**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone is saying that Purdy hasn't been an amazing story. It just seems a bit early to crown him anything after only 5-6 games on a stacked team.

Also, no one knows what the 49er's have with Lance yet due to the injury he had in 2nd game of the season. I get that availability is a trait and certainly a question for Lance. But, I also don't think it is fair to say Purdy has outplayed Lance this season when Lance only played 1 full game in a monsoon.

IMO, the 49er's are actually in a good position at QB going into the offseason and 2023 with both Purdy and Lance on their roster. You have 2 guys on rookie contracts. One, really cheap, that has shown he can at least efficiently execute the star studded offense and the other with a ton of physical talent that you just have to see if he can stay healthy to get on the field to execute.

Lance is a sunk cost for the 49er's. They can't go back in time and get the other picks back. That doesn't mean they need to double down on it and move on prematurely either.
Purdy could take them to the the NFC championship and still lose the starting position in camp next year. The niners are so loaded they can shrug off the lack of production from Lance. Most GMs would be on the hot seat after rolling the dice like Lynch did and having nothing to show two years later.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I asked a niners fan/friend of mine what he thought about Purdy. He is trying to remain optimistic, but essentially said Kyle made Mullens look fantastic for 15 games, among others. He thinks Lance will still be the guy.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
You had me up until draft a C to replace Mustipher. Nope. No. And no. Sign a vet to replace Mustipher. Not a rookie. Otherwise, I agree 100% that Carolina is a better partner: 2 2nds, possibly 3 1sts, maybe a couple thirds, and possibly a player.
The rookie doesn't have to start but mustipher has to go. A great use of resources this year would be to put a top 100 pick in a center, given how many really good ones there are in this draft.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
The rookie doesn't have to start but mustipher has to go. A great use of resources this year would be to put a top 100 pick in a center, given how many really good ones there are in this draft.
I’m not sold on drafting a C to play C. A kid I’ve had my eye on recently is Jordan Morgan out of AZ. A nasty run blocker with high athleticism. He is considered to be short armed, so, though he’s been at LT for like 3 years, I could see him moving inside. A guy like him could be our C of the future.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You can literally say this about any great QB. What is Mahomes without Reid and Kelce? What is Allen without Diggs? What is Burrow without Chase/Higgins/Boyd?

Obviously Purdy wouldn’t perform as well as he has without Shanny and a lesser personnel, but the fact he’s performing as well as he has shouldn’t be downplayed. Big test for him today for sure.
He's looking good so far besides actually scoring. His guys have been wide open though, as usual.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He's looking good so far besides actually scoring. His guys have been wide open though, as usual.
You’re clearly not seeing every throw. Also, please point out all of Burrow’s, Mahomes, Allen’s WRs that are wide open. I think you’re really trying to look for criticisms

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have to disagree with the ideal trade down partner.

Carolina has a lot of picks in the top 100 that would make for a richer bid, still remain in the top ten this year, and get extra picks next year. If Chicago has extra picks in the top 100 this year, Poles could be getting really good young talent on OL and DL that can really help turn this team around.

There has to be eight centers in this draft that can outplay Mustipher in the first week of practice. Draft two of them an send Mustipher packing.

I’d really prefer a vet center if possible

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I’m not sold on drafting a C to play C. A kid I’ve had my eye on recently is Jordan Morgan out of AZ. A nasty run blocker with high athleticism. He is considered to be short armed, so, though he’s been at LT for like 3 years, I could see him moving inside. A guy like him could be our C of the future.
Oh man not to go too hard but hell no. I'd rather teach a center to play tackle than have a tackle learn center.