**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
JG is also a seasoned vet. Purdy as a 7th round rookie stepped in and didn’t miss a bit. The talent obviously helps, I just don’t get trying to knock the guy for executing and performing his job as well as anyone could expect. Not saying you’re doing that, but that tweet certainly was and I’ve heard other people try to crap on the guy too. Some guys can have talent around them and still not perform nearly as well.

Think that tweet was someone telling Niner fans to slow down on talk of Purdy being the guy long term and getting rid of Lance.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Think that tweet was someone telling Niner fans to slow down on talk of Purdy being the guy long term and getting rid of Lance.

Weren’t 9er fans ready to move on from Lance before Purdy?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's funny how some just like to dance right around some facts in this when all they know is doing their very best at trying to make everyone think they're always right.

Toney probably didn't even finish half of those 18 games (didn't realize 18 games equaled 2 years Hahaha) he played in because he was dealing with so many soft tissue injuries.

I wonder if playing for Big Ben as your QB compared to Daniel Jones with the mighty Joe Judge as your HC makes a difference? Hmmmmmmm..............................

Toney is by far the more talented WR compared to Claypool and if it weren't for injuries and playing with D.Jones/J.Judge and getting traded to a team that has a shit ton of weapons they love to use all of we would of seen more from him.

I'm just glad you were so happy with the Bears trading the 1st pick in the 2nd round for this guy and hope like hell you end up being right about him, but when we get to pick 32 in the draft and pick after pick after pick goes by of day one starters on rookie deals we could of had i hope you still think the same thing. Even if you don't you wouldn't be able to admit it.

This is a shit take. Tyreek Hill is talented and had big numbers with Mahomes. Toney can't get more targets because he isn't that good compared to JuJu, MVS and Skyy Moore.

The further stupidity is bringing up injuries as if that isn't a knock against Toney. Yes he has been injured a lot which is one of the reasons he has been trash in the NFL. His production when he plays sucks and he is always injured to boot.

Let's revisit when Toney has crossed the 800 yard mark for his career. Really impressed it will take him 3 seasons to get there when Chase did so in 1 year.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Weren’t 9er fans ready to move on from Lance before Purdy?

I am sure there was but considering he played 1 full game in a Moonsoon that is probably premature.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is a shit take. Tyreek Hill is talented and had big numbers with Mahomes. Toney can't get more targets because he isn't that good compared to JuJu, MVS and Skyy Moore.

The further stupidity is bringing up injuries as if that isn't a knock against Toney. Yes he has been injured a lot which is one of the reasons he has been trash in the NFL. His production when he plays sucks and he is always injured to boot.

Let's revisit when Toney has crossed the 800 yard mark for his career. Really impressed it will take him 3 seasons to get there when Chase did so in 1 year.
Keep on dancing dancer boy. :deer:

Now you're comparing Toney to T.Hill. Hahaha

And now Toney isn't as good as MVS and S.Moore.

You can't see talent.

I've brought up his injury history since my first post about this dummy.

I guess you're also saying Andy Reid can't see talent. Hahaha

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Keep on dancing dancer boy. :deer:

Now you're comparing Toney to T.Hill. Hahaha

And now Toney isn't as good as MVS and S.Moore.

You can't see talent.

I've brought up his injury history since my first post about this dummy.

I guess you're also saying Andy Reid can't see talent. Hahaha

Your claim is Toney can't get production because KC spreads the ball around. Except if he were actually as good as you claim he would.

Andy Reid thinks Matt Nagy is a great coach so he is not infallible. And if he thought Toney was that talented he would get the ball more. He is a 4th or 5th WR. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Your claim is Toney can't get production because KC spreads the ball around. Except if he were actually as good as you claim he would.

Andy Reid thinks Matt Nagy is a great coach so he is not infallible. And if he thought Toney was that talented he would get the ball more. He is a 4th or 5th WR. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.
I claim he's dynamic and he is, he would be very good and put up very good stats (we know how much you love them) if he wasn't injured so much and wasn't playing in that garbage offense the Giants had last year. Are you saying the Chiefs don't spread the ball around? In case you don't know, they do.

Tpney has also been injured since they traded for him a few months ago and also had to learn a new system which in case you don't know, it kinda slows the learning process when you can't get on the field because you're on the sidelines injured.

I do like how now you've swung this whole convo from who was the better trade out of Claypool and Toney to how Toney compares to T.Hill and saying MVS and S.Moore are better and more talented WR's than Toney is. LOL

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I claim he's dynamic and he is, he would be very good and put up very good stats (we know how much you love them) if he wasn't injured so much and wasn't playing in that garbage offense the Giants had last year. Are you saying the Chiefs don't spread the ball around? In case you don't know, they do.

Tpney has also been injured since they traded for him a few months ago and also had to learn a new system which in case you don't know, it kinda slows the learning process when you can't get on the field because you're on the sidelines injured.

I do like how now you've swung this whole convo from who was the better trade out of Claypool and Toney to how Toney compares to T.Hill and saying MVS and S.Moore are better and more talented WR's than Toney is. LOL

His current production and injury history did not warrant a 3rd and 6th. That is the point. Doesn't matter how dynamic he is if he can't consistently produce on field.

I am not comparing Hill to Toney. I am saying if he was any good he would still get yards in this offense. He has played for Giants and KC and underproduced in both places so no don't think the issue was the Giants offense. The issue is him.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Sure but can’t just cherry pick a 60 yard TD. He still has to run the offense and execute. People act like you can just plug any 7th round QB in SF and get the same results. That’s just not remotely the case. He’s outplayed JG and Lance so far and if SF believed they could just put anyone at QB they wouldn’t have traded 3 1sts for Lance or re-signed JG. Do the weapons and talent help? Of course they do…but give the kid credit you couldn’t possibly ask for a better start for him.
For sure, big test for him this week.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
But what is Brock Purdy without this offense full of talent and without one of the best offensive minds in the game? This Dallas defense will be his biggest test that he's played against so far this year.

You can literally say this about any great QB. What is Mahomes without Reid and Kelce? What is Allen without Diggs? What is Burrow without Chase/Higgins/Boyd?

Obviously Purdy wouldn’t perform as well as he has without Shanny and a lesser personnel, but the fact he’s performing as well as he has shouldn’t be downplayed. Big test for him today for sure.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I have to disagree with the ideal trade down partner.

Carolina has a lot of picks in the top 100 that would make for a richer bid, still remain in the top ten this year, and get extra picks next year. If Chicago has extra picks in the top 100 this year, Poles could be getting really good young talent on OL and DL that can really help turn this team around.

There has to be eight centers in this draft that can outplay Mustipher in the first week of practice. Draft two of them a send Mustipher packing.
You had me up until draft a C to replace Mustipher. Nope. No. And no. Sign a vet to replace Mustipher. Not a rookie. Otherwise, I agree 100% that Carolina is a better partner: 2 2nds, possibly 3 1sts, maybe a couple thirds, and possibly a player.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
It's funny how some just like to dance right around some facts in this when all they know is doing their very best at trying to make everyone think they're always right.

Toney probably didn't even finish half of those 18 games (didn't realize 18 games equaled 2 years Hahaha) he played in because he was dealing with so many soft tissue injuries.
And he’s a head case. Don’t forget that.
I wonder if playing for Big Ben as your QB compared to Daniel Jones with the mighty Joe Judge as your HC makes a difference? Hmmmmmmm..............................
Late career Big Ben? The one who was a shell of himself. I’m not sure which was worse.
Toney is by far the more talented WR compared to Claypool
Not even close. Toney is trash.
and if it weren't for injuries

Sooooooooo many injuries. Let’s begin with the fact that his head, yeah, his head, oh boy….
and playing with D.Jones/J.Judge and getting traded to a team that has a shit ton of weapons they love to use all of we would of seen more from him.
They don’t have a shit ton of weapons this year. They haven’t used Skyy, they’re relying on a 7th rounder, and they’re making do with a shadow of the receiver talent they once had. It’s basically the Travis Kelsey show with occasional appearances.
I'm just glad you were so happy with the Bears trading the 1st pick in the 2nd round for this guy
Yup. I’m happy, too. Claypool’s a better physical prospect than any WR in this draft and has proven NFL production with shit QB play.
and hope like hell you end up being right about him, but when we get to pick 32 in the draft and pick after pick after pick goes by of day one starters on rookie deals we could of had i hope you still think the same thing.
Yeah. We got a proven NFL WR who can play the X. He’ll have an off season to gel. That’s better upside than a rookie WR in this draft.
Even if you don't you wouldn't be able to admit it.

It['s also funny that you can't see the talent Toney has.

I can’t see it either. I haven’t like him since before he was drafted. He was overhyped trash then. He’s trash now.

Last edited: