who would be more likely to know? Us or the coaches and GM?
I think Braxton jones played alright. Not horrible by any means, but I see him as being a part of the problem that was the entire OL last year in they couldn’t pass block at an average level. He definitely looked to get better as the year went along, but my god he could not stop a bull rush and it seemed like every opposing defender knew it, used it on him over and over.

Of course I hope he improves. He should. No one knows how much he will improve though.

I don’t think borom improved. Even if you like jones the bears still need an RT.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The only caveat to the above is if they pull off some massive trade for a true franchise LT. Which is not impossible but I'm not banking on it.
Trent Williams' success well into his thirties has probably raised the cost of acquiring a late-twenties Laremy Tunsil. Though who even knows anymore.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Value Bucket" King Poles holding that 40 million like he gets to take it home.

Protect your "franchise " QB! Get some FA Edge and DL players!

Not all these needs are going to be met in the draft and you have the money now. FA so far has been affordable, many players signed for fair deals that the Bears could have easily afforded.

Anyone who has any excuses for this team this year needs to shut the fuck up, they had their chances at good players for a fair price.

I just don't get it

We know you don't get it

But whatever. You was always gon freak out either way

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Poles looking pretty studious after day 1. I wouldn't be opposed to Ekeler if the draft pick is low and there's really no commitment beyond 2 years.
Prob be a 3 year 40-45 mil deal. He would be exciting but that is a steep price plus giving up a pick or two

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Trent Williams' success well into his thirties has probably raised the cost of acquiring a late-twenties Laremy Tunsil. Though who even knows anymore.
Tunsil certainly won't come at a discount because of his age. There are several examples of Tackles playing at a very high level in their Mid 30s. Bears recently had one on the roster in Jason Peters. Clearly past his prime at 40 but was still a monster not too long before. I'm also fine paying a player of his caliber market setting monies.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
That's leadership right there! A highly touted QB letting his freshman OLineman beat him in Madden!
He fits the profile to an absolute T of what Poles is looking for. Long, lean and athletic with some position versatility. My only real knock on him is having only starting one year at Tackle. But, he's played well at Tackle and Guard.

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
My biggest issue with him is the gatekeeping he does for the NFL. As if some things should be national secrets. For instance, a popular argument for him regarding Ryan Pace was, "Don't forget he completely redid the entire practice facility. And if you don't understand why that's important then you don't understand a GMs job." Well ok, explain to us how that relates to a GMs job and how it translates to on field success. "Nah, you're blocked." Shit like that.
*Brad Biggs has entered the chat.*

I got blocked by him, and I don't think I've ever tweeted or replied to anything from him. Maybe it's because I follow Parkins, and he has this weird silent hatred for him.