**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He’s getting talked about because he’s a 7th rounder who came in, didn’t blink, and is playing better than JG and Trey Lance ever did and the 9ers are winning. If people want to bring him down with geek stats for QB play, that’s kinda weird. He has a 107 rating, is completing nearly 67% of his passes, and has 13 TDs in 5 starts….but PFF passing grade and big time throw rate! Lol…fucking nerds

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
He’s getting talked about because he’s a 7th rounder who came in, didn’t blink, and is playing better than JG and Trey Lance and the 9ers are winning. If people want to bring him down with geek stats for QB play, that’s kinda weird. He has a 107 rating, is completing nearly 67% of his passes, and has 13 TDs in 5 starts
He has done phenomenally well, but people need to evaluate the reasons behind it. Throwing short of the sticks and the WR breaking a 60+ yard TD makes the stats look great, but reality is that the WR was other-wordly.

Fields has had some significant struggles but his big game hunting allows you to project where that is headed with great talent.

If SF talent were diminished, or teams start pressing more, Purdy would quickly go to Cousins territory, throwing 6 yards short on 4th and 8.

I love the story, but he has had some tremendous luck along the way. He has been careless at times, but he hasn’t had to pay the price yet.

That defense for the 49ers is ? too.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He has done phenomenally well, but people need to evaluate the reasons behind it. Throwing short of the sticks and the WR breaking a 60+ yard TD makes the stats look great, but reality is that the WR was other-wordly.

Fields has had some significant struggles but his big game hunting allows you to project where that is headed with great talent.

If SF talent were diminished, or teams start pressing more, Purdy would quickly go to Cousins territory, throwing 6 yards short on 4th and 8.

I love the story, but he has had some tremendous luck along the way. He has been careless at times, but he hasn’t had to pay the price yet.

That defense for the 49ers is ? too.
Sure but can’t just cherry pick a 60 yard TD. He still has to run the offense and execute. People act like you can just plug any 7th round QB in SF and get the same results. That’s just not remotely the case. He’s outplayed JG and Lance so far and if SF believed they could just put anyone at QB they wouldn’t have traded 3 1sts for Lance or re-signed JG. Do the weapons and talent help? Of course they do…but give the kid credit you couldn’t possibly ask for a better start for him.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
This would be the dream scenario, especially if you somehow garner #12 as part of that from the Texans.

The trades with the Texans & Colts seems to be possible from reading about the unique division rival aspect and would be a home run if it happened.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But that Claypool trade that you loved that we made..........now that's some serious production. LOL

Compared to Toney yes.

Toney 591 yards and 2 TDs first 2 years.

Claypool 1733 yards and 11 TDs first 2 years.

So almost 3 times the yards and 5 times the TDs. If the choice is Toney for a 3rd and 6th or Claypool for a 2nd then I take Claypool who has at least proved he can be a No 2. Toney has 4th or 5th WR production.

Last edited:

Canth

Liked Posts:
Sure but can’t just cherry pick a 60 yard TD. He still has to run the offense and execute. People act like you can just plug any 7th round QB in SF and get the same results. That’s just not remotely the case. He’s outplayed JG and Lance so far and if SF believed they could just put anyone at QB they wouldn’t have traded 3 1sts for Lance or re-signed JG. Do the weapons and talent help? Of course they do…but give the kid credit you couldn’t possibly ask for a better start for him.

I don't think anyone is saying that Purdy hasn't been an amazing story. It just seems a bit early to crown him anything after only 5-6 games on a stacked team.

Also, no one knows what the 49er's have with Lance yet due to the injury he had in 2nd game of the season. I get that availability is a trait and certainly a question for Lance. But, I also don't think it is fair to say Purdy has outplayed Lance this season when Lance only played 1 full game in a monsoon.

IMO, the 49er's are actually in a good position at QB going into the offseason and 2023 with both Purdy and Lance on their roster. You have 2 guys on rookie contracts. One, really cheap, that has shown he can at least efficiently execute the star studded offense and the other with a ton of physical talent that you just have to see if he can stay healthy to get on the field to execute.

Lance is a sunk cost for the 49er's. They can't go back in time and get the other picks back. That doesn't mean they need to double down on it and move on prematurely either.

Canth

Liked Posts:
The trades with the Texans & Colts seems to be possible from reading about the unique division rival aspect and would be a home run if it happened.

Yeah, I think the really enviable position for the Bears right now is that you have those two division rivals both in the top 5 needing a QB. I really hope that drives up the cost of the trade back for the Bears.

IMO, the best trade back would be with the Colts to #4 as long as it includes a 2024 1st round pick. I don't think you get a future 1st with the Texans...and I really want the Bears to get a future 1st in any trade back scenario.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He’s getting talked about because he’s a 7th rounder who came in, didn’t blink, and is playing better than JG and Trey Lance ever did and the 9ers are winning. If people want to bring him down with geek stats for QB play, that’s kinda weird. He has a 107 rating, is completing nearly 67% of his passes, and has 13 TDs in 5 starts….but PFF passing grade and big time throw rate! Lol…fucking nerds

JG has 67% and 103 rating. It was better once CMC was acquired. Lance never played with CMC. Still great what he is doing as a rookie but clearly has one of the more talented rosters and doesn't have to do much.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah, I think the really enviable position for the Bears right now is that you have those two division rivals both in the top 5 needing a QB. I really hope that drives up the cost of the trade back for the Bears.

IMO, the best trade back would be with the Colts to #4 as long as it includes a 2024 1st round pick. I don't think you get a future 1st with the Texans...and I really want the Bears to get a future 1st in any trade back scenario.
I have to disagree with the ideal trade down partner.

Carolina has a lot of picks in the top 100 that would make for a richer bid, still remain in the top ten this year, and get extra picks next year. If Chicago has extra picks in the top 100 this year, Poles could be getting really good young talent on OL and DL that can really help turn this team around.

There has to be eight centers in this draft that can outplay Mustipher in the first week of practice. Draft two of them an send Mustipher packing.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'd be good with going to 12 mil per for him but to get him at 10 or under would be nice.
Well he’s coming off an injury and didn’t produce much this year so this would be the optimal time to sign him cheaper than off of a big year.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone is saying that Purdy hasn't been an amazing story. It just seems a bit early to crown him anything after only 5-6 games on a stacked team.

Also, no one knows what the 49er's have with Lance yet due to the injury he had in 2nd game of the season. I get that availability is a trait and certainly a question for Lance. But, I also don't think it is fair to say Purdy has outplayed Lance this season when Lance only played 1 full game in a monsoon.

IMO, the 49er's are actually in a good position at QB going into the offseason and 2023 with both Purdy and Lance on their roster. You have 2 guys on rookie contracts. One, really cheap, that has shown he can at least efficiently execute the star studded offense and the other with a ton of physical talent that you just have to see if he can stay healthy to get on the field to execute.

Lance is a sunk cost for the 49er's. They can't go back in time and get the other picks back. That doesn't mean they need to double down on it and move on prematurely either.
Of course it’s too early to “crown him.” Is anyone really crowning him though? Or just giving props to a 7th round rookie for not blinking and executing as well as anyone can expect? Maybe I missed anyone calling him one of the best in the NFL lol….the question is if he could sustain it. I just don’t get using geek stats to try to downplay his performance so far which is what that tweet was doing.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I have to disagree with the ideal trade down partner.

Carolina has a lot of picks in the top 100 that would make for a richer bid, still remain in the top ten this year, and get extra picks next year. If Chicago has extra picks in the top 100 this year, Poles could be getting really good young talent on OL and DL that can really help turn this team around.

There has to be eight centers in this draft that can outplay Mustipher in the first week of practice. Draft two of them an send Mustipher packing.

I am not opposed to something like that either. To me, it is really important in any trade back to get a future 1st. However, I do understand that you have to evaluate the overall trade package and if they actually end up with more Day 1 and 2 picks with Carolina then so be it. The Bears have so many holes, that is a valid argument.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
JG has 67% and 103 rating. It was better once CMC was acquired. Lance never played with CMC. Still great what he is doing as a rookie but clearly has one of the more talented rosters and doesn't have to do much.

JG is also a seasoned vet. Purdy as a 7th round rookie stepped in and didn’t miss a bit. The talent obviously helps, I just don’t get trying to knock the guy for executing and performing his job as well as anyone could expect. Not saying you’re doing that, but that tweet certainly was and I’ve heard other people try to crap on the guy too. Some guys can have talent around them and still not perform nearly as well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Compared to Toney yes.

Toney 591 yards and 2 TDs first 2 years.

Claypool 1733 yards and 11 TDs first 2 years.

So almost 3 times the yards and 5 times the TDs. If the choice is Toney for a 3rd and 6th or Claypool for a 2nd then I take Claypool who has at least proved he can be a No 2. Toney has 4th or 5th WR production.
It's funny how some just like to dance right around some facts in this when all they know is doing their very best at trying to make everyone think they're always right.

Toney probably didn't even finish half of those 18 games (didn't realize 18 games equaled 2 years Hahaha) he played in because he was dealing with so many soft tissue injuries.

I wonder if playing for Big Ben as your QB compared to Daniel Jones with the mighty Joe Judge as your HC makes a difference? Hmmmmmmm..............................

Toney is by far the more talented WR compared to Claypool and if it weren't for injuries and playing with D.Jones/J.Judge and getting traded to a team that has a shit ton of weapons they love to use all of we would of seen more from him.

I'm just glad you were so happy with the Bears trading the 1st pick in the 2nd round for this guy and hope like hell you end up being right about him, but when we get to pick 32 in the draft and pick after pick after pick goes by of day one starters on rookie deals we could of had i hope you still think the same thing. Even if you don't you wouldn't be able to admit it.

It['s also funny that you can't see the talent Toney has. Pretty eye opening actually.