**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think if they drafted JSN they would probably try to trade Claypool for another player in a similar situation.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
People talking about the chance to grab Marvin Harrison next year, myself included, which would be great.

But that T out of Penn St would also look great in a Bears uniform.

Just saying that someone like Carter or JSN is definitely a possibility.

This offseason and draft is freakin awesome.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Was it not some solace that many of those terrible, game-defining WR mistakes were made by players who were destined to leave the team in short order? Pettis and Smith-Marsette can't cost us chances at a win, ESB is relegated to the bench and I wouldn't be shocked if he fails to make the final roster, and I think everyone would prefer that Poles cut bait with VJJ and give his roster spot to someone who has a better chance of success.

Small improvements across the board lead to large steps forward. Fields has a clear path to address his shortcomings, there is a committee of weapons that can handle an NFL defense, and while depth at OL is a concern, a few of the positions have competitive players. I really do think that this offense is one tackle and a center away from being genuinely good, with the only caveat being health.
If VJJ loses his roster spot, I won't fret about it. But I would by no means say I "prefer Poles cut bait with VJJ". That's premature. Why don't we see what he can add when he's on a team that's not a shitshow? Assuming we give our QB some time to throw, and with legit weapons now at WR, VJJ just running gadget plays may be a good weapon. We'll see.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If the Lions don’t take a QB and don’ take Carter, the Bears won’t draft him.

But if they do, and Carter slips to 9, people need to accept there is a high chance he will be a Bear. I’d be all for it.
If the Lions DON'T take a QB and DON'T take Carter, the Bears won't draft "him" (presumably Carter?)

But if they (Lions) DO (do draft a QB? Or do draft Carter?) then HE (presumably Carter) will be a Bear. (Even though the Lions just drafted him.)

Well.....that's clear.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
If the Lions DON'T take a QB and DON'T take Carter, the Bears won't draft "him" (presumably Carter?)

But if they (Lions) DO (do draft a QB? Or do draft Carter?) then HE (presumably Carter) will be a Bear. (Even though the Lions just drafted him.)

Well.....that's clear.
Yeah, should have been clearer. If DET doesn’t take a QB and passes on Carter, that would concern me. Carter would be a great fit in DET.

If DET takes a QB and Carter falls, he’s in play for Chi.

It was big to settle the criminal case ASAP and probably why he showed up to pro day overweight. Now there isn’t the chance of jail, not playing, etc.

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
You'd have to think that Poles would move Mooney or Claypool in that case. And most likely Mooney bc he probably has more value than Claypool (or not).

If you can get a 2nd for Mooney I think you go ahead with drafting JSN. Mooney has been a nice player but he's also small, not really insanely productive and about to demand decent money. You could get an upgrade at WR hypothetically while also freeing up future $ with this move.

If they see JSN as a future star, I'm with it.

Reactions: chi

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
People talking about the chance to grab Marvin Harrison next year, myself included, which would be great.

But that T out of Penn St would also look great in a Bears uniform.

Just saying that someone like Carter or JSN is definitely a possibility.

This offseason and draft is freakin awesome.
Been one of the best and most anticipated in quite some time. 2019 I had reservations on Mitch. Week 1 was all I needed to know it was going to be another swing and miss. Justin just has so much to work with in terms of tools and potential, so this is exciting. Hopefully he can meet his potential this year.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
I am not ready to cast Claypool aside, but I think my opinion with Velus is being misinterpreted (which is probably my fault so let me offer clarity). The difference between him and a player that competes for his spot comes down to ball security, because VJJ did absolutely have issues last year when he got his chances. If he gets outplayed by a 5th round rookie (just a shot in the dark example) who is also fast and also has return skills, people will complain about the cost of drafting VJJ but we'll all be happier that a better player is on roster.

That same hypothetical 5th round rookie could spell the end of ESB on the roster, and we would also all be happier for it. The WR room could ultimately be Moore, Mooney, Claypool, VJJ and ESB going into the season and I would be fairly optimistic for them as a unit.
What hypothetical 5th round receiver is going to have Velus's speed and return ability especially At his size? He already established himself as one of the best returnees in the game IMO. You are way underselling his ability there.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Been one of the best and most anticipated in quite some time. 2019 I had reservations on Mitch. Week 1 was all I needed to know it was going to be another swing and miss. Justin just has so much to work with in terms of tools and potential, so this is exciting. Hopefully he can meet his potential this year.
Well said.