**OFFICAIL** Bears Regular Season News & Schleisse - FTO Preferred - No ALTS! Derailing Is Discouraged!

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
Both Homer and Roschon are special teams aces who can justify a roster spot on that alone. Herbert and Foreman are purely two down backs so there is a niche for either Homer or Roschon. These things seem to work themselves out with injury. I'd love for Johnson to be so spectacular that they can't hold him back

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Both Homer and Roschon are special teams aces who can justify a roster spot on that alone. Herbert and Foreman are purely two down backs so there is a niche for either Homer or Roschon. These things seem to work themselves out with injury. I'd love for Johnson to be so spectacular that they can't hold him back
It's not like we have a big commitment made to D'onta Foreman. It'd be ok to just cut him loose and eat that money.

Canth

Liked Posts:

I had to remind myself who the hell Travis Homer was. He was drafted by Seattle in the 6th round in 2019 and signed with the Bears on a cheap 2 year deal this offseason. So, he has never actually played a single game for the Bears. His best year, 2021, he had 338 total yards from scrimmage split fairly evenly between rushing and receiving. He has never scored more than a single TD in a season. He either did not play or was inactive for about half of Seattle's games last year.

Makes total sense then to suggest trading away one of your 3 main RB's to keep the guy that has done very little in the NFL. That way, you can maintain proper Bears history of having 0 depth anywhere on your roster.

At least it was a good reminder why I rarely read anything that Wood writes.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It's not like we have a big commitment made to D'onta Foreman. It'd be ok to just cut him loose and eat that money.
That's such a bad look. You sign a FA guy in the offseason, an actual contributor, not a PS guy, and then you trade or cut him? Ain't nobody trading for either of those players. lol

Personally, I think Foreman was a sneaky good FA addition especially for the low cost.

Canth

Liked Posts:

I would argue the same is true for Homer. Very little investment and the guy already barely played on his former team. It'll depend on special teams for sure as it always does on the back end of the roster. So, the 4th RB, the 6th WR, 6th LB, 4th TE, etc are competing against each other for those last couple of spots.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

To what end? If you going to pay either way then might as well keep him on the roster. Injuries are bound to happen.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
To what end? If you going to pay either way then might as well keep him on the roster. Injuries are bound to happen.
It all depends on how good Roshon Johnson is, I suppose. This is all predicated on that.